Dodge unveils 2 new models for Charger and Challenger

MisterChrome

Established Member
^ Not to mention the lack of performance when compared to the Mustang and Camaro...Dodge has a great car to start with...not so much the 4 door Charger though.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Get next to a 392 on the street that has been cold air-ed and tuned and you will change your mind. Ask me how I know....

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Because one put the hurt on my Firebird up until middle of third gear and shocked me. We pulled over and talked and it was an 11 with somebody's tune and a BIG cold air tube on it with Corsa exhaust I think....It M O V E D alot better than most new SS Camaros or 5.0's have recently on the street anyway. Obviously, peoples results may differ...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Get next to a 392 on the street that has been cold air-ed and tuned and you will change your mind. Ask me how I know....

Only the 11's can be tuned at present, and even then you have to retro-grade to the 2010 ECU. Arrington Performance is the only company out there with the capability to make that swap as far as I know.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
More graphics/appearance mods than anything, although they're both nice looking cars. I'd be more enthused if the new models had an additional 50hp while losing some weight. I had to chuckle at this new feature with the Super Bee Charger. "Newly modified software includes the appearance of the Super Bee logo in the center instrument panel’s Electronic Vehicle Information Center at vehicle start up."

VegasMichael

Established Member
The 392 Challenger seems destined to be no more than a good-looking street car with some pep. That's enough for some people, I suppose. Don't know how well they are selling though. I would consider buying one but it's by no means on top of my list.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
The 392 Challenger seems destined to be no more than a good-looking street car with some pep. That's enough for some people, I suppose. Don't know how well they are selling though. I would consider buying one but it's by no means on top of my list.

That's pretty much what the reviews of the Challenger have been since day one - nice car to take a long cruise or a road trip in. For some, that's exactly what they're looking for.

MisterChrome

Established Member
^true...the car has a lot of appeal. I love performance, and most of us on this forum do too, but not everyone cares too much for it, or at least for that much. The power in them can still make an average joe smile

Users who are viewing this thread