door dinging neighbor, what do I do?

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm pretty much out of patience right now and getting really angry at my situation. I drive a 04 Cobra that was in pristine condition before I moved into this new complex.

At the end of october, I noticed a large ding above my rear wheel well when I went to my car after parking it in my assigned parking spot in the apt complex over the weekend. That pissed me off right then. Then, I looked around the rest of the car carefully (it had been dirty from the rain) and found a total of 7 dings/scratchs/paint transfers, and all from the same car!!! :cuss:

Now, the first thought through me is that this better be fixable by PDR or else I'll be really pissed. The spot next to mine is assigned as well so I know exactly who did it. At work I park next to a wall on my right, and I don't take my car out for anything else (got another car for that) so I know exactly who did it. Long story short, they flat out deny doing it. My insurance can't take care of it because my deductible is too high, and their insurance company says it wasn't their fault because there is no independent witness.

All the evidence is there, the missing paint from their door, the paint transfer onto my car, the shape and area of all the damage. But with their clients denying they did it, I lose!!! I want them to inspect our cars side by side so it's obvious that it happened, but their client refuses to do so and because of that, they don't have to. Those slimeball liars have had me in a bad mood for 2 months, and I don't know what to do about it. Thinking about people who care so little to hit another car 7 times, when it's so easy to figure out who it is, and yet still get away with it is just killing me. Constant communications with their insurance has netted nothing. Sending pictures of evidence seems to mean squat to them without a witness. I really never even disliked anybody before in my life, but I really hate those people. Scum who can't take responsibilities for their own mistakes, messing up my property, hiding behind their lies, and still parking right next to me every day!!!

What should I do? This just angers me so much that there are people like that in the world. This isn't some random parking lot ding, this is the same person messing up my car 7 times in the past 8 months of living here, and pretty much getting away with it because no one saw. This just isn't right, there has to be something I can do. And get this, they own a saturn ion sedan, the ones with those plastic doors that are ding proof. Ahhhh!!!

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
your best friend would be a video camara, leave it on the dash board or wait around for them to get home and park. if your window faces the lot that's even better, just put a camara on a tripod and let it tape it's little heart out. other then that i'd say trying to play the your word against there's is going to get you no where.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Its not dingproof against an 18lb sledge ;-)

Have they left paint before? If they ever do, have the police come out and look at it and file a report, and then send it to there insurance company.

I dont have an assigned parking at my complex, but I usually park with one side to the handicapped spot, and the other is usually my neighbor who has a nice jaguar, so I'm set...

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
The video cam idea works well. I had troubles and I caught the SOB across the street doing the damage. ****er ended up getting arrested. Needless to say he is now out of the neighborhood for good.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Mess up that bitches car lol, put some cat piss in the vent holes and when she turns that heater on...OH YEAH!! LOL JK, hope you get justice and make that bitch pay. Good luck.

s_x_i

Established Member
Park in a different spot and burn his car.

Someone did a parking lot hit and run on my DD, if it had been my Cobra, I'd have chased him down and kicked his ass...

Why can't these idiots be more careful?

BURN IT!!!

lightning_2000

Established Member
get some nails that they use in coolers set them under their tires.

or since its plastic that resists dinging it wont resist the hot flame from a torch

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Nasty Notch said:
Have they left paint before? If they ever do, have the police come out and look at it and file a report, and then send it to there insurance company.

+1

It's still hit and run..... Call the cops

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
File a hit and run or vandalism report with the police, and have them come out and look at it to compare paint transfer! I say vandalism, because after 7 incidents, it's not accidental, but intentional and malicous, and tell his insurance agant thats what your doing too if they don't rectify the situation!

OH, and if he has a hot wife or GF.......PIIHB!:pepper:

GA Terminator

Established Member
I agree, get another parking spot, go talk to the guy, calmly if possible, or if it becomes impossible to handle, move.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
thats really fkked up, I always park far away and when i have to park next to someone i look at the car I park next to and look at mine to make sure there isnt already a dent there. people just dont respect other peoples shit anymore so If they dont notice a ding on their car make them notice something, donkey kick their door and deny it just like they denied doing it to you. Also JB WELD and a penny to their door lock cylinder would make them notice they cant open their door or their trunk!

SpectorV

Established Member
there are far to many retards that can drive out there for me to feel safe parking my car in public or next to anyone. Thank goodness I have a garage where I live or I would probably just sell the car rather than watch it get screwed up from idiots parking next to me.

People act like its no big deal when they hit your car with their door... the other day i was at walmart and some idiot in a new vette was parked 3 deminsions of wrong. He was NOT in the lines, he was NOT far enough forward and he was NOT straight at all.... some old lady in a land bardge was trying to squeeze in the spot with like 4 kids in the back... I bet he got a couple dings out of that.

Users who are viewing this thread