Dual FPDM + BAP?

Daywalker

Established Member
Raising this from the dead! I currently have 60lb injectors, and a FORE hat with twin GT pumps in my garage. I plan on running a 2.3 whipple at 17-18 PSI on 91(CA) octane. To safely have 570-600 at the wheels what else do I need besides a wiring upgrade and another FPDM? Can I do what Black306 suggested without the BAP, or do I have to run that AND twin FPDMs? Or the BAP and a modified FPDM? Can someone please clear this up? Thanks!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Raising this from the dead! I currently have 60lb injectors, and a FORE hat with twin GT pumps in my garage. I plan on running a 2.3 whipple at 17-18 PSI on 91(CA) octane. To safely have 570-600 at the wheels what else do I need besides a wiring upgrade and another FPDM? Can I do what Black306 suggested without the BAP, or do I have to run that AND twin FPDMs? Or the BAP and a modified FPDM? Can someone please clear this up? Thanks!

A single modded fpdm is fine But I'd add a BAP if you want to safely support 600, the twin GT's by themselves will have a high duty cycle at that HP...

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Oh! Phew! I was thinking: "Why the hell is Bdubbs going back to BAP and FPDMs after doing a return system?!"

Necro dude, I ran up to 600 on Fore Hat, Dual FPDM with wire upgrade and twin GT pumps. Duty cycle was around 90%.
It will not be enough if you try to go E85 though.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
oh! Phew! I was thinking: "why the hell is bdubbs going back to bap and fpdms after doing a return system?!"

necro dude, i ran up to 600 on fore hat, dual fpdm with wire upgrade and twin gt pumps. Duty cycle was around 90%.
It will not be enough if you try to go e85 though.

lol.

TRBO VNM

Do the aviator pumps flow more than the ford gt pumps?

I ran dual aviator pumps with race gas and supported well over 700rwhp. I don't see why twin gt pumps wouldn't support the 600 without issue. Especially only running 91 oct.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Do the aviator pumps flow more than the ford gt pumps?

I ran dual aviator pumps with race gas and supported well over 700rwhp. I don't see why twin gt pumps wouldn't support the 600 without issue. Especially only running 91 oct.

That was with stock line and rails for 700 with twin GT's no bap returnless? That's impressive my twin aviator no bap setup ran out of steam at 550 (60's,stock rails). And to answer your question the Aviators flow a hair less than the GT's at 50 psi.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

That was with stock line and rails for 700 with twin GT's no bap returnless? That's impressive my twin aviator no bap setup ran out of steam at 550 (60's,stock rails). And to answer your question the Aviators flow a hair less than the GT's at 50 psi.

60# injectors, -8an line upgrade, stock rails, returnless setup, stock FPDM. I want to say it was without a BAP. But it was so long ago now. It was my first terminator turbo setup and at the time Lund tuned it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I ran up to 660hp (2.3 Whipple @ 22lbs) with stock lines and rails with a stock modified hat, Twin GT pumps, 60's, and a single modified FPDM. The fuel system wasn't maxed yet either.

Now close to 750hp I've added a gap on top of that and now it's maxed.

persico

Established Member
Hey guy's I'm new here but needed to revive this old thread. I'm running dual stock cobra pumps/tank with a bap and dual FPDM's. They're wired exactly like the diagram shows on page 1. My problem is that I'm getting 17 volts out of both FPDM'S to the pumps at idle. Again the bap is wired pre FPDM'S. I thought the FPDM was supposed to regulate voltage when not under load. Any help would be appreciated. Oh I'm running the 17v 40 amp version. Thanks much...

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Unless you are running a Hobbs switch so that the BAP is only active in boost you should see full voltage. The fuel pumps are controlled by being turned on and off quickly at full voltage to control pressure and flow.

persico

Established Member
Unless you are running a Hobbs switch so that the BAP is only active in boost you should see full voltage. The fuel pumps are controlled by being turned on and off quickly at full voltage to control pressure and flow.

Thank you. I thought Derek (Blac306) said that if you run the BAP pre FPDM, that the FPDM (2 in my case) would control voltage. I'm at a steady 17.3 volts no matter what. Any thought's? I should add that it runs fine just running off the FPDM'S but loads ups when running the BAP because it's running wide open. If I have to run a hobbs switch that's not a problem, I just thought it wouldn't be necessary. Again I'm seeing 17.3 going in and coming out of the FPDM'S. Thanks.

Last edited:

persico

Established Member
Sounds like a tune issue if it's "loads up" with the bap

You may be right. I guess I was wondering if the pumps are supposed to have 17 volts on them all the time or are the FPDM'S not working as they should. I'll re-check the voltage going into the pumps when just running on the FPDMS but I think it was around 12 or so the last time I checked. Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread