Does anyone race at Rt. 13 dragway in Delmar, DE

slow02GT

just wondering if anyone else on here does....I know they will be opening up the 26th of this month and im def going to be there the first day and try and take advantage of the cold air....anyone else frequent this track?
I know its a lot of stangs that usually show up but I dont know anyone there besides a few buddies that ride along with me sometimes.

slow02GT

Yea its right on Rt. 13 right before you get to salisbury on the right side...its a sign right on the highway that says "rt. 13 dragway" out front by the road.....it opens the 26th of this month if the weather will cooperate and gates open at 10....might be a good idea to get there by 9:15 for a good spot in line....I will def be there.
If anyone wants to BS I will be there in a MG GT....pics in my sig

slow02GT

ICEMAN9648 said:
How much does this place charge to run??

I think it was like $12 for admission and $15 for admission / run last year.....pretty reasonable price I think...id spend more somewhere else on a sunday if I went out.

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
JH02GT said:
I think it was like $12 for admission and $15 for admission / run last year.....pretty reasonable price I think...id spend more somewhere else on a sunday if I went out.

Well if the weather is good.....you can count me in. nodaksvt, We can meet up and the go if you want, I've never been there but it can't be that hard to find.

Jason

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
ICEMAN9648 said:
Well if the weather is good.....you can count me in. nodaksvt, We can meet up and the go if you want, I've never been there but it can't be that hard to find.

Jason

yeah, im down with that. i'd like to see how the new motor will do.

Last edited:

slow02GT

ICEMAN9648 said:

Jason

Yea hopefully its going to be decent....the gates open at 11am...I would want to be there by at least 10:30 though to get a decent spot in line and not have to wait forever in tech.
They race from 12-5 on the first few days open according to their website....so hopefully 2-3 runs will be in order...if the track is hooking it should be nice with the cold air.
Its not that hard to find.....sign is right out front on the highway...and its right before salisbury almost so if you get to salisbury you passed it :-D

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
ICEMAN9648 said:
Did you get a built motor or a replacment L motor from ford?

its a replacement. i didnt have time to get a built motor cause i was on leave eating away my days. im really hoping for good results from it.

slow02GT

So is anyone definetely going? all the mustangs and lightnings usually park close to the bleachers almost to the tower

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
JH02GT said:
So is anyone definetely going? all the mustangs and lightnings usually park close to the bleachers almost to the tower

Weather permitting, I'll be there. I'm actually planning on making it a HUGE Lightning weekend myself. Friday night I'm going to attend and probably race at Cecil's opening race. Then on Saturday, Johnny Lightning Performance is having a Dyno day that is completely free. Then finally Sunday at DelMar. Its going to be quite the weekend.

Jason

slow02GT

ICEMAN9648 said:
Weather permitting, I'll be there. I'm actually planning on making it a HUGE Lightning weekend myself. Friday night I'm going to attend and probably race at Cecil's opening race. Then on Saturday, Johnny Lightning Performance is having a Dyno day that is completely free. Then finally Sunday at DelMar. Its going to be quite the weekend.

Jason

Damn must be nice....I can barely get away from work on sunday to make it out to the track....this area really needs a big ford club around here with all the stangs and lightnings running about.

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
JH02GT said:
Damn must be nice....I can barely get away from work on sunday to make it out to the track....this area really needs a big ford club around here with all the stangs and lightnings running about.

Well the track at Cecil opens at 5PM on Friday you may be able to make that.....

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
cecil opens on the 25th and last year it was 10 to wathc and 12 to race on fridays and wed. but ive never been to us13 one i'd be willing to go down to it one friday.

slow02GT

03cobra 87GN said:
cecil opens on the 25th and last year it was 10 to wathc and 12 to race on fridays and wed. but ive never been to us13 one i'd be willing to go down to it one friday.

I have heard Cecil is pretty damn nice as well as MIR.... US 13 isnt a bad track and is pretty fun to attend....its so close to me is the real selling point though :-D
Hope to see some more stangs there :rockon:
so many bowties are there we need more stangs

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
I like Cecil. The only thing I dont like is that on Friday nights you'll wait 2+ hours for another run. Then one of the rotarys blow up and the track gets shut down for 2 hours while they clean up after them.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread