Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You're comparing a 7 year newer car with 19" wheels/tires and stiffer sidewalls (and 7 year newer tire technology) to a car with 18" wheels/tires and softer sidewalls. Compare a '14 GT to a '14 GT500 or an '07 GT to an '07 GT500. 5.0s are more grand tourers than GT500s, considering you get more creature comforts in a GT than a GT500. Either way you slice it, GT500s are not straight-line-only cars.

Fair enough but how about a track pack 2012 vs. a 2012 gt500?

Bet that would be damn close on a road course.

After the gt500 hestsoaks and shits itself on the first lap, the GT runs away.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
How am I acting like someone is cross shopping a GT3 RS and a Hellcat or Demon? Where did you get that from? I neither said nor implied any such thing. And I know people buying Dodges don't care about curves. That's why they bought a Dodge!

And you're wrong about the Shelby owners. Curves are in Shelby heritage and DNA. Carroll Shelby wasn't a drag racer. So why should current Shelby cars be straight-line-only cars? Despite not being confidence inspiring, the GT500 could/can still handle curves in stock form better than run-of-the-mill Mustangs. Anybody thinking Shelbys are supposed to be straight-line cars must be new to the game.

I don't know about the GT350 causing an influx of Hellcat sales. If it did, I would bet it was more because of the difficulty in acquiring a GT350 than the power deficit.

I'd bet on youtube you'll find 10 to 1, straight line vids(1/4, 1/2 or roll racing) to track vids of the GT350.

And GT350's are not in short supply. Last time I was at autonation in Katy they had 6 on site. It's the stupid markups that are keeping people from buying them. As outside of a roadcourse it's not that special of a car. For DD it lacks bottom end torque.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

When has that ever happened? Even heat soaked, it's still putting out more power than the Coyote. Depending on ambient temperature, a heat soaked GT500 probably loses between 50 and 100 HP. On a stock '12, that would mean it's still producing between 450 and 500 HP.

Anyways, the '12 GT500 SVTPP is faster around any track than the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Look it up. Are you saying a GT Track Pack is faster around a track than the Boss 302 LS?

C0bra99

Established Member
Fair enough but how about a track pack 2012 vs. a 2012 gt500?

Bet that would be damn close on a road course.

Not sure why your avoiding the '13 and '14. Things changed huge with those cars and you seem to be avoiding it to try and strengthen your case. Which is very weak BTW

From somewhere on earth

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I thought the 13/14 GT500's were very respectable around the track? Especially after a couple minor changes like brake fluid and brake pads.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
HENNESSEY'S 1,000-HP EXORCIST CAMARO MIGHT SEND THE DODGE DEMON RIGHT BACK TO HELL
http://www.maxim.com/rides/hennessey-exorcist-camaro-2017-4

lets%20dance_zpsnb5atwhk.gif

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Just read that Hennessey is working on a Demon killing Camaro called "The Exorcist". Wonder how many customer cars gave their parts to fund that.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't know why anyone gives hennessy any attention anymore. They have a bad rep on pretty much every forum there is it seems.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Lost all credibility when you said Hennessey.

Not gonna happen. Nobody can shift as fast as these new 8 spd autos. Definitely not consistently.

Sticks aren't just about speed now. Its about driver engagement and enjoyment, even if you give up a few tenths. Pretty important on a DD for me.

I admittedly haven't tried the new 8 speed or 10 speed autos, but I feel like I would be bored driving them.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Meh... just another tooner car... nothing special about it... not even from a reputable tooner shop.

Ya, but you can get a base Exorcist for the Low Low price of Only $119,00.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ya, but you can get a base Exorcist for the Low Low price of Only $119,00.

plus the cost of the camaro. lol

Edit: i didn't read the article and assumed it didn't include the cost of the car, but it seems it does.

blk02edge

Established Member
I thought the 13/14 GT500's were very respectable around the track? Especially after a couple minor changes like brake fluid and brake pads.
I was on track in a cayman gt4 clubsport, gen 5 acr viper with pro drivers and a 14 gt500 with rookie driver. All 3 were equally as fun lol

Users who are viewing this thread