Drove to AED for Long tube install/dyno

Baysixx

Established Member
This Thursday I had the time to drive the 2.5 hour trip to AED to get pypes stepped long tubes installed. The next day the install was looking clean however I was told by Drew that the install was a complete b*tch. They had to relocate the o2 bungs and the x pipe was 3" throughout and did not fit the factory ota pipes without modification. After all that was done they looked very clean under the car. The headers do sit on the steering shaft tho and it makes the steering quite a bit stiffer but I can deal with that. On Friday I went to pick up the car and watch the dyno tune. Good thing I'm a dumbass and forgot my sct tuner at my house. I had to get my car drive back then go all the way back. A good 500 mile round trip and 10 hours of driving but it was worth it in the end.

I got a baseline dyno pull with an o/r x pipe, boss im, and John Lund tune. It was accidentally done in 4th gear and came out to 400 hp and I can't remember the tq but I believe it was around 330. After the install Shaun did a dyno pull with no change in the tune and the only change was the headers being installed. He did the pull in 4th as a comparison and it came out to 420 whp. After a few pulls Shaun got the car dialed in and these were the final results.

a8amaqaq.jpg

The low end torque that was gained feels insane according to my butt dyno and the car pulls a lot harder. Shaun's tune is amazing on the drivability and is much smoother thru the entire rpm range and I used to get a harsh ride in lower rpms of 1st where my car would jolt back and forth and with Shaun's tune this is gone. I was very happy with my results and Shaun was great to work with. He waited and kept the shop open an extra 2 hours since I had to go back and get my tuner. I would definitely recommend AED after the switch over. As for the power difference between the x pipe and long tubes, it is definitely a noticeable power difference and the feel of the low end torque is easily noticeable. I would say it is worth the money, us dat sound.. Ill upload a video as soon as I'm home of the dyno pull.

EDIT: [youtube_browser]jrYVbPyI5Eg[/youtube_browser]
skip to 0:41 for WOT

Last edited:

GT915

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers...they were higher than I would've expected. Hurry up with the video, I want to hear it on the dyno with o/r midpipe and muffler delete. BTW...I'd have been super pissed if I'd have had to drive 10 extra hours just cuz I left the damn programmer at the house.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Is the steering shaft still rubbing on the header? I disconnected my steering shaft completely and then used an air hammer gently to move the primary.

-Thomas

cuslo1

Established Member
Nice numbers congrats!!! So you think the LT were worth the the money spent for them including install? Been contemplating this mod as well.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
nvm, didn't read it all the first time. so 20whp gain from LT's over being catless already, good gains

Last edited:

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
OP do you happen to have a graph of your pull before the LT install? Want to see the rwtq difference on a graph for shits n giggles

Users who are viewing this thread