Does ford need a new CEO?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The things you don't hear about in the news is the corporate culture. That's where the real story is.

Are investors privy to corporate culture? How would it effect stock prices? If Ford is financially sound, managing their money wisely, and increasing profits why would it matter?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
My last two aluminum hood Fords have had corrosion issues. The GT500 got a new hood under warranty, the Explorer was out of warranty so I was told to get bent. I feel bad for anyone that bought an all aluminum F150/250. If they can't even get a hood not to blister.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My last two aluminum hood Fords have had corrosion issues. The GT500 got a new hood under warranty, the Explorer was out of warranty so I was told to get bent. I feel bad for anyone that bought an all aluminum F150/250. If they can't even get a hood not to blister.
There are multiple brands with wide use of aluminum panels and I have not once seen corrosion on any of them. Can you elaborate?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There are multiple brands with wide use of aluminum panels and I have not once seen corrosion on any of them. Can you elaborate?

Some vehicles have prep issues which causes the paint to bubble up on the leading edges of the hoods.

It can be warrantied but only if the paint breaks through during the warranty period.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

https://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/20...inum-corrosion-in-fords-to-move-forward/?_r=0

The hood on my 2012 GT500 had blistering under the paint in the front where it rolls under. The 2013 Explorer Sport was blistering between where it had EXPLORER on the hood. Because the mileage was high, we were out of any warranty unless it actually rusted through. You really didn't know about this issue?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Are investors privy to corporate culture? How would it effect stock prices? If Ford is financially sound, managing their money wisely, and increasing profits why would it matter?

Anyone that really cares to put in the effort can get that information.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
https://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/20...inum-corrosion-in-fords-to-move-forward/?_r=0

The hood on my 2012 GT500 had blistering under the paint in the front where it rolls under. The 2013 Explorer Sport was blistering between where it had EXPLORER on the hood. Because the mileage was high, we were out of any warranty unless it actually rusted through. You really didn't know about this issue?
The only time I have seen that is cars coming from Hawaii. We get thousands of cars a year out of every state as well as Canada, but Hawaii is the only place where the cars have normal corrosion in the places you stated and pretty much everywhere else. I have seen the exact same thing on an Explorer but that was a Hawaii car as well.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The only time I have seen that is cars coming from Hawaii. We get thousands of cars a year out of every state as well as Canada, but Hawaii is the only place where the cars have normal corrosion in the places you stated and pretty much everywhere else. I have seen the exact same thing on an Explorer but that was a Hawaii car as well.

It's far too common. It hasn't stopped me from buying ford, as we bought two new fords last year. But it is a problem they need to address.

Klay

Established Member
Honestly, Ford not creating the performance type cars some of you may want doesn't effect their stock prices. Most people who own their stock probably don't even know all the models they make. Why would anyone buy automaker stock based mostly of their performance vehicles anyways? If that were the reason, then Toyota and Honda would have abysmal stock prices.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Honestly I get that you have to branch out and think or try new things. It's business. But what shocks me is no RWD four door sedan. Ford is missing out in this market imho. It's nice to see the Bronco come back I just hope it stays true to its heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
Eh...does it really matter? In 20 years we will all be getting chauffeured around in autonomous electric vehicles. There will be roads that are designated for "human driven cars" but the majority of roads will be for car-bots. Driving enthusiasts face a bleak future.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sad.
True.
:(

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I own 900 shares of Ford stock that I have basically made 2.5 times my investment. I should have sold at 17 but didn't. I may sell now and buy when it goes a bit lower and up the number of shares I get.

Ford has always been undervalued IMHO. the pundits haven't like it even when things were better. I think they just hate that ford did not need to take a bailout and they refuse to put that point in the credit column.

SirShaun

Established Member
Imagine, a dealer, focused on solely affordable performance, every car getting the same chromoly tubed chassis, choice of body and material, a choice of power plant and drivetrain. Sport Compact, Sport Coupe, Sport Car

It'd be something like going to the Dell site and configuring a new computer, but your getting a street legal race car.

A modular built performance car. Leave the heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheels, vibrator, comes with matching purse deals to the big 3.

We sale smiles per gallon. WHO IS WITH ME!?

BossMP

Established Member
20 years working at Ford dealerships and seeing quality control issues doesn't hold a candle to the quality control issues I have seen in the last 5 months working at a GM dealer. There is no comparison in my mind who has a better product and it's not GM. The big difference is Ford vs GM is Ford Credit. Ford Credit dictates stock values for Ford Motor Company as they hold a tremendous amount of debt due to the amount of paper they write as a captive finance company. The cast majority of their portfolio, as one would expect, is new car loans and leases followed by Certified Pre-Owned loans. These loans are low profit (in some cases no profit when 0% is available) but allows the manufacturer to move more iron. Gm has had no captive lender since GMAC went bankrupt 8 years ago. Gm Financial is a joke, Ally is not much better. Same with Chrysler.....no captive lender. Chrysler Capital is owned and operated under an agreement with Santander Consumer USA. So when loan defaults start to climb, or when market values on late models tank due to record new vehicle sales years flooding rhe market with late model, low mileage cars (like we have seen the last couple years) it make Ford's profits more vulnerable. Ford carries more debt than GM or Chrysler when Ford Credit comes into play and Wall Street penalizes them for it. They are very undervalued and not only will I hold my stock, I will probably buy more if they continue to go down.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
Imagine, a dealer, focused on solely affordable performance, every car getting the same chromoly tubed chassis, choice of body and material, a choice of power plant and drivetrain. Sport Compact, Sport Coupe, Sport Car

It'd be something like going to the Dell site and configuring a new computer, but your getting a street legal race car.

A modular built performance car. Leave the heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheels, vibrator, comes with matching purse deals to the big 3.

We sale smiles per gallon. WHO IS WITH ME!?

I agree, but sadly it's a very limited target customer base.

If I look back on forum posts I made 10 years ago (and shudder), I used to run my mouth about getting rid of V6 Mustangs. As I started to learn more about how business works, I realized the necessity of the non-GT cars to the lineup. Not everyone wants the fastest thing out there. Some people buy fast cars because of aesthetics and not performance.

There are some companies out there that build to-order street legal race cars, but they're $70k+.

What I would like to see, and what would have a major significant impact on the economy, would be a company that develops THE most cost-effective vehicle in existence. Simple, no-frills, nothing fancy. Absolute minimalist. Give it a retro vibe from the 40's instead of the horrible 80's. Nail down manufacturing, end 2 and 4 year cycles. The only option is paint color. $4000 gets you a brand new car that can run 300k miles. How many people in poverty get duped into taking out 7 year loans on $30k cars? End that crap. Stop putting people in debt because of technical garbage and inefficient manufacturing processes. I see more BS in vehicle design than I care to. They don't even give manufacturing enough time to BE efficient before they go and jack up all the designs. It's awful.

Edit: I just re-read my last paragraph- I'm wondering how long it takes for Godwin's Law to come into effect...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
sometimes I have regrets about not selling mine when it was around 17-18 but I have a decent number of shares so the dividends arent bad compared to a lot the return on a lot of other things so Ive kept it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I own 900 shares of Ford stock that I have basically made 2.5 times my investment. I should have sold at 17 but didn't. I may sell now and buy when it goes a bit lower and up the number of shares I get.

Ford has always been undervalued IMHO
. the pundits haven't like it even when things were better. I think they just hate that ford did not need to take a bailout and they refuse to put that point in the credit column.

65,000% agree.

20 years working at Ford dealerships and seeing quality control issues doesn't hold a candle to the quality control issues I have seen in the last 5 months working at a GM dealer. There is no comparison in my mind who has a better product and it's not GM. The big difference is Ford vs GM is Ford Credit. Ford Credit dictates stock values for Ford Motor Company as they hold a tremendous amount of debt due to the amount of paper they write as a captive finance company. The cast majority of their portfolio, as one would expect, is new car loans and leases followed by Certified Pre-Owned loans. These loans are low profit (in some cases no profit when 0% is available) but allows the manufacturer to move more iron. Gm has had no captive lender since GMAC went bankrupt 8 years ago. Gm Financial is a joke, Ally is not much better. Same with Chrysler.....no captive lender. Chrysler Capital is owned and operated under an agreement with Santander Consumer USA. So when loan defaults start to climb, or when market values on late models tank due to record new vehicle sales years flooding rhe market with late model, low mileage cars (like we have seen the last couple years) it make Ford's profits more vulnerable. Ford carries more debt than GM or Chrysler when Ford Credit comes into play and Wall Street penalizes them for it. They are very undervalued and not only will I hold my stock, I will probably buy more if they continue to go down.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

65,000% agree with this as well.

coposrv

Established Member
I would rather see a company improve their design and manufacturing efficiency for higher reliability and lower cost through less frequent iterations than watch them add all sorts of techno-bullshit to every vehicle.

I absolutely despise electronics in vehicles. EFI is where I draw the line. Anything beyond that belongs in the trash in my opinion. Cut that junk out, reduce the cost, improve reliability. All this extra garbage does is increase distracted driving and put the focus on everything EXCEPT driving. No wonder so much of the population has ADHD. Any consumer who bases their entire vehicle purchase off Bluetooth or social media connectivity is as bad a single issue voter and probably shouldn't be allowed to breed.

In the entire time I have owned cars, I have spent at least 10x more on electronic BS failing than any mechanical components.

tl;dr: **** Electronics

Well put, I feel exactly the same. Can't agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000gt4.6

Established Member
You've also got to think about how Ford is going about their new models powerplants.

'Top tier' mustang is NA and makes less than 500whp, while dodge had a 650whp hellcat and GM has the C7Z06s and ZL1s.

The Ford GT has an ecoboost in it.

I believe There are more ecoboost F150s than V8s.

Call it what you will. Imo Ford is straying from what has worked for so so long. I always go by the notion 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'

In addition, Ford QC is not what it has been. Look at all of the fitment issues on the S550s, including shelbys, and newer F150/F250s.

Regardless of personal opinions on the ecoboost, there are more EB F150s than V8 because that's what people are buying. The 5.0 is sitting there on the lot too...and not being purchased.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Regardless of personal opinions on the ecoboost, there are more EB F150s than V8 because that's what people are buying. The 5.0 is sitting there on the lot too...and not being purchased.

That tends to happen when one engine has a $100 million dollar marketing campaign that last over 7yrs while the other engine has virtually zero advertising and is basically detuned, underated and treated like a bastard red-headed step child.

They don't even bother putting v8 badges on the coyote f-150s. The fact that they still account for over 25% of f-150 sales with zero advertising speaks volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread