Dyno at 25psi 95 Turbo 959rwhp

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
LTHL PSI said:
Willie,

Congrats, very impressive numbers man..I see the Viper Spec T56 is holding up, is that T56 a bone stock Viper type, or has it been modified any? Well good luck on your next trip man.

Derek

Stock viper t56

jasil

Established Member
svt2slow said:
Just a lil insight into the world of imports i use to own one and my friends still do...therefore i have a lil bit of knowledge about them. A guy at SOUND PERFORMANCE in Chicago has a supra and wanted to blow up the motor so he threw it on the dyno with his mods all on and turned the boost up to 50 and let it rip. He proceeded to make 1491 wheel horsepower...stock block...and it is still running 8's on a regular basis. Might i also add that was full weight car with stock interior plus the weight of the cage. No tubs for slicks=incredible smoke shows everywhere. Not trying to knock you import haters but just recognize they dont call it a super car for no reason. And also i Do own a lightning so dont think i am a just an import guy. Any more questions...be sure to bring your A game to the table. :beer: :cuss: :rockon: :burnout: :banana: :bowdown:

Who freaking cares!! Engines are engines and once built they are all about the same and displacement will always end up winning in the end. They have 3.0 liters making 1500rwhp, 5.0 liter dart blocks pushing 2000rwhp, so what. Big blocks pushing over 3000rwhp who cares.

There is nothing special about a 2jz engine in built form. Inline blocks have some strength advantages over V shaped blocks, but the trade off is packaging. You jump all over these supra owners nut sacks, but they have 2 liter engines putting out over 1000rwhp too. Jotechs car, Johansons, Kubo's. They have 5.0 DART blocks putting out 2000rwhp, Big blocks putting out over 3000rwhp in the end displacement wins. Marko's car is fast as hell!! Faster than anything I will ever own I'm sure. His best is what 8.42@165mph around that. Gutridges Drag radial mustang runs 7'[email protected]'s Ls1 based Drag radials Fbod runs 7.60's@over 185mph...does that take away from Marko's car...HEL NO, but in the end displacement will win it all comes down to physics in the end.

How many runs do you think any of engine will last pushing 400-500rwhp per liter? None of them any make or model will last for very long and none of these cars are street cars when your pushing that kind of HP/Liter.

lxboy

Established Member
jasil said:
Who freaking cares!! Engines are engines and once built they are all about the same and displacement will always end up winning in the end. They have 3.0 liters making 1500rwhp, 5.0 liter dart blocks pushing 2000rwhp, so what. Big blocks pushing over 3000rwhp who cares.

There is nothing special about a 2jz engine in built form. Inline blocks have some strength advantages over V shaped blocks, but the trade off is packaging. You jump all over these supra owners nut sacks, but they have 2 liter engines putting out over 1000rwhp too. Jotechs car, Johansons, Kubo's. They have 5.0 DART blocks putting out 2000rwhp, Big blocks putting out over 3000rwhp in the end displacement wins. Marko's car is fast as hell!! Faster than anything I will ever own I'm sure. His best is what 8.42@165mph around that. Gutridges Drag radial mustang runs 7'[email protected]'s Ls1 based Drag radials Fbod runs 7.60's@over 185mph...does that take away from Marko's car...HEL NO, but in the end displacement will win it all comes down to physics in the end.

How many runs do you think any of engine will last pushing 400-500rwhp per liter? None of them any make or model will last for very long and none of these cars are street cars when your pushing that kind of HP/Liter.

good post. I would also like to through in my two cents here, lets not forget the fact that wolverine can turn his boost down to 20psi and if tuned and pulled to past 5000 on a dyno jet probobly still make 900+rwhp on PUMP GAS. What would all those magical supras pull with 93 in the tank?

jasil

Established Member
lxboy said:
good post. I would also like to through in my two cents here, lets not forget the fact that wolverine can turn his boost down to 20psi and if tuned and pulled to past 5000 on a dyno jet probobly still make 900+rwhp on PUMP GAS. What would all those magical supras pull with 93 in the tank?

I've seen 700rwhp on pump with a large T-88 34HD. The big difference is power under the curve where the displacement of 5.8 liters would feel much better than the 5K and up powerband of the 3.0.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
well your mom, I've got an siR sticker on my toyota cellica and that thing used to be an alltrac, but I blew up the compressor pulley and all my R134A came flying out.....it was sic man it looked like I was purging some nos like the big boys with the V8's. Someday I'll be running 10's with 30k invested and then I'll show all you domestic mullet, dukes of hazard watching rednecks that jap cars are soo gonna own you!

If people got $hit to throw down, take to the track. dyno numbers are well and good but it's at the strip where the winners are decided.

svt2slow

Established Member
K guys i realize all this and i am nbot calling any of your mullet wearing rednecks. But these mustangs and cars with 3000 horsepower and what not dont drive the streets every weekend and make the same horsepower on the streets. He safely runs this on the streets as well and like i said that cars you talk about are tubbed stripped and have liek 15 inch wide slicks. the supra can fit 10 max i think and someone asked if the supra was yellow. Yes there is the yellow supra rolling around here that is Sound performance's car as well and he is real fast wouldnt suprise me if he was running same hp. But the one i am talking about is black. The yellow one beats 1000cc nitro'd bikes all day. As you saw in Scandalous Street Racing...

By the way Plug that vid probably best one out there...a lot of domestics whooping up on everything...SVT is shown prodly in there. :beer: :burn:

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
My turbo is not that big.

mot15px.jpg

mot5vi.jpg

svt2slow

Established Member
anyway not knockin your car i like it sick numbers. As a matter of fact i am gonna be getting a 98 or so cobra instead of the lightning. and would like for you to maybe share with me some of your insight on turbo'in the 4.6 i really don't know much about turbo'n stangs or any domestic for that matter.

jasil

Established Member
svt2slow said:
anyway not knockin your car i like it sick numbers. As a matter of fact i am gonna be getting a 98 or so cobra instead of the lightning. and would like for you to maybe share with me some of your insight on turbo'in the 4.6 i really don't know much about turbo'n stangs or any domestic for that matter.

Did you say Marko's car was putting down 1491rwhp on the street? He ran that on VP Import race gas 125 octane...not 116 octane that you buy at most tracks.

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
LOL... So much misinformation on the internet.

The Supra that made 1520 rwhp is white and is not on the stock bottom end. His block and crank are stock, but he has aftermarket pistons and rods. When he ran that 8.45 he was on a skinny tire and only had about 1150 rwhp. He should be dipping into the 7's soon. You guys have to realize this is a more than stock weight street car that was driven over 5000 miles last year.

I know that Gutridges Drag radial mustang runs 7's@189mph but there are also Supra's that will give him a pretty darn good run for the $$$

Krys Efantis of Bullish Racing in the MSP Supra ran a 7.9@180 with an Auto/TH350 and BFG Drag Radials at 3315 pounds on the stock IRS.
Vinny Ten ran a 7.30@191 in his Supra (backhalved car).

There are also cars with the Supra engine that have ran into the sixes...

6.57@213 Brad Pedsonett Titan Motorsports '04 Celica

6.66@209 Matt Scranton Turbonetics Racing '03 Celica

6.70@207 George Ioannou Bullish Motor Sports Solara Pro

6.73@205 Ara Arslanian Bullish Motor Sports Solara Pro

6.77@ 203 Tirso Sanjuan Turbonetics Racing '04 Celica

BTW... Impressive car you have there Wolverine. :rockon: :beer:

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Just a lil insight into the world of imports i use to own one and my friends still do...therefore i have a lil bit of knowledge about them. A guy at SOUND PERFORMANCE in Chicago has a supra and wanted to blow up the motor so he threw it on the dyno with his mods all on and turned the boost up to 50 and let it rip. He proceeded to make 1491 wheel horsepower...stock block...and it is still running 8's on a regular basis. Might i also add that was full weight car with stock interior plus the weight of the cage. No tubs for slicks=incredible smoke shows everywhere. Not trying to knock you import haters but just recognize they dont call it a super car for no reason. And also i Do own a lightning so dont think i am a just an import guy. Any more questions...be sure to bring your A game to the table.

This isnt the same supra in the scandalous video who was crying and bitching about racing a turbo gt for money was it.. Actually I have the dvd it is... HE got to run high boost and NOS and still got his ass kicked and ur braggin it up? watch the video. mustang is blue and in the far lane. supra isnt even pulling after the 8 mile either... Keep braggin about 50psi and this and that its all race gas and high boost and nos.. what does a supra do a 10psi exactally not a ****ing thing..when a turbo 03 cobra at 10psi psi can put over 550rwhp. oh wait lets here its only a 3.0 shit. If i lived in florida and the cobra in question had at least 3:55 and agreed to run Id put a grand on him from a 40-180 roll against any ****ing supra. thats right has to be a roll so the big tubo supra can have boost built... 1491rwhp and run 8"s is ****ing pathetic dont forget to add the 150 shot a nos too...

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Modular power house built this car wont let me post the pics for some reason read the article its so funny when the tech says when we turned it up to supra boost levels. lol... 1200rwhp pump gas no timming nothing. and then supra boost 35psi. race gas and its a street car. What the **** u got to say now... Nothing cause u got nothing that can compete. with 1980rwhp. so go back to supra forums and keep whackin off to 900 rwhp on 32psi and nos.... The bottom car is from washington \...

Twin turbo Ford Modular 5.4L with two T70 turbos. Should be good to 1200rwhp on pump gas at 20ish psi and one guy is putting down 1980rwhp on C16 at 35psi. And a 5.4L is not that big of a V8 compared to other stuff out there. But, its DOHC so its aspiration is much better than most other older tech pushrod motors.

Be aware of a TT 5.4L that will be rolling up here in Moscow. Redline of 10k rpms, twin BB T76's, full interior, A/C, etc. It will be THE sickest street car ever

svt2slow

Established Member
listen here you inbred F!@$'s if you would have read my posts completely you would have noticed that i said props and that i could practiaclly care less about supra's my whole argument started when someone said no supra could ever get 1200 rwhp. I in fact like i said before own a f'in lightning so why would i post in the supra forums. I am actually going to be selling the lightning for a 98 cobra and then i am going to go with a turbo set-up. besides the grand nationals all you cars got the turbo big horsepower idea from imports who were handing flyin by you giving you the choice of flavor condom they were gonna rape you with... get a clue you guys are worthless losers that have nothing better to do with your time than knock a car that is somethings other than yours...a real car enthusiast lieks anything fast. I myself am one of those guys. I like them all fords, toyotas, chevy, dodge, ferrari...etc.... a nice car is a nice car...get it through your thick skulls that svt is not the only one out there making nice cars these days. us svt owners are the guys who cant afford ferrari's etc...and dont deny it if you have the moeny you would buy one too. Cause at the end of the day a chevy is a chevy a ford is a ford and a ferrari is still a ferrari

orangesvtbb

Established Member
hehe I like fast cars but love to see rice get beat. I have the right to enjoy a good american ass whoopen. I don't however consider a ferrari rice. They usually have more than 4 cylinders ;). I know other companys make nice cars but IMO!!!! I will always live to own mustangs.
PAUL WALKER FOR LIFE Yeeeeaaaahh!

svt2slow

Established Member
god you guys have no brains...Yeeeaahhh Paul walker.... I own a ford you f@$#in idiot you never read the whole post...you are the first guy to come out and pretty much admit being a dumba$$ orange :poke: hello wake up but being a inbred hillbille you probably can't read that great so i will let ya slide...

oh and in the dvd the mustang tells the supra only one power additive and he didnt use nitrous...if you are gonna try to burn me then make sure you pay attention to the details you miserable bloody rag

I hope when i get a cobra i dont become a total a$$ like you guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread