Dodge Dakota is back

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the ZR2, especially in diesel.

If you mean “weak AF” as in controlling the mid size market, then you are on point.

Tacomas do what they do very well. No other midsize truck offers the same level of reliability, capability and fun that the Tacos do.

ZR2 is valiant effort, but no dice.

Gladiator is now the new contender, tho.

That Gladiator is looking special. I'll definitely check one out when they come out.

Of course "capability" and "fun" are subjective opinions... just like "looks"--where the zr2 crushes the Taco IMO. Reliability is probably a toss up at this point. 15 years ago, Toyota hands Chevy it's ass. Not today.

Then you have the ZR2's DSSV shocks--game changers in the off road scene. You have the diesel, you have the nicer interior vs the Taco.

The Tacoma is a great truck, but just doesn't compare to some of the newer offerings.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm having flashbacks of my Dakota R/T. Someone please put a Hellcat engine in that thing.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The RC was a decent performing vehicle. The mopar performance pcm woke it up a lot and the only other thing I hoped to do but never did was the M1 2bbl manifold as that (and that alone) greatly improved on the crappy top end. I'd even pick up another RC as they seem to be fairly cheap these days.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That Gladiator is looking special. I'll definitely check one out when they come out.

Of course "capability" and "fun" are subjective opinions... just like "looks"--where the zr2 crushes the Taco IMO. Reliability is probably a toss up at this point. 15 years ago, Toyota hands Chevy it's ass. Not today.

Then you have the ZR2's DSSV shocks--game changers in the off road scene. You have the diesel, you have the nicer interior vs the Taco.

The Tacoma is a great truck, but just doesn't compare to some of the newer offerings.

Will be checking out the Gladiator too.

Fun is definitely subjective but capability is not. No other midsize was as capable as the Tacoma, until the ZR2 came out. DSSV shocks are great, but then again so are the Fox shocks that you get in the Pro. One of the issues I have with the ZR2 is the lower attachment points for the rear shocks, which hang down way too low and are exposed and vulnerable.

The aftermarket definitely favors the Toyota’s. The ZR2s are also more expensive to mod.

The diesel is definitely kick ass, but from a reliability stand point, I go with the Taco’s 3.5.

Looks-wise, the Toyo crushes the Chevy In my opinion.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Always thought the dakotas with the 5.9 were cool. "Bigger v8 in a little truck? Sweet"

Then I had the pleasure of meeting a green unmarked Dakota r/t LEO vehicle. Bed topper popped up and lit up like a space ship, ripped a tail slide and caught up to the Lightning rather quickly. Didn't like the dakota r/ts that much after that.

Wish ford had made that lightning bolt concept back in the day.

+1 on midsize trucks being as big as full size trucks from 90-00s

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

The RT was a great truck had one for about a year. Comfy, and scooted pretty good

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Will be checking out the Gladiator too.

Fun is definitely subjective but capability is not. No other midsize was as capable as the Tacoma, until the ZR2 came out. DSSV shocks are great, but then again so are the Fox shocks that you get in the Pro. One of the issues I have with the ZR2 is the lower attachment points for the rear shocks, which hang down way too low and are exposed and vulnerable.

The aftermarket definitely favors the Toyota’s. The ZR2s are also more expensive to mod.

The diesel is definitely kick ass, but from a reliability stand point, I go with the Taco’s 3.5.

Looks-wise, the Toyo crushes the Chevy In my opinion.

All good points. I read somewhere else where there was concern with the zr2’s lower shock mounts.

You think the Tacoma looks good?? Lol come on. Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyways, back on topic, it would be really nice to see the Dakota bring something really special to the table. The more competition the better!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yep... bunch of weak chinned, safe space seeking, cuck boy moderating team ruins the site. Definitely a group of hypocritical bitches.

A lot of faggotry runs rampant on that site and those other sites by the same owner.
Between them and Camaro5 the cucks run the show on those sites

Bro.... TW makes Camaro5 look like SVTP, if you can believe it. TW owner / team is on another level of cuck space.
So we still OK here? I don't want to be talked about on the net. Lol
I do... I think it’s a handsome little beast

Not bad, I just don't care for those bubble eye headlights.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Yeah. I like yall, over here its adults who can dish it out and take it and everywhere else they cry and ban you

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Haha... abso ****ing lutely. SVTP has transcended from just a “car site”, it’s a hang out spot. No matter where my tastes in vehicles takes me, this is home to me.

Will always be #1.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Been almost 10yrs since Ive played with a Ford and Yall cant get rid of me either. Im SVTP 4life!!

Users who are viewing this thread