Drivers side air bag unavailable

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I had my driver's air bag inflator replaced 08/16/2016 at Baxter Ford Omaha. I asked about passenger side replacement but the service advisor had no information.

We finally have a bunch of the driver's side inflators for 05-12 Mustangs. They think sometime 4th quarterish for the 13-14 fix. No news on the passenger side inflators.

Douglas White

Established Member
Rcvd the airbag recall notice in July 2015. Called Ford yesterday. They have absolutely no idea when they will ship any airbags to dealers. So I am surprised that they gave you a date of a few months. I also complained to the NHTSA which did zip. I have also heard of availability by the end of this year, but I am not holding my breath. Getting safe air bags is almost as impossible as trying to get Ford to stand behind their warranty for the thousands of Mustang owners whose hoods have paint that are bubbling and flaking because of contaminated aluminum.

I've received two letters, both stating 4th quarter availability. I'm not really impressed with Ford on the way they are handling this. Honda and other manufacturers are issuing loaners, Ford won't even do that when it comes time to do the repair. And I have a really BAD feeling that by the time 4th quarter rolls around, they'll need to replace the passenger side too. since more bags have been recalled.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
When I brought my 14 in a month or so ago for the AC Compressor they replaced the air bag. I asked them about it and mentioned I thought it wouldn't be available until the 4th quarter. The Service Manager said they had a few of them in and they were replacing them on customer cars as they came in for service. Right place right time. I am sure it helps that I bought the car there and they do all the maintenance. Plus the service manager is in love with what I have done to the car.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
When I brought my 14 in a month or so ago for the AC Compressor they replaced the air bag. I asked them about it and mentioned I thought it wouldn't be available until the 4th quarter. The Service Manager said they had a few of them in and they were replacing them on customer cars as they came in for service. Right place right time. I am sure it helps that I bought the car there and they do all the maintenance. Plus the service manager is in love with what I have done to the car.

Just curious, what is the part number on your repair order?

TrickLittlePony

Established Member
1 5R3Z*63043B13*C MODULE - AIR BAG
11145 REPLACE DRIVERS AIR BAG INFLATOR AS DIRECTED IN RECALL.
3DCO102D10310
On the invoice for my 2012 GT

Users who are viewing this thread