Does the type of vehicle you drive have an influence on your driving style?

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Today was a cold but beautiful clear sunny day on Long Island and I decided to take the Mustang out for a drive. Of course, the girlfriend was with me. Along the way, she said to me that she definitely realized I have several driving styles :??: Then she continued by explaining: "When you drive the beige Audi (1.8T) you are pretty mellow. Driving the grey Audi (3.0) you are little aggressive and like to take all corners at high speed. Now, when you drive this car (Mustang) you look like you're on a mission and sometimes driving it hard like a little maniac. However, when you drive my car (Toyota Solara) you are the perfect gentleman."
Of course, her favorite cars to be in are the Audi A4 3.0 and the Mustang. :rockon:
I thought it was so funny she took the time to analyze all that when, personally, I never noticed any difference until now. Do you guys feel your driving style is consistent or it varies with the car on hand?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I like to stick to the speed limit and just jam out (subs ftw)
People do tend to be dbs when driving the mustang from tail gailting to egging me on.
Just leave me the f alone.

oldmodman

Established Member
I drive like some 11th grade asshole pretty much all the time (and I'm 60)

But the car I beat on the most is my 2002 Toyota Corolla. It's the slowest, handles the poorest, and has the skinny tires that you can slide even on a road made of 20 grit sandpaper.

nickf2005

Established Member
In my F150 I just chug along down the road. Easy accel and decel. Wife's Edge is driven a bit more agressive, but not terrible.

The Shelby gets driven like the race car it is.

Posted via Topify on Android

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I get the exact opposite by people slowing way down and getting out of the passing lane and doing the speed limit with me in the Marauder.

The Boss it is like the ever stop stare until you turn the corner ort are out of sight mostly.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I drive differently but because the cars have different capabilities. I usually drive aggressively. I drive faster though I think in my focus on long straights than in my mustang because its quieter and more comfortable and I don't wanna get caught w/o smog equipment lol. Small chance someone would ask, but still a chance lol.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Makes a big difference. I definitely go easy on my high mileage Explorer...I honestly don't remember the last time I put the tach over 3000 RPM. The Mustangs always get driven a more aggressively.

Rct851

Established Member
When in the mustang everyone AROUND me drives differently. Obviously trying ass and out accelerating me from a light while I'm driving normal. If anything a little slow because it's so loud

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I drive like a pussy 90% of the time in the Mustang. She's my baby - I do it more to keep my awareness of other dumb shit drivers on the road. If I ever were to be involved in an accident in that car it will not have been my fault.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
other people influence my driving. if everyone is driving really slow i get annoyed and start driving like an Ahole. Now if people are doing 10 over in the fast lane i just stay in line and follow. the only reason my driving would be different b/w car and truck is b/c the go pedal kicks in a lot faster with 700hp

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
i've realized that i drive kinda slow in the Cobra. slower than when i'm in the jeep or truck. i think it's more because i'm trying really hard to look like i'm NOT racing.

little old ladies pull me from stop lights and i actually do the damn speed limit on the interstate.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yes.

I find that on faster cars I drove them far more docile. I rarely went WOT in the Cobra, but was throttle happy in my GT. With my dsm's, the faster I made them, the slower I drove them.

My fusion? I drive it like im in nascar, unless cruise control is on, its WOT or full brakes, especially in traffic. It handles pretty well for what it is, so I like to carry as much speed as possible through onramps and such and around bends.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I drive the same in all cars most of the time... But I always know my limits... If I'm on my bike n only have a couple seconds to hit a yellow light I'm going for it... If I'm in my wife's SUV I'm stopping. But overall aggressive driving on everything.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
When the family is with me in any vehicle I drive pretty conservatively.The screams of horror just aren't worth it. They are pretty immune to my left lane highway driving at speed, though.

If I am alone and have some open twisties to play with I tend to push any vehicle to see what I can safely get out of it. Be it coupe, sedan, SUV, van or light truck...it's fun to see how much turn-in and corner speed you can generate with some left foot braking.

Users who are viewing this thread