dry vs wet

kbturbo

Established Member
I have a dry 50 shot on my 03 cobra.

The last time I tuned it, it made 570hp and 700tq

It has a ported blower at 17psi. I plan on putting a little more spray to it. It has an upgraded fuel system and injectors. Give me some opinions of what you guys would do?

rejet and retune the dry shot for 100 to 125 or sell the dry kit and purchase a wet kit??

Just looking for a couple different quick opinions to help my decision..

BlackVenom99

Established Member
You can modify that dry kit to run wet.

With a wet kit you can add a small engine bay fuel tank to do a race gas standalone fuel system for larger nitrous shots. Much safer as the power begins to increase. Pump gas as an everyday, then you have c16 as a supplemental fuel for the times when nitrous is used.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
What pumps the fuel at the recommended High PSI under squeeze with that engine bay fuel tank? don't get that idea? It's easier to just tap into the schrader valve for your fuel, you don't need c16 for a 100 shot!

BlackVenom99

Established Member
You're right when combining two power adders, trying to make max efficient power and doing it safely. Nope don't really see the need either, but then again I was thinking 125-150. He is the one who is already looking for more, I guess he will stop after only one pill upgrade.
(most will probably say overkill, and probably have plenty of races without going this route.)

Nitrous Express » Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems » SAFE, STAND ALONE FUEL ENRICHMENT SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Old thread: people do run them...
Nitrous Standalone Fuel System: Who makes them?

You may not understand, however I'm not going to supply the vast amount of information on this topic for you. If you're really interested in expanding you're knowledge of nitrous systems used for racing (where else are they used?) then you should spend a little time reading.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I've had Nitrous on cars for probably longer than you've been alive, thanks anyway!
If you simply said Engine bay fuel tank AND pump I wouldn't have asked such an amateurish question, they didn't have these in the early 90's!

Last edited:

BlackVenom99

Established Member
I guess the words "race gas standalone fuel system" didn't mean much to you. I needed to say "and pump" for the older generation to figure something out.

CPRsm

I'd stay dry also. EFI manifolds aren't designed to flow fuel, only air. It will work, but not as evenly. Also especially with a blower that forces the air to one area of the engine, you don't want the fuel doing that also. Will work and has been done, but I would skip.

Users who are viewing this thread