Dyno pull after 4r70 swap

TClark22

Established Member
Consider a serious race setup for a turbo car...3.27's and a 1.85 powerglide. At a certain power level with a hard hooking car, you can only put down limited power with a set tire. At that point first gear ratio loses importance. I suggest gearing the car one time instead of the multiple times some do. 3.08 or maximum 3.27 is all you will be able to use. IMO.

Yea I'm hoping to pic the right gear first time. lol I'm leaning 3.15 right now

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice numbers, and man does it sound wicked awesome. What a beast it must be on the street! :rockon:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Was doing some research and discovered that 3.27s top at 142mph or so 1:1. 3.08 might definitely be the gear for you if you want to do 150 or so, 1:1

Gravik

Established Member
How much stall? How do you like the ptc converter? Probably going 4r70 in my car.

TClark22

Established Member
How much stall? How do you like the ptc converter? Probably going 4r70 in my car.

Not too sure on it right now. Supposedly 3500-3800 stall. It is slipping now so don't have a complete review until i get it out and send it off but I'll do that after i build the rear end. Which hopefully I get on that soon. Have the SCT kick off meet this weekend...then hopefully i can get it built between that and the real SCT-KC meet.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Not too sure on it right now. Supposedly 3500-3800 stall. It is slipping now so don't have a complete review until i get it out and send it off but I'll do that after i build the rear end. Which hopefully I get on that soon. Have the SCT kick off meet this weekend...then hopefully i can get it built between that and the real SCT-KC meet.

Don't send the converter out until after you put in the taller gear. The converter is going to operate dramatically different. You need to compare how it works with your final gear choice. 3.55 is too short. As stated before, 3.08 with the right converter is near perfect for your weight and power level. Even with PTC nailing the converter it might feel slower than 3.27 or 3.55 but the improved street traction and numbers you'll see at the track will make you forget all that.

Last edited:

Gravik

Established Member
What are you using for a trans controller? Also what valve body?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stage 4.6

Established Member
That thing sounds amazing! would love to do that swap on my GT, just don't have does mechanical skills.

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
That thing sounds amazing! would love to do that swap on my GT, just don't have does mechanical skills.

196cdmhqk5wl1jpg.jpg

TClark22

Established Member
Don't send the converter out until after you put in the taller gear. The converter is going to operate dramatically different. You need to compare how it works with your final gear choice. 3.55 is too short. As stated before, 3.08 with the right converter is near perfect for your weight and power level. Even with PTC nailing the converter it might feel slower than 3.27 or 3.55 but the improved street traction and numbers you'll see at the track will make you forget all that.

Yea thats why i said I'll build the rear end before i decide to send it out. Yea I'm still thinking 3.15...it would be amazing to have a useful 1st gear. lol

Ugghhhh that sound though...

What's your goal? Enough power to beat stock Civics.... at idle?

Goal is 900-1000 to the wheels...something in the 8 seconds. But i've got tons to do before i reach those goals. lol the power i can get to pretty easily, its the chassis that will need the work soon. I drive this thing more on the street to work and shit more than i roll down the strip.

What are you using for a trans controller? Also what valve body?

No controller. Full Manual valve body from performance automatic.

Gravik

Established Member
Yea thats why i said I'll build the rear end before i decide to send it out. Yea I'm still thinking 3.15...it would be amazing to have a useful 1st gear. lol

Goal is 900-1000 to the wheels...something in the 8 seconds. But i've got tons to do before i reach those goals. lol the power i can get to pretty easily, its the chassis that will need the work soon. I drive this thing more on the street to work and shit more than i roll down the strip.

No controller. Full Manual valve body from performance automatic.
How do you like the manual vb? Any complaints?

TClark22

Established Member
Its great so far. But all i've done is some spirited street driving. With a taller gear, it will be even better.

Can't do much with how its setup now. lol once i start catching traction, I'm already out of gear.

TClark22

Established Member
I guess that depends who you ask?

I've read that the wiring can be a pia, as well as getting the A/C connections to work with this setup, seems like a lot of people are doing it, but I guess Ill have to do some research to see how much is involved?

wiring isn't horrible. And i haven't tackled the A/C thing yet as I'm clueless on how to make it work.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
I guess that depends who you ask?

I've read that the wiring can be a pia, as well as getting the A/C connections to work with this setup, seems like a lot of people are doing it, but I guess Ill have to do some research to see how much is involved?
From going mt to at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread