Does this Terminator look about right to you???

fuzzydice

White Hot Lightning
Established Member
I'm doing this for a friend, he has an 01 cobra and is looking for a nice terminator. We found this one but are questioning the milage and considering the mods done to it its probably been beaten on.
What do you think??
clean??
should he go for it??
of course he would check it out before he did anything

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Looks like a nice car to me. Don't forget that car is 6 years old, so 49k miles is around 8k miles a year. I'd assume everyone of these cars has been beaten on, just because it's modded doesn't mean its worse off than a stock car. I think those mods are a nice bonus for that price!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I wouldn't touch it. Those mods do not equate to "never beaten on" nor do front and rear rotors at 45K miles or so.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Take a good look, it could be a good deal. Milage is not super low, but is still reasonable. Take a look at the car, drive it and see what you think.

canada cobra

Established Member
looks fine, plus easy to ck out with the pro shops where the work has been done. all these cars tend to be driven hard, but this one is not been loaded up on the power side - mostly suspension & chassis.
if pro shop does 1ce over (compression) and it drives good - it looks clean

svtleen

Established Member
-Drive the car hard to feel/hear anything out of the ordinary. Shift hard and fast to see if there is the 'dreaded shift hesistation'.
-Check under the car make sure no leaks....should bring a good jack with you.
-Look into degauss bottle make sure there is no trace of oil or anything else beside good clean coolant.
Great looking Cobra though. GL with the buy.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
questioning the mileage? It's 6 years old!!!

Looks nice to me

yeah no real reason to question the mileage 49K on a 6 year old car is good low miles. And it does look like a good clean car. My problem with it is that anytime someone says "never beat on" when trying to sell a high performance car yet the rotors were swapped out at 45 or 46k miles There is something smelly in denmark. There are cars just as nice out there. my personal opinion is that I would wait for another car to come along.

twhitey

Established Member
It doesn't seem like a bad price have it checked out. I think everyone has a different idea what beat on means.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My rear rotors were replaced at 21k and I definitely dont beat my car

I am not going to argue the point. The op asked for opinions and I gave mine. as someone else said "beat on" may mean different things to different people. I drove my 95 for probably 75k miles before having to replace a rotor and that includes a couple of track days.

Personally I wouldn't buy the car. others would ... op won't get any grief from me either way.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I bought my car with the following modes. 2.8 reichard pulley, 90mm idler, afco dual pass heat echanger, accufab TB and plenum, CAI, magnaflow catted x pipe, magnaflow catback, frame connectors, lowering springs, diablo chip and tune, kenny brown IRS brace, BF diff girdle. had 42000 when I bought. I retune the car and now has 60,000 still running strong. Dont be afraid to buy it. If it looks well maintain I would get it. Its a mustang there going to drive it hard, and I am pretty sure you are too. looks good and I dont think it has too many miles for a 6 year old car. You can still hustle the guy. $$$ talks BS walks

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Looks to be in pretty good shape, just make sure you check it out thoroughly, and drive it first. I wouldn't let the miles scare you away, but there are definitely lower mile Terminators out there. Probably not for that price though.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
if you're serious about the car, get a leakdown/compression check.

Definitely do this.

Also, like another person said...the rotors already having been changed out is not a good sign. When I got my Cobra it had like 42k on it and it had worn rotors and....a cracked block. Can't wear rotors out that fast unless you are going hard on it.

Also, the SVT emblem in the grill looks like ass. :burn:

sik02gt

Established Member
check it out for yourself none of us can determine just by looking at those pictures if the car is any good or not, but it does seem pretty fair priced

Users who are viewing this thread