DYNO: Before and After AED Tune

denali33

Established Member
Went for dyno after tune. Peak HP gain was minimal went from 379 to 384 .
peak torque gain was 365 to 374. Numbers may not seem big...but power across the rev range was up. At around 3600 rpms I picked up a good 30 torque and midrange overall is quite healthy.

20140426_120416_zps87b57c42.jpg

Rdrcr

Established Member
Roush Axelback, Mrt after cat 3 inch midpipe. stock everything else

Good to know. Thanks.

I was hoping to see a higher peak gain but, you gained power from idle to redline and there was an impressive increase in power in the mid-range. Congrats.

Since our cars have pretty much the same mods (before the tune), you've given me something to compare my results with when the time comes...

Mike

denali33

Established Member
I was hoping to see more peak hp, but you can definitely feel the midrange increase. It makes the car that much more drivable and generous with power.

Shaun@AED

I tell customers HP gains from tune only is typically 5-7HP Peak, but we have seen as much as 15 from tune-only.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Do these cars actually have a "dyno mode" on the stock tune that puts out more power when the front wheels aren't turning? If so, would the gains on the street after the tune be even greater? By how much? I may try an AWD dyno when it comes time so that I can see for sure what's going on with the stock tune. I want to know how much is gained when in use, not just when the front wheels are still.

BrianH87

Established Member
Do these cars actually have a "dyno mode" on the stock tune that puts out more power when the front wheels aren't turning? If so, would the gains on the street after the tune be even greater? By how much? I may try an AWD dyno when it comes time so that I can see for sure what's going on with the stock tune. I want to know how much is gained when in use, not just when the front wheels are still.

I think I read a magazine article that talked about the "dyno mode." I think it actually featured Shaun from AED. Not many people talk about it so I'm curious too if it's indeed true.

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member

My avatar is of my ex cobra on an awd dyno. Fronts won't turn unless you have wrong wheel drive/ symmetrical wrong wheel drive. Rollers just roll...

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
My avatar is of my ex cobra on an awd dyno. Fronts won't turn unless you have wrong wheel drive/ symmetrical wrong wheel drive. Rollers just roll...

Cobb tuning in Plano has an AWD dyno that turns the rollers on the non-drive wheels at the same speed so that they can tune around things just like this dyno mode that I'm talking about. Modern cars do weird things sometimes when only two wheels are turning.

This is a FWD car for example:
http://youtu.be/Dbt30mC9o5Y

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread