Does LEO need permission to shoot radar from private prop?

46-062

Established Member
And I'm not a cop. Around here, cops don't clean up the mess. EMS does. 4000 hours on duty eh? Then I guess I should bow down to you because you have seen everything right? I pulled that many hours in the first year and a half as a technician but what the hell would I know about it.

Whatever I've seen (including pulling two ambulances out of ditches) doesn't change the fact that radar traps and speed / red light cameras DO NOT SLOW TRAFFIC. It is truly idiotic to believe that a cop hiding behind an oak tree will slow anybody down.

Larry03GT

Established Member
Turn on the sprinkler?

Ask Jose' to pay special attention to that area with the blower?

Crawl across the lawn and attach 100 cans to his back bumper?

Sneak up behind his car and write hilarious slogans across the back?

Come on people. Lets show some originality here.:banana:

:lol:

Personally me I would jump in my car and ask the LEO what my top speed is on that particular road!! :beer:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Well that 100 bucks might come in handy for the illegal posted signs/putting the sign on someone elses property, city ordinance (s)?
I see signs all the time (garage sells) posted on state/us highways and or taping them to traffic control devices. Any unauthorized signs is illegal and subject to a 200.00 fine.
Darn now what. LOL
Hmmm who is suggesting taping them to posted state or federal signs? I think local ordinances would dictate what legal signs you can post on your property. Jumping out on the limb I bet I can post a sign in my yard if it does not violate ordinances and home owner restrictions (if applicable). You brought up signs btw, not me.
Sign? You are not an professional investigator are you? I was thinking giving the owner a megaphone and now that you mention it a hand sign in rocking chair would be cool! Waving a red hankie in both hands at and yelling at passing cars from his porch with be one heck of a sight.

Shit let us upgrade to a T-Shirt. "Slow the **** Down! Cop 1/2mile away!"

Last edited by a moderator:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Whatever I've seen (including pulling two ambulances out of ditches) doesn't change the fact that radar traps and speed / red light cameras DO NOT SLOW TRAFFIC. It is truly idiotic to believe that a cop hiding behind an oak tree will slow anybody down.

I'd like to hear the answer to Adam's question. What exactly is a police volunteer and how many hours of training is required?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'd like to hear the answer to Adam's question. What exactly is a police volunteer and how many hours of training is required?

It sounds like our community service aids who drive around in a car with yellow lights and drive through parking lots and stop at fender benders. A total of 20 hours training and they are not sworn, cant make arrests or carry firearms.

But an answer would be nice.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Shit let us upgrade to a T-Shirt. "Slow the **** Down! Cop 1/2mile away!"[/QUOTE]

Hum, now this all depends how the shirt will be worn. Who will be wearing it? :beer:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I can think of almost nothing that would make me feel better than having a sworn peace officer working within that proximity to my home.

Hell; I'd build a police officer sized rain awning onto the tree for bad weather.

-edit- might bore a hole through the tree for his radar gun.

Last edited:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
It sounds like our community service aids who drive around in a car with yellow lights and drive through parking lots and stop at fender benders. A total of 20 hours training and they are not sworn, cant make arrests or carry firearms.

Maybe he is referring to a reserve police officer position of some sort?

TVSCobra

Established Member
Better to get to know the Leo and offer cold drinks on hot days than kick him off the lawn. You've been given a chance to pick up a nice get out of jail free card if you make friends.

This.

I had a similiar situation back in high school. It was a really hot day and he was directing traffic due to an accident. He was sweating his ass off and I brought him a water, I knew the guy. He thanked me.

I few months later he pulled me over for speeding, no realizing it was me. I was doing 12 over and was 17 years old.

Once he got to my window he smiled and said have a nice day man.

Sucks though, he was killed in a car crash a few years ago. He was a really nice guy and a standup officer turned detective.

Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member
I like the fact that I live in a small town and we usually have an officer riding through our neigborhood. I have two little girls so it makes me feel better to have them around. Plus they are all pretty layed back officers in this town.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Turn on the sprinkler?

Ask Jose' to pay special attention to that area with the blower?

Crawl across the lawn and attach 100 cans to his back bumper?

Sneak up behind his car and write hilarious slogans across the back?

Come on people. Lets show some originality here.:banana:

Again, the old guys always have the best ideas.

blsticms1

Established Member
in ky u have a 6 ft right of way . unless there damageing something theres nothing u can do . ive had them park in my driveway at my old house and run it up and down the street .

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

Totally unrelated to this post, i decided a few SD threads ago that this guy was likely rejected by the Special Olympics for lack of intelligence.

I'm curious as to whether or not the officers tickets could be thrown out if in fact he is trespassing? Seems like a stupid defense but I've seen more ridiculous loopholes than that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
It's not illegal for an officer to go onto private property if he has a reason to go on there. Just for you people getting up in arms about "NOBODY IS STEPPING ON MY PROPERTY RAHRAHRAHRAHIHATECOPSRAHRAHRAH".

Yes, they are. Also if you don't have signs up that say no trespassing, anyone can come onto your property unless you tell them not to. And even if you do have signs up, if we get a call to your place, we're coming on your property until we finish the call.

Just to set a few things straight. Seems a lot of misguided people out there.

Users who are viewing this thread