Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

Venom351R

Established Member
Before I had my first one I was one of these people who said I'd never sell mine after I get one. Well I finally got one and 3 years later I sold it. That as this past March and fast forward to now and after getting a GT350 and getting a Foxbody for a bigger type of project I just was not really happy with either of them ( I sold the fox for other reasons too but I wont get into all of that here )
Looking back on it I really loved the Terminator I had before and learned a lot while having it and what I did right and what I did wrong and how I would do things if I ever did get another one. With all that said I decided that I really did want to get another one and not do the same mistakes as before and just be happy to have one and enjoy it. After talking with someone for quite awhile that had an 03 Oxford White I was really set on getting that one but his communication was awful and was taking weeks upon weeks to even get him to send me a bill of sale....which never happened. So I decided to move on to someone who was a more motovated seller. Took a flight from Maine down to Virginia to check it out as part of not making the same mistakes as before with buying one sight unseen. Looked it over well, asked a lot of questions, no wierd noises or suspecious things that seemed to be going on with it so by the end of the day it was a done deal and hopefully soon ( like this coming week ) it can be shipped and if things go well we actually get an early spring this year so I can start to enjoy it.
As far as whats done to it:

Kooks longtubes
upper / lower pulley
ported eaton
walbro pumps
weld in subframe connectors
Saleen wheels ( Not LMR's )
Springs ( which I'm changing as its too low )
Bassani exhaust
short throw
Aftermarket clutch but not sure which one ( owner before him had that done)
one of the cool JLT painted intakes
and a few other things or just things I forgot about

So in conclusion if you are thinking about selling your Terminator dont.....you will come back. Few pics to enjoy.
Sonic Blue Cobra.jpg
Sonic 3.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-20 105351.png
Sonic 2.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-20 125207.png

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
it's true. if there's been one consistent theme i've noticed over twenty years on this board it's that folks who sold theirs ended up regretting it, and then were trying to get back into another one.

not the fastest cars anymore, but they sure are fun as hell.

Venom351R

Established Member
it's true. if there's been one consistent theme i've noticed over twenty years on this board it's that folks who sold theirs ended up regretting it, and then were trying to get back into another one.

not the fastest cars anymore, but they sure are fun as hell.

So true, I didn't regret selling my last one it just wasen't the car I wanted it to be and made a lot of mistakes with it and just wanted to move off from it. Still loved the platform as a whole and if I could have that car back being a 700 HP VMP Gen3R beast or this one I'd take this one everytime

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I get this 100%, but in the Fox Body realm. I traded my Fox in Nov of 02. I just got another one in Dec of 23. Never getting rid of this Fox Body.

I have 2 Terminators. I may sell the vert one day, but my coupe isn't going anywhere.

I was driving my Fox Body for a couple days. I then drove my 03 coupe. Holy crap, there is such a vast contrast lol. But I still love my Fox Body even though the Terminator is a beast in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I get this 100%, but in the Fox Body realm. I traded my Fox in Nov of 02. I just got another one in Dec of 23. Never getting rid of this Fox Body.

I have 2 Terminators. I may sell the vert one day, but my coupe isn't going anywhere.

I was driving my Fox Body for a couple days. I then drove my 03 coupe. Holy crap, there is such a vast contrast lol. But I still love my Fox Body even though the Terminator is a beast in comparison.

I had a 2V swapped fox body (I did the swap…procharger, 450w) and my cobra for about 4 months before I sold the fox. I never drove the fox, never wanted to. The difference between them is night and day. I don’t miss my fox at all.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
This is good advice. I made this exact mistake 6 months ago for a Boss. I'm now fortunately and freshly back into a Terminator. The only problem now is... I'm paying much more for what I had before!

I am curious.. what do you consider your mistakes? Mine was a 2.3 whipple coupe with 615 wheel. Lots of fun. Now, I have an all stock low mileage convertible and I'm struggling with modding it- Maybe I will, but nothing crazy... exhaust, styling bar, maybe springs, 10.5 chromies.. thinking of keeping the engine untouched. Never had one that wasn't modded before. I am looking for an SOS A-pillar dual pod for a convertible if anyone has any leads!

LS WUT

Established Member

Hell yes! 2 Terminator club :)

3GROC

Established Member
I have a somewhat similar story.
20 years ago next month I bought my first Terminator. A new 2003 Silver Metallic Coupe. Much like you I regretfully had to sell it 3 short years later with maybe 30-35k miles on it.

Today...I am back.... finishing up buying a 2003 Silver Metallic Coupe with about 35k miles on it...like I never left!

Congrats and we should probably keep these for a while

HPLouis

Established Member
Let me tell you the story of my Mystichromes.....

I'm on my fourth one.

The first was a convertible and I bought it back in October 2015. It had 2765 miles and bone stock. I sold it after owning it for a little over 2yrs with around 4,900 miles. I just got bored with it.

I started missing it so I got a coupe from NJ around 3 months later with 14K miles. This had the typical pulley, tune, intake and exhaust combo. After having the second one for a little over 2 years again, I got an offer I couldn't refuse and sold it with around 16K miles.

A month later, I saw my third one in a Facebook group and it was immaculate. It had 9700 miles and also had a pulley, tune, intake and exhaust. After having this one just a year and a half, someone messaged me and gave me $20K more than what I paid for it so I sold it with around 10K miles.

After all that, I thought I was out of the Terminator game again but, a month later, my current one pops up on the classifieds right here for sale. With only 5,177 miles and a ton of mods like a full MM suspension, full FTBR IRS, ceramic coated long tubes and exhaust, TF forged 3 piece wheels, ported blower, roll bar, custom interior pieces like seats, etc., I had to have it. I plan on keeping this one even though I'm coming up on 2 years of ownership now.
IMG_5747.jpeg

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Let me tell you the story of my Mystichromes.....

I'm on my fourth one.

The first was a convertible and I bought it back in October 2015. It had 2765 miles and bone stock. I sold it after owning it for a little over 2yrs with around 4,900 miles. I just got bored with it.

I started missing so I got a coupe from NJ around 3 months later with 14K miles. This had the typical pulley, tune, intake and exhaust combo. After having the second one for a little over 2 years again, I got an offer I couldn't refuse and sold it with around 16K miles.

A month later, I saw my third one in a Facebook group and it was immaculate. It had 9700 miles and also had a pulley, tune, intake and exhaust. After having this one just a year and a half, someone messaged me and gave me $20K more than what I paid for it so I sold it with around 10K miles.

After all that, I thought I was out of the Terminator game again but, a month later, my current one pops up on the classifieds right here for sale. With only 5,177 miles and a ton of mods like a full MM suspension, full FTBR IRS, ceramic coated long tubes and exhaust, TF forged 3 piece wheels, ported blower, roll bar, custom interior pieces like seats, etc., I had to have it. I plan on keeping this one even though I'm coming up on 2 years of ownership now.
View attachment 1825725
Damn Henry. You're lucky. Most never get the chance to own just one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread