Drivers Window

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
OK, pulled the door panel. Beat the crap out off the door holding the button. Loosened all the fasteners, no joys. It clicks, but will not move. Suggestions? Looks like a nightmare to change.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had to change mine not long after getting the car. I don't really it being horrible. I do think I removed one nut that didn't need to be removed and had to fight the spring a little because of that.

I do suggest trying to find a Ford part. Mine was a Dorman and included an extra pigtail to make it work.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Unbolt the motor, then pull up on the window. It needs to be in a certain location to have access the bolts. Be careful not the be too rough and break the 2 plastic tabs that are glued to the glass. The actuator assembly is a few screws (4) I think and it comes out as 1 piece. Been a long time since I’ve done this, but it’s not hard.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I would hold the window switch down and keep beating on the motor. It took me many attempts before it finally worked.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I would hold the window switch down and keep beating on the motor. It took me many attempts before it finally worked.
I smacked it at least 20 times with a hammer holding the button Todd. I always worked before.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
New motor time.

Pull the door speaker, 1/4” drive ratchet and I wanna say 3 bolts but it’s been quite a while. Don’t drop the window on your arm

01yellercobra

Established Member
The only problem with smacking it is eventually it'll stop again. At least that's what happened to me. Thankfully when it decided not to go up anymore the car was in the garage.

cj428mach

Established Member
Once I had the car cover on my car and while trying to be lazy I only partially removed the cover and tried to open the door on the car and the cover was catching the window but I pulled the door open enough to get into the car and do whatever I was trying to do.

After that my window motor wouldn't work, so I ordered a new one and went to replace it. After removing the bolts for the old motor it didn't want to come out because it was stuck in place. I tried the window switches and the motor popped and the window went down and began to function normally. I reinstalled the bolts in the original motor and reassembled the car. Its been working for several years now.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Once I had the car cover on my car and while trying to be lazy I only partially removed the cover and tried to open the door on the car and the cover was catching the window but I pulled the door open enough to get into the car and do whatever I was trying to do.

After that my window motor wouldn't work, so I ordered a new one and went to replace it. After removing the bolts for the old motor it didn't want to come out because it was stuck in place. I tried the window switches and the motor popped and the window went down and began to function normally. I reinstalled the bolts in the original motor and reassembled the car. Its been working for several years now.
I was smacking the bolts that hold the motor on Tuesday Mike, hit the button and it moved maybe 1/4" and stopped. I could get it to go again. New parts will be here today.

Users who are viewing this thread