does a diff. mid pipe really help performance or is just for sound?

Stingers mid pipe

• O/R X

Votes: 74 33.5%
  • catted X

Votes: 85 38.5%
  • leave it alone! stock H

Votes: 62 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PDubs

Established Member
I don't know how you guys have an o/r x and stingers. My catted x and stingers is enough for me, and I like loud exhausts!

off road = catless
catted = two catalytic converters on the pipe.

rmgtc01

Established Member
At steeda tech day I dynoed with another cobra. He had a Bassani hi-flo catted x, catback and a K&N FIPK. I have the K&N FIPK, and a flowmaster catback; stock mid pipe. I dynoed at 400 rwhp, and he dynoed at 420rwhp. So the brand and the midpipe did give him more.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
catted X pipe here, look for yourself what I gained.

P6200742.jpg

Big_Torch

Banned
I am pretty sure my no-gain loss in power was from the 1/2 pound of boost I lost. Oh well, no tune can up boost, lol. Now just have to get solid then the whipple.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
redfire03 svt said:
Damn, nice gain. Did this gain include a tune, or is this just a mid-pipe gain!

Stock tune, only difference was different days, same dyno.

I do feel that I was a bit below normal with my cai & catback alone & the catted X pipe added to them rounded it up to where it belongs with the stock tune.

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i just installed my bassani x and i can honestly say i feel a slight gain

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Hey Wings...

How did the Bassani catted X pipe change the sound of the Stingers? I want to install the same Bassani on my '03 Cobra. I have the Stingers now and can't seem to find a sound clip of the Stingers with Bassani's catted X pipe. How did the sound change? Thanks. :coolman:

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Just added a bassani o/r x-pipe to my bassani catback today and..............Dayumm!!!. This thing sounds good but its loud as hell(i kinda like it loud) but in town its really loud even when im soft on the pedal. I may gain a couple mpg running a higher gear to keep the decibals down.

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
Does anyone know if the MRT catted H sounds any different then the stock H?? I was thinking about getting one. I think I'm one of the very few that likes the H sound better than that of the X

rmgtc01

Established Member
MyLil'Pony said:
Does anyone know if the MRT catted H sounds any different then the stock H?? I was thinking about getting one. I think I'm one of the very few that likes the H sound better than that of the X

Not true, the H seems to sound better with flows. the MRT is mad expensive though, I want one but later down the road.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
MyLil'Pony said:
it sounds very different! Much deeper and Louder :)

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
Thanks for the opinions/info guys. I have Magnaflow exhaust, and although it sounds great at WOT, it's actually a bit on the quiet side at idle and normal crusing speeds for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be heard two blocks away or rattle little old ladies dentures (and at 36 certainly don't need the hastle from the police lol), but I would like somthing a bit more muscular sounding during normal driving. My maggies are almost brand new and for the most part I am VERY happy with them and don't wish to trade them in just yet. The MRT catted H sounds like it might just fit the bill : )

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
I have Stingers with an uncatted Mac H and its really loud! Too much for my taste... Would Stingers and Bassani catted X make my exhust not sooo loud??? :shrug:

By the way I lost 6 ponies by switching from an o/r x to an o/r H.

Fatal Strike

660rwhp... ACEKIKR
Established Member
I had my car dynoed and tuned after I had installed ALL my parts so I really can't tell what gave me what HP... I do prefer the sound of O/R X-pipes though, but I wanna replace my Bassani mufflers with Flows....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread