Dyno results after new SC install

Dawgstang

Established Member
Just installed a 2.3L VMP SC with a 2.8 pulley size, good for 18PSI .I received a mail order tune for 93 pump gas. Finally put it on a mobile dyno and the results were not too impressive. Max HP 564, Max torque 480. I was hoping for more torque.

4apa5upe.jpg

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Not too bad .... but with a mail ordered tune you really don't know what you have!! I'd personally try to get your car to a real tuner!!

Good luck .... there's more TVS power there! :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with Tim. You really don't want a mail order tune. Have your car dyno tuned for an optimum tune. There's definitely a lot more on the table.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Your mail order tune is leaving tons of power on the table. If you cant find a reputable tuner near you, remote tuning is always an option. Based on your current numbers id say you car has a lot left in it. Goodluck.

Avispa

Established Member
The shape of that torque curve is a dead giveaway you've got some tune problems. I'm also assuming you disconnected the boost dump solenoid in favor of a direct boost hookup to the boost bypass/FRPS line. Usually these things have a nearly flat torque curve out to 5500 RPM or more.

Payne Racing 67

Established Member
For a mail order tune, not too bad. Problem with mail order tunes are they are basically a slightly agressive "base map" if you will to go with your mods. A real tune will probably get you another 20+hp and tq because everything can be adjusted to perfection

Dawgstang

Established Member
A mobile Dyno Jet 224 was used. Granted the outside temp during the run was 100 degrees, I expected slightly higher numbers. I have a wideband so I datalogged several times with SCT software. Justin at VMP sent me several tune revisions. I'll be taking a road trip to HPP racing in Dallas soon to sort things out.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
A mobile Dyno Jet 224 was used. Granted the outside temp during the run was 100 degrees, I expected slightly higher numbers. I have a wideband so I datalogged several times with SCT software. Justin at VMP sent me several tune revisions. I'll be taking a road trip to HPP racing in Dallas soon to sort things out.

Sounds like more than just a "mail order tune" to me .....

Dawgstang

Established Member
Yes it was not a mail order tune per say, even though I received it through e-mail. It was a remote session with VMP.I should of asked for a more aggressive tune than a 93 pump gas tune. Ever since my upgrade I have been using torco to increase my octane to 100 as a extra measure of security anyways. Here in west Texas triple digit weather all summer is common. The only changes I made since the remote tuning session were new Borla cat back system and switched from TR6 to BR7EF spark plugs gapped at .026".

Users who are viewing this thread