does a diff. mid pipe really help performance or is just for sound?

Stingers mid pipe

• O/R X

Votes: 74 33.5%
  • catted X

Votes: 85 38.5%
  • leave it alone! stock H

Votes: 62 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMER23

Established Member
Flows with a catted MRT would sound great...the thing that I loved about my MRT pipe is that it kept the same sound that the steeda catback had except it just amplified it, and I am a big fan of how flows sound since i had em on my 99 cobra and if it does the same thing to your flows that it did with my steeda you can expect a very nice tone and great deep rumble from the combo....its expensive but who cares these are fairly high dollar cars, do it, you will absolutely love it

Ashton

1B@D$NAKE

BAR-NONE
Established Member
redfire03 svt said:
Damn, nice gain. Did this gain include a tune, or is this just a mid-pipe gain!

Its got to be a slight tune. My car on the other hand made 400rwhp and 365rwt with a cat back (magnaflow) and a x-pipe no cats also (magnaflow) on a hot day! Also had a 12" filter only!

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I switched my O/R Bassani X to a catted Bassani X and saw INSTANT power gains and a much smoother transition. That's all you need to know!

She got quieter but I got rid of that insanely low drone from the SLP1 and its still pretty damn loud.

'NATOR

Hasta la vista, baby.
Established Member
Went from stock H to MAC O/R H back to stock with no regrets. It's mostly in catback selection, IMHO. :burnout:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread