Does anyone race at Rt. 13 dragway in Delmar, DE

slow02GT

ICEMAN9648 said:
I like Cecil. The only thing I dont like is that on Friday nights you'll wait 2+ hours for another run. Then one of the rotarys blow up and the track gets shut down for 2 hours while they clean up after them.

Jason

sometimes the same can happen at rt. 13....someone has a spill it can hold up the racing for a little bit....then it really is bad if people start breaking stuff one after another :(

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: u nailed man about those damn rotaries hahahaha. i think ive only seen one make a whole pass. cecil county dragway is in cecil county MD. i don't remember the road names but its about two min. off of 95 south from the rising sun exit. make a left at the light then up the hill make another left at small road with a wooden sign that says cecil county dragway and its down that road on the left cant miss it.
-tim

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
03cobra 87GN said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: u nailed man about those damn rotaries hahahaha. i think ive only seen one make a whole pass. cecil county dragway is in cecil county MD. i don't remember the road names but its about two min. off of 95 south from the rising sun exit. make a left at the light then up the hill make another left at small road with a wooden sign that says cecil county dragway and its down that road on the left cant miss it.
-tim

Tim, were going to have to bring nodaksvt with us when we make a trip to Cecil. That way we'll have at least us 3 SVTs hanging out.

Jason

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
ICEMAN9648 said:
Tim, were going to have to bring nodaksvt with us when we make a trip to Cecil. That way we'll have at least us 3 SVTs hanging out.

Jason

Can I play too? I'm from York, I was planning on going to Cecil and now I'll prolly go to rt.13 too :D

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
can't wait till next weekend the tracks finaly open and their is a dyno day at JLP i'm going to with MACA on sat. so i'll be going to cecil fri and jlp sat. fun weekend just got to make it through another week :whine: wee should get a list 2 gether of who is going to come friday to cecil

as of now i plan on going to cecil next friday but their website says their open friday but friday is the 24 and it says 25th so i will call them but i think its a friday.
jason u going to cecil next week?
03svtf did u wanna go next 2 cecil next fri?
anybody else wanna go?
-Tim

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
ICEMAN9648 said:

Jason

yeah...ill go

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
03SVTF said:
Can I play too? I'm from York, I was planning on going to Cecil and now I'll prolly go to rt.13 too :D

Dude your more then welcome to join. Shoot me a PM and I'll get your contact info so we can all meet up.

Jason

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
I'd probably go Justin if the weather is good. The only problem I have is I'd get booted right away for not having a helmet.

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
99SERPENT said:
I'd probably go Justin if the weather is good. The only problem I have is I'd get booted right away for not having a helmet.

You dont know anyone with a spare helmet that you can borrow. If not I'm sure we'll be able to come up with one on race day.

Jason

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
99SERPENT if you wanna come next friday i was not planning on racing just watching so if u wanna run u can use my helmet if it fits u i got a big head. also i think u might be able to rent them from the track but like i said your more than welcome to use mine i you wanna get some runs in.
-Tim

whoops i forgot this thread was about us 13 and not cecil damn :mj: i'm closer 2 cecil alot closer. i was planning on going to cecil next friday but sometime this year i wanna go down to us13 i never been to that track

Last edited:

slow02GT

I dont have a helmet myself but I have never had a problem borrowing one from someone around there...I know at 13 when you are the tech line they will ask you usually last what time is the car running...I always just tell them 14s...but then again with my driving I hover around 14.10 :(

slow02GT

For you DE guys...how exactly do you get to cecil? is it a pretty straightforward ride to get there? Id like to head up there sometime I hear good things about that place.

slow02GT

Derek2001 said:
I'll probably be there. Me and a Red C6

I think ive seen that C6 around....sharp looking car.
has the car been timed yet? I hear they run low 12's easy and the Z06...well we all know thats an 11.50 car stock :pepper:

Last edited by a moderator:

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
ICEMAN9648 said:
You dont know anyone with a spare helmet that you can borrow. If not I'm sure we'll be able to come up with one on race day.

Jason

I'll ask a buddy if I can borrow his. Then again maybe I shouldn't worry so much about the helmet. I first have to be able to break the 13.99 barrier. :p

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
99SERPENT said:
I'll ask a buddy if I can borrow his. Then again maybe I shouldn't worry so much about the helmet. I first have to be able to break the 13.99 barrier. :p

Dude, in an 03/04 Corba you shouldn't have any problems what so ever. You'll probably even break 12s.

slow02GT

ICEMAN9648 said:
Dude, in an 03/04 Corba you shouldn't have any problems what so ever. You'll probably even break 12s.

Not saying it about serpent because ive never seen him race and im sure he can break low 12s with ease but a lot of people who dont know shit about their cobras have been known to run 13-15 second times at delmar...One time I went this guy was complaining about it was hard to shift his 04 cobra...I asked him if he had an aftermarket shifter and he was like yea the car is a 6-speed :D

slow02GT

99SERPENT said:

well only one way to find out....you can at least make 1 pass under a 13.99 before they get wise and make you wear a helmet :-D

Users who are viewing this thread