Drove to AED for Long tube install/dyno

Baysixx

Established Member
Nice numbers congrats!!! So you think the LT were worth the the money spent for them including install? Been contemplating this mod as well.

Personally, I do think it's worth it because I know I'm staying n/a and I wanted the most out of my car. The torque difference is incomparable to just cat deletes.

OP do you happen to have a graph of your pull before the LT install? Want to see the rwtq difference on a graph for shits n giggles

Shaun and I agreed to just delete the 4th gear pulls since they dont show exact results but the baseline was 330 and the pull after the install was 369.9
with a much smoother curve

Solid numbers! I guess the stepped headers do make a bit more power over regular long tubes. Was this on 91 octane?

Yes this is on 91 octane chevron gas. No 93 octane on most pumps in cali :(

GT915

Established Member
Sounded strong on the dyno. I had always thought the boss im caused torque loss down low and peak power to be very high. Your graph doesn't show that. Looks to me like torque remains pretty much constant for a good bit of your range and max power came at 6500 rpm. Can this be attributed to the stepped header design?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Sounded strong on the dyno. I had always thought the boss im caused torque loss down low and peak power to be very high. Your graph doesn't show that. Looks to me like torque remains pretty much constant for a good bit of your range and max power came at 6500 rpm. Can this be attributed to the stepped header design?

No its due to the tuner knowing what he is doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
That's awesome! I remember doing a set a JBA's, yes they were a b!tch, the end product is worth it all! AED is awesome, ill be back hopefully in about a month to finish fine tuning my car on E85.. Congrats

01bluesnake

Established Member
Nice numbers, but the fact that he has it set to read them in "standard" will always show higher. I've found SAE to be lower, but more of a true HP number. Regardless, a dyno is just for tuning, track and driving will tell the real gains. On SAE your car should be about 433whp.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Nice numbers,don't like the header interference with the steering. when I get headers I'm gonna get kooks new high output shortys, they're putting down great #s on supercharged cars as much as 30 rwhp. No fitment issues and they bolt right up to my cats which I'm am keeping!

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Hey OP, to fix the header hitting the steering shaft try this.

1. loosen up top motor mount nuts.
2. jack up engine my tranny about 1 inch.
3. have a friend push the engine towards the passenger side and lower the engine back down.
4. tighten back down the engine mount nuts.

that should help with clearance and should only take about 30 min max. My headers were doing the same thing and this fixed it. For some reason the motor was more towards the driver side when this happened. Take a look at your motor mounts and see it it's more to one side than the other :beer:

NOGI88

Established Member

3. have a friend push the engine towards the passenger side and lower the engine back down.

that should help with clearance and should only take about 30 min max. My headers were doing the same thing and this fixed it. For some reason the motor was more towards the driver side when this happened. Take a look at your motor mounts and see it it's more to one side than the other :beer:

I did the same thing, but mine still rub a hair if push it hard into a sharp corner. It's kind of annoying but it doesn't happen very often.

Baysixx

Established Member

I'll definitely have to try this when I have the time. Turning to left is fine but when I make a right turn and turn the wheel to the right past 2 o'clock it stiffens up pretty tight.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
dude those are amazing numbers!!! cant wait to switch over to AED

Unless you dyno on the AED dyno, you likely won't have numbers anywhere near that... but then again, numbers are lame. Dyno sheets don't win you races.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Unless you dyno on the AED dyno, you likely won't have numbers anywhere near that... but then again, numbers are lame. Dyno sheets don't win you races.

This topic has been beaten to death. Sae shauns dyno is on par with any other dynojet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread