Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I wont take away what it is good at but what I did not like about it is how nutless it is with no torque. Have to get quite high in the RPM range to really feel any power where Terminator's just punch you in the face from the get go. Its just a different type of car and my time with it is only my personal experience and what I like and don't like. My bronco is my everyday more modern tech heavy vehicle and I need something that's a departure from that and fun to drive, I find that the Terminator's fit that bill well while the GT350 is just too modern and refined for what I really like. Plus you see them all the time at car shows, its like...yawn oh another GT350 or GT500. Go to shows around here and if myself or my friend do not go you wont see any Terminators.

I've read this a lot, but I've never experienced a lack of torque. Getting to know the Voodoo torque band and gearing, all the fun is there while you actively select the appropriate gear. It's beautifully balanced right from the factory and a joy to drive hard or lazy.

Venom351R

Established Member
I've read this a lot, but I've never experienced a lack of torque. Getting to know the Voodoo torque band and gearing, all the fun is there while you actively select the appropriate gear. It's beautifully balanced right from the factory and a joy to drive hard or lazy.

Other than the handling I find it very boring to drive. I prefer not to find the right gear to find any power when the Cobra's just want to rip the pavement apart in 1-3ed

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
A simple blower would definitely complete the package.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
A simple blower would definitely complete the package.

If you don't mind upsetting the car's balance, sure. Maybe I've outgrown the me-smash-pedal-me-go-fast in a straight line mentality. and prefer the car to be an incredible dance partner that can do anything i ask of it while making glorious sounds.

LS WUT

Established Member
I’d say as stated above the cars are amazing looking. I’d say they’re amazing in many ways. I’ve never driven one, I can assure you I will. However my issue was after discussing with a few ford techs when I was gonna buy one that’s it’s “acceptable” to burn a quart of oil a month. I thought that was bonkers. I’ve also seen way too many claims of the OPG leaving the chat, and just having so many issues. I reckon they resolved the issue in 2020 perhaps? Not entirely sure in that regard because I stopped paying close attention to it.

Venom351R

Established Member
I’d say as stated above the cars are amazing looking. I’d say they’re amazing in many ways. I’ve never driven one, I can assure you I will. However my issue was after discussing with a few ford techs when I was gonna buy one that’s it’s “acceptable” to burn a quart of oil a month. I thought that was bonkers. I’ve also seen way too many claims of the OPG leaving the chat, and just having so many issues. I reckon they resolved the issue in 2020 perhaps? Not entirely sure in that regard because I stopped paying close attention to it.

Both versions of the voodoo's had their issues, Gen 1's liked to consume oil and Gen 2's had timing jumping issues. I was at ford with the Cobra a few years ago asking about the gen 2 voodoo's and tech's said we have had plenty of those come in with issues too. There are plenty of gen 1 and 2's that are out there with zero issues and probably never will have any but I'd be highly skeptical of buying one without a ford extended warranty to cover the engine.
Definitely the best handling and refined Mustang I've ever had just not that desirable for what I want. I'll always want something with power on tap without having to try and find it.

coremaster21

Established Member
I have owned mine since 2017 and was 22 at the time. Being young I always wanted to mod the hell out of it but luckily my Dad talked me out of most of it. A little older now and I think tasteful mods such as wheels, pulley, lowering springs, and exhaust is the sweet spot. Got a good dyno tune at 460 wheel and I am more than happy with it. The one questionable mod I did was side splitters which I am still 50/50 about. No plans for any further mods. The only car I would replace it with is a C6 ZR1, otherwise it will be my forever car. The crazy thing is that I have never had it in my possession, it's been at my parents house since I bought it. I baby the hell out of it, still has the stock clutch. Got it with 63k miles and 7 years later it's at 65k lol.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you unload one now, you're going to pay a premium to get back into one that's still in decent shape. I paid $20k for mine back in 2011 with 60,400 miles. Originally a TX car that found its second owner in northern IL. When I got her, she was an upper, intake, x-pipe, cat-back, 4.10s, tune car making 451/457. As she sits, I think I'm at 84,3xx miles plus a whole lotta mods further down the road. I feel she's in a happy spot where everything is working fine so I just leave it alone. Probably do a fuel system eventually for peace of mind, maybe E85 capability too. Don't drive it as much as I used to partially because I have other toys to play with now and because she's riding the hairy edge of being somewhat of an "event" to take out. She's all business and very engaging which I absolutely love about it, but I'm not always looking for quite so much of an experience. Must be getting older. lol

Replicating it nowadays would be a real challenge. I kicked around the idea of letting her go for a GT350, but I was met with surprising resistance from my chick. The last couple car shows I've taken it to, she's actually drawn a lot of attention from the younger crowd (15-early 20s). It's shocking to me that they even know what it is let alone come straight for me with their cameras ready when I back in. In a day and age where they've got McLarens, GT-Rs, trendy EV junk...etc, I can't believe they give a damn about a rickety old Mustang from 20 years ago. Almost brings a tear to my eye. haha Damn kids...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Glad this thread is here.

Been considering letting mine go.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'm much older than most you guys, so the fun has kind of worn off. I'm going to retire sometime this year too, and would like to replace the wives vehicle and maybe a newer zero turn. Plus, the traffic here has gotten just ridiculous that makes it not much fun to drive the car.
You knock that off right now. lol
Hahahahahaha

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm much older than most you guys, so the fun has kind of worn off. I'm going to retire sometime this year too, and would like to replace the wives vehicle and maybe a newer zero turn. Plus, the traffic here has gotten just ridiculous that makes it not much fun to drive the car.

Hahahahahaha

I’ve only started it once in about the last 9 months. Battery is dead again.

This is the driving season for us here and there it sits.

Maybe I’ll go grab a battery for it and go for a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Same here. You need a battery tender.
I’ve been hearing this talk for quite some years now. Short drive for me to come get it.

Where in the state are you? You all will know when I'm ready. I need to charge the AC and fix the drivers window. I wouldn't drive it far on 20 year old tires even though it's in the garage. I think there's like 9K on them.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Must be getting older. lol

The last couple car shows I've taken it to, she's actually drawn a lot of attention from the younger crowd (15-early 20s). It's shocking to me that they even know what it is let alone come straight for me with their cameras ready when I back in. In a day and age where they've got McLarens, GT-Rs, trendy EV junk...etc, I can't believe they give a damn about a rickety old Mustang from 20 years ago. Almost brings a tear to my eye. haha Damn kids...
I recently replaced the Stingers with the touring set up as I was kind of getting over how loud it was. Everyone started calling me old at that point. Occasionally I find myself missing the Stingers. Usually when I fire it up at a show or someone annoys me on the freeway. I don't drive it as much as I was, but I think that has more to do with where I work now. My commute is a lot longer and I'd have to top off on E85 to make it there and back comfortably.

I'm also surprised at how many of the younger generation know what it is when I pull in. I've heard more than once "holy s*** that's a Terminator!". I usually have a crowd waiting for me to pop the hood by the time I'm parked. One of the best was I was following my son at a meet and we passed by a row of GTR's. Everyone stopped looking at the GTR's and watched me roll by.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Stop whipping Haitians and go drive your sports car.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Same here. You need a battery tender.

Where in the state are you? You all will know when I'm ready. I need to charge the AC and fix the drivers window. I wouldn't drive it far on 20 year old tires even though it's in the garage. I think there's like 9K on them.

I can take care of the a/c, window, and tires. No need to worry with those.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I get the same reaction from the younger crowd as well. They like my car. I see basically no other Terminators around my area. I know they are out there but no one brings them out.

I want 750w but I need to wait. I would like to do head studs and a clutch before I do that.

The only reason I would sell it is due to necessity financially OR to replace it with a coupe with similar mods (blower, fuel system, etc). I don’t see that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread