Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol more stimulus packages to help keep the economy from imploding. Too bad they’re probably only delaying the inevitable.
I agree.

Wasn't the government talking about Quantitative Easing?? Isn't that like letting the government owned printing presses run rolls and rolls of 100 dollars off the feeder end of said press?? After the recession passes we'll be paying more for stuff than we are now like after the last recession of '08-'10.
Hopefully I'm all wrong with this, but the way the government is talking, it's scary.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Got my hours cut at work.
Damn bro that sucks. Good luck.

I'm sure we're all going to be feeling it sooner or later.
The workload at my workplace has gone down a bit. We usually take in somewhere between 1,000-1,300 orders a day. Now it's under 700 a day.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I got incredibly lucky with a right time right place situation. They just ended our second shift contract. Since I’m the only west coast guy I’m now shift lead and will have to train the new guys. Literally gave me the best job security on my team during this shit going on.

also Dow futures down 650 points. Should be a fun day tomorrow. They can’t artificially inflate the economy forever.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The ultra low interest rates and $1,000 to every American is a really bad economic signal and exposes a weakness that most Americans have. The lack of savings and a low or negative net worth. I am not sure how anyone can call themselves conservative and advocate for a UBI while also still offering welfare benefits.

In 2009, roughly 1 in 4 (24.8%) of American households had zero or negative net worth
The Great Recession exacerbated existing wealth disparities in U.S.

nxhappy

Established Member
I got incredibly lucky with a right time right place situation. They just ended our second shift contract. Since I’m the only west coast guy I’m now shift lead and will have to train the new guys. Literally gave me the best job security on my team during this shit going on.

also Dow futures down 650 points. Should be a fun day tomorrow. They can’t artificially inflate the economy forever.
im guessing -1500 / 2000 tomorrow . I know of many businesses closing down and people staying home. every time I think about those 100 people dead, I want them to burn in hell. for **** sake they were probably 70 years old !!!!!!!

nxhappy

Established Member
Damn bro that sucks. Good luck.

I'm sure we're all going to be feeling it sooner or later.
The workload at my workplace has gone down a bit. We usually take in somewhere between 1,000-1,300 orders a day. Now it's under 700 a day.
it's already showing....and in 4 more weeks the US will be ****ED

nxhappy

Established Member
The ultra low interest rates and $1,000 to every American is a really bad economic signal and exposes a weakness that most Americans have. The lack of savings and a low or negative net worth. I am not sure how anyone can call themselves conservative and advocate for a UBI while also still offering welfare benefits.

In 2009, roughly 1 in 4 (24.8%) of American households had zero or negative net worth
The Great Recession exacerbated existing wealth disparities in U.S.
problem is now most people got cut 20-30% from their retirement within 2 weeks. it will take years for the market to recover.

q6543

Established Member
... so... has anyone realized this is NOT a 2 week or 2 month ordeal.

18 - 24 months I'd plan for.
They are gonna treat it like 1918.. it's all they have to go by.
1st wave spring 2020... oh shit deadly
2nd wave fall/winter 2020 most deadly.
3rd wave spring 2021 less deadly than 2.. but still more than 1st wave.
4th fall winter/2021 we will have better suited immunity.

Summer 2022 we can begin our strange new normal.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
im guessing -1500 / 2000 tomorrow . I know of many businesses closing down and people staying home. every time I think about those 100 people dead, I want them to burn in hell. for **** sake they were probably 70 years old !!!!!!!

Holy **** Dude, is that how you really feel?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
... so... has anyone realized this is NOT a 2 week or 2 month ordeal.

18 - 24 months I'd plan for.
They are gonna treat it like 1918.. it's all they have to go by.
1st wave spring 2020... oh shit deadly
2nd wave fall/winter 2020 most deadly.
3rd wave spring 2021 less deadly than 2.. but still more than 1st wave.
4th fall winter/2021 we will have better suited immunity.

Summer 2022 we can begin our strange new normal.
How do we get immunity from something like this when people are told to stay indoors? Do you mean immunity from a shot?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

The Feds aren't doing this for what is going on now, they are looking at the tsunami rolling in.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

And suppose 1 of them was your mother/father/relative?

Dick

Users who are viewing this thread