Dyno at 25psi 95 Turbo 959rwhp

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
It would be fun to show up at a local ricer meet with the car running 15, 20psi. Refuse to open the hood, take some bets and go home a few dollers richer and show the import guys what a real car can do with a turbo.

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Holy shhhiiitt, so the car has no problem holding 25psi? I'd love to see it on video. I have so many questions...what does it sound like? You must have to go from like a 70 roll to get any traction what-so-ever. Have you put any different rubber on the back? How much does it put to the wheels at 12psi? Can you post a list of what it took to switch to turbo? And if you dont mind me asking, how much did it set you back after you were all done?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
LOL what he said
Ballistik8 said:
Holy shhhiiitt, so the car has no problem holding 25psi? I'd love to see it on video. I have so many questions...what does it sound like? You must have to go from like a 70 roll to get any traction what-so-ever. Have you put any different rubber on the back? How much does it put to the wheels at 12psi? Can you post a list of what it took to switch to turbo? And if you dont mind me asking, how much did it set you back after you were all done?

3000ways

Established Member
Aerosi665 said:
It would be fun to show up at a local ricer meet with the car running 15, 20psi. Refuse to open the hood, take some bets and go home a few dollers richer and show the import guys what a real car can do with a turbo.

Come on man, the engine can't handle 25PSI as a daily driver, just like he said for normal day to day driving his car runs on less than half that boost. His peak numbers are awesome, no doubting that, but Supras and Skylines have made 900WHP+ on 6 cylinders. You see it's not always about WHP, an engine that can safely run day to day on 25PSI and higher (stock bottom ends) impresses me. Then turn the dial up to 30PSI+, now that's a car and an engine handling a turbo.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
3000ways said:
Come on man, the engine can't handle 25PSI as a daily driver, just like he said for normal day to day driving his car runs on less than half that boost. His peak numbers are awesome, no doubting that, but Supras and Skylines have made 900WHP+ on 6 cylinders. You see it's not always about WHP, an engine that can safely run day to day on 25PSI and higher (stock bottom ends) impresses me. Then turn the dial up to 30PSI+, now that's a car and an engine handling a turbo.
Stop trolling and go home, hes probly got the cost of an hks 2835 twin kit into his entire car you fu(k :nonono:

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
3000ways said:
12.4's @126-130's :fart: No thanks :burn: :D Just stirring the pot :rockon:

COBRA WOLVERINE

"Supra Slayer"
Established Member
3000ways said:

A Supra run 32 to 38 psi to make 900+ rwhp that is not impresse. In a few weeks, I will be turning my boost to 30psi on a dyno jet and you will see 1300rwhp and 1450torque and that is something that a supra will never had.

svt2slow

Established Member
Just a lil insight into the world of imports i use to own one and my friends still do...therefore i have a lil bit of knowledge about them. A guy at SOUND PERFORMANCE in Chicago has a supra and wanted to blow up the motor so he threw it on the dyno with his mods all on and turned the boost up to 50 and let it rip. He proceeded to make 1491 wheel horsepower...stock block...and it is still running 8's on a regular basis. Might i also add that was full weight car with stock interior plus the weight of the cage. No tubs for slicks=incredible smoke shows everywhere. Not trying to knock you import haters but just recognize they dont call it a super car for no reason. And also i Do own a lightning so dont think i am a just an import guy. Any more questions...be sure to bring your A game to the table. :beer: :cuss: :rockon: :burnout: :banana: :bowdown:

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
svt2slow said:
Just a lil insight into the world of imports i use to own one and my friends still do...therefore i have a lil bit of knowledge about them. A guy at SOUND PERFORMANCE in Chicago has a supra and wanted to blow up the motor so he threw it on the dyno with his mods all on and turned the boost up to 50 and let it rip. He proceeded to make 1491 wheel horsepower...stock block...and it is still running 8's on a regular basis. Might i also add that was full weight car with stock interior plus the weight of the cage. No tubs for slicks=incredible smoke shows everywhere. Not trying to knock you import haters but just recognize they dont call it a super car for no reason. And also i Do own a lightning so dont think i am a just an import guy. Any more questions...be sure to bring your A game to the table. :beer: :cuss: :rockon: :burnout: :banana: :bowdown:

That car made it on 57 pounds of boost, 57! Cobra wolverines car could make that with 35. Also I dont think they wanted to blow the motor, they wanted to see what it could make. Im not even sure if it is the stock block, but if it is, whoope. The stock 03 Cobra block can handle that power as well. The stock block has been 6's@200+, so have the stock heads. The car runs full weight slicks. 1491 RWHP and mid 8's is not impressive to me. There are full weight mustangs going faster, sorry. Since when was the supra a supercar? That might of sounded harsh, but your post rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
svt2slow said:
Okay Xtacy's 03 turbo Cobra ran 8's and didn't make that much power on a stock bottom end with less boost :poke:

03cobraracer

Established Member
god damn that car is insane. def need a video of that beast pissing on some rice! and basically everything else on the road.

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Willie,

Congrats, very impressive numbers man..I see the Viper Spec T56 is holding up, is that T56 a bone stock Viper type, or has it been modified any? Well good luck on your next trip man.

Derek

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
svt2slow said:
Bring it son! What you think we were born yesterday? :nonono: Alot of people on here own or have owned supras. Nobody's clowning on a supra but I can guarantee you I'd rather build a turbo 8 over something with 2 less liters and 2 less cams :-D I wanna see an all motor supra with the v8 from the tundra or the gs430, that would be cool since all the import guys are now realizing its alot easier to have 2 more cylinders :banana: Cool how marko made 1491 and proceeded to lay down 1520 the next week or some crap, thats a nice car but stock bottom end? :bs: A little friendly competition is welcome but don't think we are some mullet rockin jackasses...well not all of us anyway.

svtcobra2k1

Dead Crawlin...
Established Member
boostaholic is this supra yellow by any chance. Ive seen it in the scandalous racing video if so its sick! That supra is from around where I am if its the right one.

Users who are viewing this thread