Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

Coiled03

Established Member
I want to hit the bottom of this and then dump a bunch into 401k. It'll go right back up and Trump will be reelected.

We're down like 10K from peak. As much as I want it to, that's not coming back before November. At this point, I'd be happy if we found the bottom. We're not even showing signs of leveling off, yet.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
We're down like 10K from peak. As much as I want it to, that's not coming back before November. At this point, I'd be happy if we found the bottom. We're not even showing signs of leveling off, yet.

yeah and the fed blew their whole load trying to keep this shit from hitting the fan even worse than it already has. Will be interesting to see what happens next with businesses shut down and everything.

basically I don’t see it upturning unless a cure comes or the amount of new cases subsides significantly and shit resumes to normal.

nxhappy

Established Member
cities are starting to shut down. SFO is on curfew and many states are going to follow. prepare for rough waters....I wouldn't be surprised if we see another 5,000-6000 shaved from the market. This is NOT the bottom IMO. The next 8-10 weeks will be BAD. All of my investments will be puts and shorts until I see any true direction.

Adower

Established Member
cities are starting to shut down. SFO is on curfew and many states are going to follow. prepare for rough waters....I wouldn't be surprised if we see another 5,000-6000 shaved from the market. This is NOT the bottom IMO. The next 8-10 weeks will be BAD. All of my investments will be puts and shorts until I see any true direction.
I think it’s worse than curfew. Those six or seven Bay Area cities can’t even go out! The worst is yet to come now that us cities are going on lock down.

nxhappy

Established Member
I think it’s worse than curfew. Those six or seven Bay Area cities can’t even go out! The worst is yet to come now that us cities are going on lock down.
very very soon we will ALL be locked down, and only able to get gas and food ...which is basically SFO right now

nxhappy

Established Member
I’m guessing next week most states will attempt the same rules as sfo
wouldn't surprise me one bit. Most schools are shut down. They started on the bars and restaurants. Vegas is shutting down. It's goddamn shit show.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
sadly I agree. and **** me in the ass, RIGHT as my house is up for sale.
Hopefully it sells fast before the housing market takes a dump. Its comming too. I dont see us comming back this year.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This panic is IMO, due to a media/social media induced crash.

Oh my god, not another flu like virus!!! Heavens, it may even get a few more people sick this time.... ****ing lame.

We will all look back on this and refer to it as the Great Stupidity. I hope you gents in a position to buy make a fortune off these morons when people collectively pull their heads out of their asses.

Yet one more reason to pull the plug on social media/liberal media too. Stupid shits making it out to be like the black ****ing plague. We didnt even give a flying rats ass about the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, and that virus WILL **** a country up. Not a damn word from Wall Street about it.

nxhappy

Established Member

Oh my god, not another flu like virus!!! Heavens, it may even get a few more people sick this time.... ****ing lame.

We will all look back on this and refer to it as the Great Stupidity. I hope you gents in a position to buy make a fortune off these morons when people collectively pull their heads out of their asses.

Yet one more reason to pull the plug on social media/liberal media too. Stupid shits making it out to be like the black ****ing plague. We didnt even give a flying rats ass about the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, and that virus WILL **** a country up. Not a damn word from Wall Street about it.
I completely agree with the media causing all the fear

I wish Trump would end all media for 2 months ...that might actually slow down the panic

Kevins89notch

Established Member

So these numbers are just made up then?

Italy on Sunday reported 368 new deaths from the coronavirus outbreak as the country's death toll hit 1,809 while the number of positive cases rose to 24,747 from 21,157 on Saturday, the country's civil protection authority said.

Established Member
When is the last time you posted chicago's death toll? Not a virus, just people killing people. People see what they want to see. Yes, this is a mean virus. No, its not even close to the end of the world. I have a bet for you. Spend 2 weeks on lockdown and see if the general population doesn't say screw this, I'm going out. All of the sudden these elected buffoons are dictators instead of leaders. A few days of listening to your wife and kids and you will have enough. Lots of people go to work because they want to. Italy and america aren't even close. If america is effectively in quarantine, we will have quarantined more people here than china did. Its like kansas City got the virus and we shut down New york.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
So these numbers are just made up then?

Italy on Sunday reported 368 new deaths from the coronavirus outbreak as the country's death toll hit 1,809 while the number of positive cases rose to 24,747 from 21,157 on Saturday, the country's civil protection authority said.

Why are deaths from coronavirus so high in Italy? | Live Science

They have an older population, the highest in Europe. 23% of average population of Italy also smokes. Coronavirus is hitting older folks and hitting life long smokers harder. Id wager the average older Italian smokes like a chimney. China has a 35% smoking rate in a country of over a billion people; its literally the highest in the world. I wonder why they are getting ass blasted... among other deficiencies, communist scum for government non-withstanding.

Just to clear it up, Im not at all saying diseases should be ignored. My point was a VASTLY deadlier disease was afoot in Ebola, and not a damn word of it in the media with no reaction by the markets or worldwide health organizations.The WORLD got beyond lucky it (ebola) mutated to an asymptomatic variant and burned out (so far).

My rant was focused on the hyper doomsday reaction thats propagated by the current national "news media" and the complete and total dumbshits on Facebook, Insta and twitter. COVID-019 isnt somthing that shouldnt be dealt with, but this "panic" is ****ing retarded.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
When is the last time you posted chicago's death toll? Not a virus, just people killing people.

Apples to Oranges. I was just up in Chicago 3-4 weeks ago., out late, taking the L, etc. Their deaths are shooting, mostly gang related, and most in specific areas. That's stupid simple to avoid.

This virus has nothing similar to that.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
My rant was focused on the hyper doomsday reaction thats propagated by the current national "news media" and the complete and total dumbshits on Facebook, Insta and twitter. COVID-019 isnt somthing that shouldnt be dealt with, but this "panic" is ****ing retarded.

Because there are ****tards on both sides.

No this isn't the end of the world. No this a government conspiracy to test their take over powers. It's in the middle. This is serious, and the government is trying to prevent it from getting worse. When people later claim everyone over reacted based on only XXX number of deaths....that's good. That means we were successful and it wasn't XXXX deaths.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Because there are ****tards on both sides. I literally, in the last 10 minutes, had a friend comment that "Because Italy is faking this."

No this isn't the end of the world. No this a government conspiracy to test their take over powers. It's in the middle. This is serious, and the government is trying to prevent it from getting worse. When people later claim everyone over reacted based on only XXX number of deaths....that's good. That means we were successful and it wasn't XXXX deaths.

Ill counter argue that in the midst of all these announcements of lockdown, kids either being sent home from school or having spring break extended, people being told to work from home; this could also be leading to a worse social situation. Add in social media and the 24 hour news cycle, its taking a situation thats not great but manageable and turning into a panic.

We in the US have a population of 327 Million people. according to the CDC we have anywhere from 14,000-61,000 deaths from the flu each year. The spread from the CDC data is ridiculous how wide it is, but taking the 61K deaths per YEAR, thats .000184% of the US population.

People die from disease. People also die from not having enough money, or being forced out of their dwellings because they cant afford rent. People are going to be seriously effected long after this burns through because the economy has been basically forced to shut down.

Stop the virus, start the riots could be an after effect of all this. I see your point in that our officials needed to try something. And Id say it might work if we all held hands and sang kumbaya before all this. Truth is though, we didnt. Save a couple thousand more lives of a still low death rate and potentially screw over your society? Doesnt seem worth it.

Time will tell who among us are right. I still think this panic in the market and society is ****ing retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread