Do you question why the EcoBoost exists?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
So was the 12.6 run on the tune with 427 lbft? I thought I saw somewhere else where it was at about 330 lbft for this run. Was the tune with 400+ torque too much? Sorry if I missed that somewhere else.

old_goat

Established Member
He said drag radials in another thread. Still on 20" rims, which is impressive.

If they need to keep their credibility, they need to add ALL the options, not just say they dropped almost 1.5 seconds on tune only. I never bought the 1.6x 60 foot time to begin with and I still don't.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Very nice.. You were not kidding at all when you said you have something in the works haha.. Nice work guys!

We always deliver on what we hype :)

So was the 12.6 run on the tune with 427 lbft? I thought I saw somewhere else where it was at about 330 lbft for this run. Was the tune with 400+ torque too much? Sorry if I missed that somewhere else.

this is the 427tq tune

If they need to keep their credibility, they need to add ALL the options, not just say they dropped almost 1.5 seconds on tune only. I never bought the 1.6x 60 foot time to begin with and I still don't.

Not sure what you mean, it flat out says on 20" wheels, which would automatically mean we changed the tires since the car has been shown with the 18's on it. Definitely not hiding anything as that's why we stated it had 20's on it. Had it had factory tires. We would have stated as such. We changed the wheels and tires, so we called out that they were 20's.

The times are very impressive, and I love what Livernois is doing, but show us all the cards.

We definitely feel we did. We apologize anyone feels that way, but we stated it had 20's on it. Being the video clearly shows the 18's on it when stock, we assumed people would understand we changed the wheels/tires on it.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Some of you guys are funny. Tires didn't add 9+ mph, and the car only pulled 1.7 60'.

It is not like they dumped it at 7k with slicks trying to say "tune only".

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Man...just think...that torque curve, add a 4 or 5c converter and hold on considering it's a turbo 4.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Does this 4 banger have counter balancing shafts for smoothness? the last thing folks want is to hear is the buzzing you get from 4 bangers that are not counterbalanced!

faztcobra

Established Member
Some of you guys are funny. Tires didn't add 9+ mph, and the car only pulled 1.7 60'.

It is not like they dumped it at 7k with slicks trying to say "tune only".
The tune added the 9mph, but not all the ET. The 60 went from what, 1.948 to 1.679? The extra tq helpedd with the launch for sure, but probably half a second was gained with the launch alone.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well, it's the item people wanted to know most about our car. What did it do at the track? Well, check it out for yourself! :rolling:

http://youtu.be/H2dkcQGQBXs

This was done with full weight, right off the road, on an open test and tune night, and, wait for it..... on 20" wheels and tires!

Not too shabby for a tune only! That's right, tune only!

So for those of you begging to know what our tune can do, we answered your plea :burnout:

That's awsome. You guys are hurting lots of 5.0 owners feelings. Keep up the good work I see more to come in the future for the new EB stangs

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The tune added the 9mph, but not all the ET. The 60 went from what, 1.948 to 1.679? The extra tq helpedd with the launch for sure, but probably half a second was gained with the launch alone.

but without the extra power, it wouldn't have changed the 60' as the car didn't spin with the stock tune. Now, add all the torque we did and it's a spin fest. So, is it fair to compare a stock car, that dead hooks, vs. a modified car that spins? I definitely don't think so. Why? because spinning doesn't show the potential of the car.

I mean we are talking about a 4-cylinder mustang that goes mid twelves with 2 mods. A tune, and a tire, and people are complaining. Something doesn't seem right here...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread