Dodge Nutswingers your Hero wrecked his Demon AT the dragstrip!

Jefe

Established Member
Was talking to a coworker that does road courses, he said a Hellcat wrecked this weekend at a the road course in Bowling Green. First lap, first time out, still had the instructor in the car.
Thats sucks, I beat the piss out of mine at Inde Motorsports and had a blast. Sure its heavy and can't turn as well as other cars. But I pulled 1.28Gs, blew the doors off every car on the straight and boiled power steering fluid all 3 sessions. Got 23mpg on the way home too. Dodge actually tested the Hellcat at this track in 2014

inde-track-map-names.jpg

Last edited:

C0bra99

Established Member
Thats sucks, I beat the piss out of mine at Inde Motorsports and had a blast. Sure its heavy and can't turn as well as other cars. But I pulled 1.28Gs, blew the doors off every car on the straight and boiled power steering fluid all 3 sessions. Got 23mpg on the way home too. Dodge actually tested the Hellcat at this track in 2014

View attachment 1504628
I could test my 2010 focus @ the track. Doesn't mean it'll do any good. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This sport/hobby can be a cruel mistress that will teach you humility. IHMO this guy didn't have any obligation to make an incident follow-up video and probably shouldn't have.

EDIT: Track insurance isn't worth it till you need it :D I bet he wishes he had it, it's probably pretty steep for hellcat/demon, but given the frequency some of these guys are at the track with these cars, it's worth it.
I sure wish I had known about it when I was running in San Diego. Racing can be incredibly brutal. The night I was hit by the GTR, my dad was there watching for the first time...

As someone who has been in the Demon owners shoes, I completely empathize. Im EXTREMELY lucky that I have a Mustang, as I found a takeoff Shelby hood my color and several other items for a fraction of what new one's would have cost. Also, I got the rest of my body parts new at my price. My repair bill was still $5000+, and that was with me doing everything but replacing the radiator core support, frame check and adjustment, paint if the left fender and front bumper cover and panel installation.

Had it not been for that accident, my car probably would have had a built longblock, at the very least a complete fuel system and Whipple of some kind by now.

Live and learn, but that's life. Roll with the punches or just go lie in a grave and wait to die.

Coiled03

Established Member

View attachment 1504628

Wow....turn 3 looks fun.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
More about the video posted, the guy needs a larger return spring on his throttle, his foot is all on or all off. I’m aware that’s all you need but when you’re spinning wheels you need to meter the throttle and a larger return spring will give you better control and feel. Wonder if he’s ever driven in the snow.
Drive by wire sucks for response.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jefe

Established Member
Wow....turn 3 looks fun.
Eventually had the balls to take that turn at about 83 and the Michelins were hollering! I think I hit 135 on the straight. Heres a friend running 1:48 in a similar layout in his modded, gutted and full caged EVO IX. My best was 2:03

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Full of sarcasm. The boys over there live to pick a fight.

Then again, so do a few of us here. Those guys are putting rubber on the ground though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I don’t use a condom, so no rubber for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread