Dodge DEMON on 93, No Skinnies and No Transbrake - Drag Vid

4a7191a

Established Member
I think it's impressive for a stock setup all arguments aside here. how many people here could race that and beat it ? Currently not me :(

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you really gonna make me link this OP? I have No choice..haha! Let's see what's more impressive?

Perfect example of why pricks in your arse is bad for your mental health...

Compare a stock factory vehicle to a modded one.... ? LeL

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I think it's impressive for a stock setup all arguments aside here. how many people here could race that and beat it ? Currently not me :(

Im_your_hucklebearer.jpg

For us guys that go to the drags often or roll race against other cars that trap in the 130+ mph range I think we are just a little disappointed is all. We saw the headlines that said 9.6s@140+ mph. From experience cars that trap in the 140s are on a different level. So to see these cars on the race tune trapping 137 it's just not as special as it was advertised. Some manufacturers understate HP and performance numbers and unfortunately some overstate them. The car is badass though. Just not as badass as some of us thought it was going to be. I'm ready to rape one if I can find one. LOL.

My94GT

Established Member
The reality is the majority of people that will drop the cash to buy one don’t care if you could build a mustang gt for less. They want the newest hottest topic to drive to cars and coffee and chat about with the other guys in the lot, take out on local roads and stab around a bit in and maybe just maybe take it to the track once in a blue moon and will likely run sub par times anyway.

Does that take away from the car and how impressive it is, eh not to me. I feel this is a stellar built car and is amazing that it can be bought by anyone that can afford it to tool around with a likely reliable potentially 9 second capable car.

Personally I would spend my money for a gen V viper or a gt350 with a TT kit but I still find it impressive. We’re in a great time these days where so many factory cars have such potential for speed that were able to sit back and negatively judge a 10 second ride as if that’s slow lol

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sure the demons cool and all, looks like this one wasnt even on its race tune since its only using 93 octane but have you seen our hellcat? Why buy a demon when you could just get a hellcat and do this while spending less money!?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
We've got a resident john force yeeeehaaaw
I haven't blown the body off of a funny car 3 weeks in a row. He can keep that record.

That man has been on a few wild rides this year.

What I can tell you is that I am much better on 2 wheels than 4. I have run 7 sec on a street tire and no bars.

The best time in a car will be held a secret for a little while longer. I still get the offer to drive a grudge car that will drive around a Demon. Then again, that car is a full tube chassis car that has long forgotten it's factory build pedigree.

No matter how you look at it, the Dodge Demon is an amazing car. You can dislike it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Demon is a factory built street and strip car that can run 9s in the right conditions.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
I was at SGMP Friday night when the Steeda guys made that 10.71 run.

It’s every bit the “hero” run the demon had. There was mineshaft air at SGMP that night, they had a team of people pouring over that car after every run and trailered it to the track.

Track was very sticky too.

Anybody who thinks they’re just rolling up to the strip in their steeda mustang with those same mods and ripping off high 10’s is gonna be in for a bit of a surprise as well...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Preach. But because it’s a Ford all is gravy.

OMG MUSTANG SO FAST

Except the demon goes a full second faster, with a warranty. Lololol

blk02edge

Established Member
I haven't blown the body off of a funny car 3 weeks in a row. He can keep that record.

That man has been on a few wild rides this year.

What I can tell you is that I am much better on 2 wheels than 4. I have run 7 sec on a street tire and no bars.

The best time in a car will be held a secret for a little while longer. I still get the offer to drive a grudge car that will drive around a Demon. Then again, that car is a full tube chassis car that has long forgotten it's factory build pedigree.

No matter how you look at it, the Dodge Demon is an amazing car. You can dislike it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Demon is a factory built street and strip car that can run 9s in the right conditions.

I like the Demon.. I was just having some fun at calling yourself an amazing drag racer on an internet forum.

Im the best formula 1 driver out there btw

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
My first reaction was that in "only" went 10'70's, lol. Then I remembered it's stock. How the hell did people survive the late 70's and 80's?

MYGT500

Established Member
A couple of things,1. The 9.65 was advertised on race gas. 2 . They are only a handful of Demons of there being raced. I'm reasonably sure with practice we will see cars in the 9.6 range. 3. I've never seen any factory car trap at 137. If my Demon does that,I'll be happy!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I like the Demon.. I was just having some fun at calling yourself an amazing drag racer on an internet forum.

Im the best formula 1 driver out there btw
The difference is that I will make a wager and actually put a run down. Wanna play? I'm sure we can find a track between us.

Users who are viewing this thread