Dodge to cancel Charger and Challenger next year

cobracide

Established Member
Last year for Emissions testing for my 2003 Cobra. Nice to be free of that BS. Soon the ICE performance cars will be all used. Like 1974 all over again. Not surprising at all considering the regulations that have amd are rolling in.

FROM THE ARTICLE -
"For several years, Kuniskis has warned that the end was coming for the gas-powered muscle cars due to emissions regulations. Dodge parent company Stellantis, formerly Fiat Chrysler, ranks the worst among major manufacturers for U.S. corporate average fuel economy and carbon emissions.

As many brands switched to smaller and more fuel-efficient engines, Dodge rolled out Hellcat models and other high-performance vehicles. Such models helped generate attention for the brand but didn’t help the automaker’s carbon footprint, forcing it to buy carbon credits from automakers such as Tesla."

cobracide

Established Member
I did. But you'd think they would still sell the 6 cyl, or maybe make a hybrid or some shit. Even the 6 cyl are all over the place.
The "offset" from the small car sales apparently were not nearly enough. Just follow the Tesla credit sales.

FCA (stellantis) spent about $2.4 billion to buy Tesla’s environmental credits from 2019 up to 2021.

High performance ICE is not economically feasible anymore. At least for Stellantis with no Evs in the lineup to offset.

Last edited:

Dave.O

Established Member
Last year for Emissions testing for my 2003 Cobra. Nice to be free of that BS. Soon the ICE performance cars will be all used. Like 1974 all over again. Not surprising at all considering the regulations that have amd are rolling in.

FROM THE ARTICLE -
"For several years, Kuniskis has warned that the end was coming for the gas-powered muscle cars due to emissions regulations. Dodge parent company Stellantis, formerly Fiat Chrysler, ranks the worst among major manufacturers for U.S. corporate average fuel economy and carbon emissions.

As many brands switched to smaller and more fuel-efficient engines, Dodge rolled out Hellcat models and other high-performance vehicles. Such models helped generate attention for the brand but didn’t help the automaker’s carbon footprint, forcing it to buy carbon credits from automakers such as Tesla."

Interesting, 20 yrs to exempt where you are?
I believe my state is 25 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Its Over GIF

Users who are viewing this thread