Don't shoot me or murder me with a axe - My Coyote Swapped GT500

fangs99

Established Member
I can bang gears with the best, I'm 99% sure I can shift your car faster that you... I got nothing to prove there.... I swaped to a built auto because it's turbo'd and load is what spools a turbo and a auto will do just that, and a auto is more consistant at the track and I'm looking to go 8's on E-85 in the future

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
I can bang gears with the best, I'm 99% sure I can shift your car faster that you... I got nothing to prove there.... I swaped to a built auto because it's turbo'd and load is what spools a turbo and a auto will do just that, and a auto is more consistant at the track and I'm looking to go 8's on E-85 in the future

Oh I am sure anyways I will be in touch for some runs in the near future Scott.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Whew. Just came back to this thread. Guys trying to match their cars records in relation to dick-size at this point.

Fangs. No shit an Auto is more consistent. These days most shift within 200-250ms, that is damn near impossible for the BEST stick shifter to match, plus auto always knows the right down-shift and up shift. Good lord, as I've said numerous times prior, expect the next years GT-500 to come with an automatic as an option.

I grew up on automatics and I loved slapping it back and forth through gears on my SRT, paddles are very fun on the SS\CTS-V as well, but NOTHING is quite like a real manual. Auto is faster, no question, if anyone tries to argue that they are ignorant. I don't care how good you shift, an automatic will beat you, if you think otherwise, you are living in the past, having come from them, manual is just flat out a hell of a lot more fun until you hit traffic though, I miss eating a cheeseburger and sipping a soda w\ an auto.

Last edited:

fangs99

Established Member
Whew. Just came back to this thread. Guys trying to match their cars records in relation to dick-size at this point.

Fangs. No shit an Auto is more consistent. These days most shift within 200-250ms, that is damn near impossible for the BEST stick shifter to match, plus auto always knows the right down-shift and up shift. Good lord, as I've said numerous times prior, expect the next years GT-500 to come with an automatic as an option.

I grew up on automatics and I loved slapping it back and forth through gears on my SRT, paddles are very fun on the SS\CTS-V as well, but NOTHING is quite like a real manual. Auto is faster, no question, if anyone tries to argue that they are ignorant. I don't care how good you shift, an automatic will beat you, if you think otherwise, you are living in the past, having come from them, manual is just flat out a hell of a lot more fun until you hit traffic though, I miss eating a cheeseburger and sipping a soda w\ an auto.

my auto will be a full manual valve body so I still have to shift. And yes, nothing beats the feel of a manual trans, especially a cable clutch setup. I had a viper spec t-56 and RXT clutch before and loved it and had I went with a centri or twin screw I would have kept it. I like the added control of a manual and if you really know how to drive one, you can do some crazy things with one. But my car is now a street strip car and a turbo loves a trans brake.

I think if the GT500's got a 6r80 auto they would be street killers. I think the auto would use and put down the tq of the 5.4 a lot better.
and some tire, and adjust the rear suspension geometry some to hit the tire harder and it will cut some good 60fts.

NTXRockr

Established Member

Finally, a different poster who actually has something intelligent to say. Completely agree with you both, I enjoy a good stock shift is a blast but because I pulled my left Achilles' tendon a few years back, I don't drive them anymore as I'd rather not ruin clutches all the time. That and I drag race more than auto-x so it's easier to bracket race and dig with an auto, especially the 6r80.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Dig racing is only way to measure TRUE...CAR/DRIVER setup and talent...ill never understand the roll racing call outs. Maybe im too old school.

It became popular because of the import scene. Back in the day Hondas and Supras and other big turbocharged (laggy) cars ran horrible et's drag racing. I used to have one (Supra). On street tires I could run a 2.2 60' and mid-low 13 ET, but trap 122mph. I would lose to cars trapping 100-105mph with low 13s ETs, which was embarrassing. On "paper", I had the power to run mid 11s, but never got faster than mid 12s, on street tires. From a roll, you better have had an 11s car, or I'd win. My local nemisis was an AWD Talon that ran 12.90s but barely trapped 100mph. I could never beat him!!! So to overcome all this, they started the trend of roll racing. That and its easier on the drivetrain.

Plus anyone can drive from a roll, getting your car going from a dig takes way more skill and money. Way more credibility goes to drag racers in my book.

Last edited:

fangs99

Established Member
image.jpg
I can dig. 28x13.50 sticky micky's

1320 Junkie

Established Member
It became popular because of the import scene. Back in the day Hondas and Supras and other big turbocharged (laggy) cars ran horrible et's drag racing. I used to have one (Supra). On street tires I could run a 2.2 60' and mid-low 13 ET, but trap 122mph. I would lose to cars trapping 100-105mph with low 13s ETs, which was embarrassing. On "paper", I had the power to run mid 11s, but never got faster than mid 12s, on street tires. From a roll, you better have had an 11s car, or I'd win. My local nemisis was an AWD Talon that ran 12.90s but barely trapped 100mph. I could never beat him!!! So to overcome all this, they started the trend of roll racing. That and its easier on the drivetrain.

Plus anyone can drive from a roll, getting your car going from a dig takes way more skill and money. Way more credibility goes to drag racers in my book.

Im familiar with its origination I just dont get it when theres pride on the line and Cash...Dig is the only way to fly....shit even the Texas mile boys start from a stop. If your car is fast from a dig and MPH's then you know where u stand. If your going to request a roll race your lacking in one or multiple area's...period.

Im not taking sides just stating that if you want to be taken seriously get it in from a dig.

Continue. .......

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
That's the thing it's not serious for me so I could care less. They could have said dig only and I would of said ok. However they offered a roll so why turn it down.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I'll take a dig or a roll, the thing here is most do rolls because the track is two hours away and poorly prepped. Went to a few test n tunes and had a kid 3 inches away from my door coming sideways out of the hole, yeah it was real safe. Doesn't matter to me how you want to run it but dig races show the better driver, rolls show the faster car. Everyone keeps talking about how fast their "car" is soooooo? And yes we do it on desolate roads with no crowd or public just the two cars with the nuts to run before the old dad syndrome guys chime in.

fangs99

Established Member
Good pass, looks like it's got a little more left in it with that setup. I couldn't see your time slip real well on my phone. Whats your 60ft and mph?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread