does anyone hate the stock pedals when your feet are wet?

svtguy22

Established Member
no matter what shoes I wear, if they get wet from washing the car, rain or whatever, when i go to drive away my foot ALWAYS slips off the clutch. ugh

anyone else have experiences like this?

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Yeah, I have the distinction of jumping into my husbands old gt while it was raining (in flip flops) to move it and he had billet pedal covers and my foot slipped right off and took a real nice chunk out of the side of my foot and hurt like crazy.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I hate it... My buddy has a new Si with the same pedals and he doesn't have the problem and he swears it's because my pedals are work down...
I think it's because his clutch feels like a feather

antiv6

Established Member
ya there the reason my floormat looks like crap, everytime my feet are wet i keep trying to rub them out on the carpet

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Never really had a problem because I tend to push with my leg instead of pivoting my heel...especially if my feet are wet.

This also aids in preventing excess floormat wear from heel digging too.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
I just dont like our pedals at all. I would of much prefered a flat rubber pedal with small metal spikes for grip.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
How about when you drain the HE reservoir at the track to put ice in it and then step in the puddle as your getting in the car to head to the staging lanes. :bash:

rockX219

Established Member
It bothers me a lot when I first got mine. But that's when I started just kicking off my shoes and just driving with my socks or bare feet. Been driving that way ever since.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yeah really sucks. I just washed my car yesterday and went out on the highway for a quick run. Run it up WOT in 4th and right as I as shifting into 5th the clutch pedal just popped out from under my foot. Scared me a little but luckily 5th gear has just engaged and no gear grating.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Funny that you bring this up. I suffered the same thing and just lived with it as being normal. I think, too, it depends on the type of sole you have on your shoe. Driving shoes that are designed specifically for driving might help. I've never tried them myself, though.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
I once jammed my foot up underneath the dash when my foot slipped off when I was wearing flip flops. Let's just say it didn't feel very good. I think the pedals look great, but they're not very functional.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I'm with everyone else pretty much. Had the same problem with my old 04; they are definitely slick when wet. I tried the no shoe thing, but I just didn't like it. I went with some other pedals over the Bullitt/Mach/03-04 Cobra ones in my '94 and they aren't as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread