DYNO: Before and After AED Tune

Badlilstang

Established Member
Sweet... Chris is a good friend of mine for about 16 years. He is a real good guy and even though his shop name does not appear to be Mustang related you better believe he is a HUGE Mustang guy and his shop is FULL of them which you can see on the shop's facebook page. I am going to bug him for some dyno time soon!

Last edited:

denali33

Established Member
He had alot of Mustangs for sure in there. Yes name was misleading.. but he and his team do quality work. My car will go there for all maintenance work

Tucker

Hood up is the only way to do it. A typical dyno run will go from 50-160 MPH and no fan at a dyno shop will flow that kind of air across the entire car.
Hood up only gives the filter ambient air temps, nothing more, which is what it sees hood down at those speeds

This is our 2013 right off the lot
Stock
Tuned + 13
JLT and tune +18
Total + 31
559160_10150758109542155_1136395016_n.jpg

Shaun@AED

The debate is intake air temps with the hood down on the street vs Dyno with the hood up.

If you open up the front airbox inlet to fresh air via removing the Fog light (installing aftermarket grille) and on the 13/14s modifying the plate that blocks the stock airbox opening, there should by Dyno 'Hood Open' type of gains on the street/track as this modification will force cooler air into the CAI.

denali33

Established Member
I ordered an AiRaid CAI..once I install it will datalog and get a revised tune from Shaun. I will get it dyno'd again upon tune + cai finalization. This is fun modding part by part cause you can actually feel the difference as you add parts.

Shaun@AED

Shaun told me he prefers Airaid

It's the only CAI I know of that is large enough at the TB to accommodate larger than stock Throttle Bodies. I prefer Plastic / Carbon fiber CAI's in general as they don't absorb as much radiant heat as the aluminum units, however the aluminum CNC'd units are far more repeatable unit to unit vs plastic or Carbon Fiber. Just one of the reasons why I require data logs and fine tune every CAI maf curve.

Rdrcr

Established Member
^^^^
How long does it usually take you to data log?

Is it something that could be accomplished in a visit to your shop?

Mike

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

^^^^
How long does it usually take you to data log?

Is it something that could be accomplished in a visit to your shop?

Mike

Yes, of course we can do it all at the shop on the dyno in a controlled / safe environment.

scott_0

Established Member
Shaun is great to work with!!!! I contacted him last week about a tune and he promptly returned my email with logging instructions, he has walked me through exactly what he wants in the logs, lol I just cant seem to nail down the light steady throttle log he wants, but he has shown great patience with me, and he answered a couple questions I had, and explained them in a way you feel confident, this guy knows his shit!!!!

Last edited:

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
strongly recommend datalog in a shop, I am 1 1/2 hours from a shop that has a dyno so I did it on the street.... stressful trying to hit buttons on a computer even with a 3rd gear pull going that fast... LOL

denali33

Established Member
I ****ed up my datalogging a few times, because I didn't read the instructions thoroughly. Shaun was a sport and kept working with me

Users who are viewing this thread