"Dude, at 6,500 RPM's When That V-Tech Kicks In...."

vipergts281

Established Member
Those where the words that brought laughter to me only moments ago.

I'm sitting at my desk here at work talking with my boss, Randy, and another co-worker. My boss is telling my co-worker about the Dodge Charger he just picked up with and how it has a "hemi". Oh joy. Then he mentions how "now I have to sell the Prelude". It is at this time that I am making my way past him, he is standing next to one of the desks, when he asks if I know anybody that wants a Prelude. I tell him no but I'll keep my ears open. Then comes two statements that are the most comical things I've heard all day, if not all week....."That thing will keep up with your Mustang". I laughed and said "doubt it". The next words out of his mouth sent me into laughter....."Dude, at 6,500 RPM's when that V-Tech kicks in...." and his eyes lit up!! And he was DEAD SERIOUS! I asked if it was stock and he said it was. :lol1: His reasoning is that his brother is into Mustangs (more than I am in his words) and said that it is fast. Well holy hell, does your brother have some stock tips for me, since he apparently knows all? Anyway, I asked if he would care to prove what he was claiming and he declined. I even offered to put money on it, he wouldn't bite.

This is the same guy who about one month ago tried tell another guy here at work that he could "just plug" his tire that had a nail in it's sidewall. I said he couldn't plug it. He fires back with 'Yes you can!". It was only after I explained to him that you can not plug a hole in the sidewall, only in the tread, that he shut his mouth. Even still, I could tell he was dying to get something else out.

And if you knew this guy personally you'd find this story even more entertaining. He is the type of person who always has to "one up" you.

Me: I played poker over the weekend.
Him: I won the World Poker Tournament last year

Me: I caught a fish over the weekend while fishing.
Him: Did I ever tell you about when I was fishing and ended up fighting a great white for 2 hours and 23 minutes only to have the line snap because I was so aggressive with it?

Me: I'm thinking about buying a boat.
Him: Boats are a waste.....expensive, have to pay to store them, gas is expensive. The happiest days of a boat owners life is when he buys the boat and when he sells it.
Him about 4 months later: Dude, I got a boat!
(True story by the way)

Me: I helped an old lady cross the street yesterday.
Him: Phhh, I helped a 22 yeard old girl cross the street, walked her home, gave her two minutes of my "Randy Ride" and even cooked her an omelet the next day.

Do any of you guys know someone like this? These types of people can be both entertaining and a source of aggravation.

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
bitchslap.jpg.w300h338.jpg

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I actually know a girl at work who seems to always one up me. Get him to admit that his new Hemi is faster than his Prelude - then race his new car (double bonus - you get to beat him and call him a BS'r in one shot)

shocker 420

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Me: I helped an old lady cross the street yesterday.
Him: Phhh, I helped a 22 yeard old girl cross the street, walked her home, gave her two minutes of my "Randy Ride" and even cooked her an omelet the next day.

Haha, yes I know somebody like this, hell I know a few people like this. Whatever you have, they have something better. In other words, they are jealous of what you have, and must have everybody envy what they have.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
urwtdrm said:
I used to work with a guy like that. Most annoying thing ever.
hahaha, I had the same kinda guy at my last job too! lol
I told him I was enlisting in the USAF as an E&E mech with e-3 in tech school... the next day he came back and said the navy offered him e-4 in basic and a $20k sign-in bonus after he completed school as a nuke tech. I called him a stupid pot head and laughed it off.

Some people. :poke:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
OMG, my friend is just like that! He always has to be better, or say something negative about something that makes you happy. After he found out I got the cobra hes like this is nice, but you shouldve got a saleen, I was like, but a regular saleen is slower, its just a 2v GT with body kit and suspension and a little engine work, but apparently itll blow my cobra away. Then he asked me how much I paid for it, I lyed to him purposely and said 9000 to see what he would say, and hes like you guys got ripped off, I saw a twin turbo 99 cobra on ebay for 9,000. You can never be better than him, never, and if you get something nice, he'll have something bad to say about it. Like my one friend got silver rims for his sentra, and all he has to say is shouldve gotten white, they would look better. Never said they looked nice or anything.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
WHY GOD WHY???

Why are there SOOOOOOOOOO many guys like this???

Yes I know and have known WAY TOO many guys like that.

I'm usually pretty quiet...
I let them hang themselves with miles of rope via leading and accommodating questions...

Then once the "noose" is nicely secured....

I will finally say "really".... "I don't think so!!!" :bs:
and kick the freaking stool out from under them... with facts, web sites, testimonials and whatever verifiable reality based info is needed.

I find them entertaining most of the time .... but at other times hideously annoying! :bash:

Sometimes it's to the point of "Oh please let them die NOW!!!".... or at least STFU!!!

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I know a lot of people like this. All of my friends either have an uncle, a friend, a cousin, a brother, or a distance relative that has a car thats faster than my cobra, I just say bring it on. I'm not one to talk a lot of crap either, but it gets annoying after a while.

TRBO VNM

na, most people at work know how much I am into cars, so they don't try to pull stupid shit like that. it would be fun though. I would really love to mess with someones mind. hell, I might have to go around and start asking some of the girls if they filled up their headlight fluid.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
mjzilinski said:
I I just say bring it on. I'm not one to talk a lot of crap either, but it gets annoying after a while.
+1 I basically say i'll race anyone. I may lose but atleast with my power I stand a chance.

vipergts281

Established Member
SVTkel said:
I actually know a girl at work who seems to always one up me. Get him to admit that his new Hemi is faster than his Prelude - then race his new car (double bonus - you get to beat him and call him a BS'r in one shot)
That's what kills me....his new Charger will destroy his Prelude, so why not atleast say that will keep up with my Cobra?

It's funny, another guy at work already has a Charger with the Hemi. I've been in it several times and I will say it gets up and goes pretty nicely. This guy commented one time about being pretty fast and maybe as fast as my Cobra. I informed him that his car is quick but not as fast as a pullied Cobra. He is a cool guy, so it wasn't like he was being a di*k about it. Plus, he eventually asked what kind of power my Cobra has. Ever since I told him the numbers, he hasn't uttered another word about being as fast a my car.

I'd love to have my boss in his Prelude next to my Cobra and then put a couple of buslengths on him. He'll probably think my car was made by NASA then. :kaboom:

vipergts281

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
I let them hang themselves with miles of rope via leading and accommodating questions...

Then once the "noose" is nicely secured....

I will finally say "really".... "I don't think so!!!" :bs:
and kick the freaking stool out from under them... with facts, web sites, testimonials and whatever verifiable reality based info is needed.
:lol: I love putting someone in their place when they think they know it all. The only tips I'd take from my boss are golf tips and things pertaining to my job, obviously. Other than that, I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
:lol: I love putting someone in their place when they think they know it all. The only tips I'd take from my boss are golf tips and things pertaining to my job, obviously. Other than that, I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

Actually I don't like doing it... :shrug:

But it's usually the only effective way to get them to SHUT UP!!! :kaboom: :loser:

Last edited:

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
well i know some fast hondas... just turns out none of them have an H22A in them... and does the guy know how damn heavy any prelude is? holy crap, i pushed a 93 prelude with out an engine and trasnmission before, seaiously... heaviest car i pushed (car, not truck... but still! i've pushed alot of cars haha) and it didn't have an engine! a stock prelude with intake, headers, and exhaust will only run high 14's at best... but then again, most people who drive hondas that translates into uhh i dunno 10's in the 1/4, cause you know... they live their life 1/4 mile at a time HAHAHAHA

vipergts281

Established Member
I got into another "debate" with him today. Long story short, we got talking about directions and how to get to a golf course we are going to tomorrow. I suggested one way and he jumped all over it saying he knows a better, faster way. I had to laugh because the golf course is literally 5 minutes from my house and I make the drive 2 times a day.....to and from work. I told him that but he still thought his way is better.

Then to top it off, he wanted to hop on my computer to "show me" on a map. So he brings up Yahoo maps and was looking around. Then he says "This sucks, some roads are missing". HAHA, I told him to zoom in. Guess what, the roads appeared. :idea: Then he blurts out "this map sucks, let me show you on my computer, I have a better map". Of course you do.

Users who are viewing this thread