Dodge to cancel Charger and Challenger next year

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, they're shutting down their factory in December, 2023. They've stated that they are heavily investing in electrification that is "different", whatever that means. ICE is melting and electrification is going to be hot in their thinking. An electric "muscle car" is supposed to be revealed in a couple of months that will be available in a year or so.

Interestingly, they're going all out to produce "as many as it can before then and a few will be sold with … some assembly required. The automaker is looking to get the most out of the factory while it still has it, so it has decided to sell Challenger bodies a-la-carte for drag racing car builders. The body-in-whites will be literally that. Complete shells finished in a white e-coat of paint, although other colors are optional."

The video in the above link is worth listening to. Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis speaks quite a bit on Dodge's electrification future. IMO he answers a lot of questions muscle car fans have, but we'll have to see if what he predicts from the future muscle car market will come to pass. I have a feeling it will, much to our current dismay.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
While extremely depressing, its been a good run. One thing i can say for sure is i will never be a buyer for “performance” or fake “muscle” car ev’s. I have had plenty of experience with the top ev’s and frankly they can shove them up their ass.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

noco5.0

Established Member
I've owned three Hellcats and a Scat Pack. Don't like the direction Stellantis is going but the current platform needed to change. They made a lot of these cars so there will be a good supply for years to come. I recently got rid of one, loved the car but absolutely hated dealing with Dodge dealers and the whole UConnect system on mine was starting to get wonky. Will be curious how the electronics hold up long term.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, the longevity (and availability) of the electronics is somewhat an unknown at this point. As is battery life and cost of battery replacement.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
the ONLY good news out of Dodge yesterday was that they are bringing back the Dodge Durango Hellcat back for one year.

I've seen my very first one in the wild on Saturday in my town. Wow, what a beastly looking machine. Such a shame that the climate nazis are taking over. Another aspect of pure Americana is going to go bye bye because the commie/liberal ****s don't care about cars.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the Durango is getting the stockpile of engines that can't go in the cars.

The convertible Challenger looks cool. Can be dealer ordered but all come off the line in Ontario as Hardtops. A place in Florida does the $26k! modification, ontop the "donor car."
I assume adding a pair of overpass girders to the subframe is not cheap.
Rule of thumb for me is if it was designed without a roof, then they get Coleman to make a tent to cover it, it's typically a better car driving with the top down. Compare a Mustang to a Miata or Z. Especially when it comes to cavitation, and rigidity.
dcha1.JPG
dcha2.JPG
dcha3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread