Dual Walbro 465 Too Much For Pullied Cobra?

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
Searched for a thread and couldn't find one thread regarding my issue.

I have been tossing up the topic of going return style on my pullied cobra with e85. I have heard many bad things about dual aeromotive 340's and division x 340's out of the budget kit lethal performance sells. I'm gonna say ill be around 500 wheel with my car with e85.

Could I run dual 465's? Or is that so overkill it will hurt with tuning, etc?

Could I include the dual 465's and just run 1 pump?

Needing some help here guys.

Thanks, Trevor :beer:

bigmoose

Established Member
Two 465's are definitely overkill for your current setup. Any plans to upgrade in the future? The 465 does have an internal check valve, so yes, you can run one and then wire up the second if you upgrade down the road.

My goal is 650whp on e85 and i plan to go with the new walbro 305 pumps(F90000265). They are e85 compatible and draw way less power than the 465(9A vs 15A each). however, they do not have a check valve so you cannot run just one of them.

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
Two 465's are definitely overkill for your current setup. Any plans to upgrade in the future? The 465 does have an internal check valve, so yes, you can run one and then wire up the second if you upgrade down the road.

My goal is 650whp on e85 and i plan to go with the new walbro 305 pumps(F90000265). They are e85 compatible and draw way less power than the 465(9A vs 15A each). however, they do not have a check valve so you cannot run just one of them.

Well the problem is with the budget kit you either get dual 255 or 340, 400, or the 465s. But a buddy recommended 255's they should be fine with e85 right?

bigmoose

Established Member
I bet if you contacted lethal they could offer the new 305 pumps in that kit. they are new so probably just not updated everywhere on the website. that is if you want to go with them.

lucheski

Established Member
Searched for a thread and couldn't find one thread regarding my issue.

I have been tossing up the topic of going return style on my pullied cobra with e85. I have heard many bad things about dual aeromotive 340's and division x 340's out of the budget kit lethal performance sells. I'm gonna say ill be around 500 wheel with my car with e85.

Could I run dual 465's? Or is that so overkill it will hurt with tuning, etc?

Could I include the dual 465's and just run 1 pump?

Needing some help here guys.

Thanks, Trevor :beer:

Why do you need bigger pumps? whats wrong with the stock pumps? I ran stock pumps with BAP still past 620rwhp on my old vert

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
Well the problem is with the budget kit you either get dual 255 or 340, 400, or the 465s. But a buddy recommended 255's they should be fine with e85 right?

Stryker 340's or the 400's

My 255's struggled on e85.
Switched to the Stryker 340's and they performed great

lucheski

Established Member
I want to go with return style for the future

Understood, but you definitely don't want to run dual 465s return style with a pullied stock blower. Most of that fuel would unused and be getting bypassed back to the tank, circling round and round getting hot.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I am in the same boat. Doing a port/lower set up on e85 come spring. Im going to go with a fore lvel 1 kit with dual 465s. It will run off one pump until you get in boost. Im going big now so I can support a tvs down the road if I ever choose to go bigger than the port. Id go big or go home. Do it once and do it right. my .02c

Adamn

Established Member
I'm in similar situation I recently did a pprv delete and now have a hose leaking in the tank so I am trying to figure out how to address the situation. I talked to my tuner and he said that I can add a fitting to the stock hat, a regulator, and a return line and change my bap to run off the hops switch and then I wouldn't have to worry about the frps popping that seems to be an issue. I like the idea of the return and it would be much cheaper to do what he mentioned and would be enough for my current setup but at the same time I wonder if I should upgrade to a lethal return and run e85 since either way I have to retune.

cj428mach

Established Member
Go wtih the AEM 320 green tops or the 465's if you think you'll do e85 in the future. The 320's should do close to 800rwhp on e85.

Go with the Fore kit, look at the guy burning up his wiring harness on the lethal kit, you won't have that issue with the Fore.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
From my experience I would say go as big as you can go. Put the dual 465s in and be done with it. You will probably only have to run 1 pump and worse case you have the 2nd pump kick on when needed only.

Why do I recommend that? I've been there from day one (I purchased this car brand new bone stock) and over the years I've been through multiple pumps, fuel hats, more pumps, bigger pumps, different fuel hats because not all pumps fit the same hat, returnless, return style and so forth. It's a never ending problem. You'll constantly be chasing fuel upgrades as your power keeps increasing. I wasted so much money doing my fuel system over and over each time thinking I'd never exceed "this" setup.
Right from day one I should have just put the biggest possible E85 compatible pumps and be done with it.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Go wtih the AEM 320 green tops or the 465's if you think you'll do e85 in the future. The 320's should do close to 800rwhp on e85.

Go with the Fore kit, look at the guy burning up his wiring harness on the lethal kit, you won't have that issue with the Fore.

Thats what I bought and am going to run with my TVS, Fore Level 2 return kit with AEM 50-1200 E85 pumps FTW

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
From my experience I would say go as big as you can go. Put the dual 465s in and be done with it. You will probably only have to run 1 pump and worse case you have the 2nd pump kick on when needed only.

Why do I recommend that? I've been there from day one (I purchased this car brand new bone stock) and over the years I've been through multiple pumps, fuel hats, more pumps, bigger pumps, different fuel hats because not all pumps fit the same hat, returnless, return style and so forth. It's a never ending problem. You'll constantly be chasing fuel upgrades as your power keeps increasing. I wasted so much money doing my fuel system over and over each time thinking I'd never exceed "this" setup.
Right from day one I should have just put the biggest possible E85 compatible pumps and be done with it.

This.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Thats exactly what Malcolm told me. Even if you have the 465s which run hotter, unless you are getting in it only one will be running all the time. The hobbs will kick on the second when it sees boost.

Users who are viewing this thread