Do you think you could take out Ronda Rousey?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
trying to solve a random conversation I had with a friend...

Buddy at work and I were talking about this. We are both about the same size. 5' 11" 190-205lbs. We both did power lifting for a long time so we clearly have a huge strength advantage over her. We are both in our early 30s and overall pretty athletic.... Not much fighting experience though. However...we have a huge weight, height, reach etc etc advantage over her.....

Im not so sure I could take her out lol....he says he can.....

Do those items over shadow her fighting ability? Think you...normal Joe without much fighting experience could take out someone much lighter and weaker but has those skills? Were is the middle ground?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
This isn't a serious question? Guys in the 125 class would mop the floor with you or your buddy and Ronda would make them look like punks. You're talking about am Olympic level judo and the cream of the crop best female fighter in the world, being a guy and having gym "strength" doesn't negated her talents and how badly she'd either break a limb or KO you two. She'd be the ultimate backup in a bar fight as your GF, noone would know what the **** happened when she snapped.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
This isn't a serious question? Guys in the 125 class would mop the floor with you or your buddy and Ronda would make them look like punks. You're talking about am Olympic level judo and the cream of the crop best female fighter in the world, being a guy and having gym "strength" doesn't negated her talents and how badly she'd either break a limb or KO you two. She'd be the ultimate backup in a bar fight as your GF, noone would know what the **** happened when she snapped.

And this. I've had this discussion with many.. She's the ultimate zombie apocalypse wife.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Like i said i don't think i could. He was 100% confident he could. However the strength clearly does make a difference. I dont see a strong 200lb athletic male going down as quick as a 135lb (her weight) frail guy. It has to come into play at some point and help out at least a little.

Tezz500

Established Member
Like i said i don't think i could. He was 100% confident he could. However the strength clearly does make a difference. I dont see a strong 200lb athletic male going down as quick as a 135lb (her weight) frail guy. It has to come into play at some point and help out at least a little.

Watch some of the Royce Gracie Fights... Then get back to us.

2848429_o.gif

01bluesnake

Established Member
You would both get KO'd lol. I practice Muay Thai kickboxing and regularly spare against guys in the 200lb range. I'm 145 myself and 5'11", i'll be damned if i try to fight her haha. Weight plays little part in someones strength and fighting technique.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Watch some of the Royce Gracie Fights... Then get back to us.

2848429_o.gif

and i agree.however I personally weigh about 70-80 lbs more than the avg opponent she fights. She had trouble hip tossing 140lb Budd. She is not a striker and isn't known as one. She is a ground and pound person. I could literally pick her up and throw her out of the ring as could he. Again i think im 50/50 on this. I have deff been in a number of fights over the years but nothing like this. He is 100% set on it that he could. Again..mainly as we both have 5-6" inches on her and nearly 70-80lbs..not to mention much much stronger. Like I said I am very strong. its literally the only thing im good at lol. It has to help me some how haha.

Its an odd thought. Maybe I just dont wanna think someone that much smaller than me would put me to sleep lol.

Tezz500

Established Member
and i agree.however I personally weigh about 70-80 lbs more than the avg opponent she fights. She had trouble hip tossing 140lb Budd. She is not a striker and isn't known as one. She is a ground and pound person. I could literally pick her up and throw her out of the ring as could he. Again i think im 50/50 on this. I have deff been in a number of fights over the years but nothing like this. He is 100% set on it that he could. Again..mainly as we both have 5-6" inches on her and nearly 70-80lbs..not to mention much much stronger. Like I said I am very strong. its literally the only thing im good at lol. It has to help me some how haha.

Its an odd thought. Maybe I just dont wanna think someone that much smaller than me would put me to sleep lol.

As stated, she's the greatest female fighter in the world at this time.

While I don't think that means she's going to beat anyone at anytime.

But it does mean at the bare minimum regardless of body weight, you're gonna have your hands full with her.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You would both get KO'd lol. I practice Muay Thai kickboxing and regularly spare against guys in the 200lb range. I'm 145 myself and 5'11", i'll be damned if i try to fight her haha. Weight plays little part in someones strength and fighting technique.

My neighbor is big into Muay Thai and fights locally and does well. Its a daily thing for him for the last 5-7 years. I texted him and he said at some point size does matter. He is 145-150 and prob 5'6" or so. He said someone with simply brawling skills that is 5'11" plus and 200-220+ would NOT be an easy fight. He said at that point they guy can literally pick him up and the idea of grappling will be tough with that huge of a reach difference let alone trying to punch up. I dunno. Just what he said.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Unless you are a trained MMA fighter, you would get obliterated by RR.

His reach means nothing without technique. His strength means nothing without technique. Even if he lasts a few minutes without going down he will get winded and falter and BAM.

Rct851

Established Member
not a chance man. just cause she isn't known to be a striker doesn't mean she isn't a better striker than the average joe. I imagine she trains against guys everyday so our strength wont be a surprise to her.

Users who are viewing this thread