Dyno results....Columbus Dyno Day...

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Post your #'s Columbus Dyno Day...

Wow what a great time, we had a nice turnout, nice HP #'s, nice weather and NICE CARS!!! I was wanting a little more HP out of mine but I cant complain. Best run was 485.6 RWHP(SAE) and 460 RWTQ(SAE)
My blower got heat soak QUICK due to a busted HE. Anyway, I will post some video ASAP from everyone there. Also, held 13.9-14.4lbs boost all through curve....and 11.5-12.0 all through on A/F...I don't remember everyones #'s so please post!!!
dyno.jpg

airfuelboost.jpg

ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO DYNOTUNE MOTORSPORTS...THEY DID A GREAT AND PROFESSIONAL JOB TODAY!!!

Last edited:

99yellowGT

Established Member
That car is a Beast and i bet there is more in it also!! How do we post pictures?

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Thanks GT...you should be proud of 400+HP from a SOHC 4.6L!!!!
Here is your DYNO graph...
dyno2.jpg

Last edited:

gatzer

Established Member
Yes, thank you Howard and Brian!

Here's mine w/ SLP catted X, SLP CB and Densecharger CAI.
img019.jpg
[/IMG]
img018.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by CountySoldier
Anyone know why the HP curve would bounce at the end like that?

Its a mysterious phenomenon known as belt slip !!!:beer:

gatzer

Established Member
Originally posted by CountySoldier
Thanks GT...you should be proud of 400+HP from a SOHC 4.6L!!!!

Hell yeah, Yellow GT your car was very impressive! 410rwhp!!:beer:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I had a great time as well, nice meeting everyone & thanks again to Brian & Howard.

My #'s were 391.0 & 359.7 SAE

P5080763.jpg

P5080765.jpg

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Oh, by the way, Brian asked me about putting up pics of everyone's cars on thier website, maybe call it SVTPerformance dyno day or something. He wanted to get everyones permission & said that the plates would be blocked out.

I for one give my permission for pics to be put on dynotune motorsports webpage if they want to put them there.

Like maybe this pic?
P5080756.jpg

Here is a pic I took of a bunch of people showing up at the same time.
P5080742.jpg

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Everything went great and I don't think anyone could ask for better weather but here's my numbers....

405037_50_full.jpg

405037_49_full.jpg

I really wanted to make 400 but i'll take 392. But I was thinking today of any differences in my car and other cars that were dynoing(With Exhaust and CAI)
and does anyone think that maybe the chrome pulllie cover made things more hot or :shrug:. I know it's a dumb? Well anyways I think i'll hang onto both the steeda and the JLT and test them both without the pullie cover and problie looking at getting the HeatExchanger for my BD. I did'nt get to test out both the steeda vs JLT because the install was a pain. Also dynotune motorsports has my permission to post pics of my car. I was really impressed with how professional dynotune was with our cars. I'll be going back for shure.

Last edited:

Grey03

Established Member
CountySolider
I want your setup, maybe I could throw a few dollars your way and you could supervise the removal and installation of the apten blower. Your car was sweet, and everyone at the Dyno day where great people, and the guys did a great job at the shop.

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
and does anyone think that maybe the chrome pulllie cover made things more hot or . I know it's a dumb?
I highly doubt the pulley cover made any diff on heat soak. As for your #'s they aren't bad. How many miles do you have on your car?

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
I want your setup, maybe I could throw a few dollars your way and you could supervise the removal and installation of the apten blower
Are you kidding, I would be happy to give you a hand. No $$$ required. I'd be happy with another satisfied SVT owner! Let me know what/when you wanna do! I did the Apten by myself, with two of us wrenching it would be a breeze!

Last edited:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03
CountySolider
I want your setup, maybe I could throw a few dollars your way and you could supervise the removal and installation of the apten blower. Your car was sweet, and everyone at the Dyno day where great people, and the guys did a great job at the shop.

CountySolider your car is bad a$$:beer: You can help me do mine next. I would of had 6050 miles or so when I was at the dyno. I was just wondering and wanted to ask but your right it problie did'nt make any difference.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
A/F looks a LOT better than at first, huh LCCOBRA. Were the hp & tq #'s about the same as the earlier runs? Also do you have the newest flash?

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
LCCOBRA....
I can't see your boost reading very well....did you even hit 9lbs?It looks like MystiChrome hit 9.XX and his is stock pulley also!
If not, that may be your few horses you are missing. How does your belt look? You had an ice bag on your car before the dyno right? Maybe you got it wet and had some slippage?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread