Do you question why the EcoBoost exists?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Honestly, does anyone question it's existence?

We don't :coolman:, and heres why:

Check out what we have made with a tune so far, all through an automatic!

EBMustangcapability_zpsb9a2beba.png

We are still working on finalizing our tune offering, but we definitely wanted to show you guys what this platform is capable of making with just a tune. Now, we are still validating the durability at this power level, and our final tune might scale it back if we feel there are any durability trade offs, but this is an amazing jump from what we saw before. Just take a look at all of that torque!

Keep an eye out for us testing this further, and hitting up the track soon for some 1/4 mile results as well!

Branhammer

Established Member
Wow if it weren't for lack of V8 sound I would be getting an EB over a GT. Those numbers are incredible! Nice work.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I have a 2.0L and a 3.5L ecoboost. When a 5.0L or 5.2L ecoboost becomes available for a Mustang I'll be interested.

nycarpenter

Established Member
I test drove one and I must be honest even with the numbers being what they are I could not buy it.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The Torque spike is awesome but it falls almost as hard as it climbs.

The EB stangs are definitely gonna hurt some feelings

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Test drove one. If you didn't tell me there was a 4 cylinder, I would have thought it was the v6.

But by no means does it come close to the gt.

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I test drove one and I must be honest even with the numbers being what they are I could not buy it.

Ah, but you haven't driven a tuned one. I remember many SHO owners talk about how they test drove one, and hated it. That is, until, they drove one that we tuned. All of a sudden they were snatching one up and calling us for a tune. We've even had our tuner show up to the customer before they had their car built.

The Torque spike is awesome but it falls almost as hard as it climbs.

The EB stangs are definitely gonna hurt some feelings

The EcoBoost 4 cylinders typically do this since the turbo is properly sized for the engine. Of course a bigger turbo and some more work will change all of that :)

Test drove one. If you didn't tell me there was a 4 cylinder, I would have thought it was the v6.

But by no means does it come close to the gt.

I have a feeling this one would change your mind about that :)

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
Wow ! , this is an interesting thread. I am pleased to see tuning done on an Ecoboost 4 with an auto trans because that is the combo I would buy. I will keep my GT500 , but I would like have a contrast to the big high horsepower engine. It would be just fun to wring out power from a small engine. It will be fun to see the progress made in improving the output of the Ecoboost 4.

2011 3.7 Kona

Established Member
Honestly, does anyone question it's existence?

We don't :coolman:, and heres why:

Check out what we have made with a tune so far, all through an automatic!

EBMustangcapability_zpsb9a2beba.png

We are still working on finalizing our tune offering, but we definitely wanted to show you guys what this platform is capable of making with just a tune. Now, we are still validating the durability at this power level, and our final tune might scale it back if we feel there are any durability trade offs, but this is an amazing jump from what we saw before. Just take a look at all of that torque!

Keep an eye out for us testing this further, and hitting up the track soon for some 1/4 mile results as well!
Wait a minute. Just so I'm understanding what your saying. This Dyno is on the 2015 ecoboost with just a tune? The car made over 400 rwtq with just a tune?

If so, holy $hit batman. Good grief, With the torque numbers. Just curious but why does the torque take a huge nose dive after that huge huge gain? Is there a way to keep the torque higher throughout the powerband?

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Wait a minute. Just so I'm understanding what your saying. This Dyno is on the 2015 ecoboost with just a tune? The car made over 400 rwtq with just a tune?

If so, holy $hit batman. Good grief, With the torque numbers. Just curious but why does the torque take a huge nose dive after that huge huge gain? Is there a way to keep the torque higher throughout the powerband?
The turbo is beyond its efficiency range. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, just means that after engine rpm starts climbing the turbo cannot supply enough air to keep up. Power drops off in turn. All of the Ford EB motors are like this where the turbo is small and sort of optimized for the whole power band right out of the factory. This is what gives the quick response and instant torque. The trade off is you don't have much headroom to make more power after a tune. Daily usability with low end torque and fun factor go way up with a tune though :)

ATTFighter

Established Member
With that much of a torque advantage over the 5.0 will the ecoboost be faster off the line?

Users who are viewing this thread