do you love your mammoth

viperstang

Established Member
i am looking into buying a mammoth blower. I wanted to hear from guys that already have the kit to get some feed back about it. would you do it again if you had a chance to push the do over button?

03dsgsnake

Established Member
i am looking into buying a mammoth blower. I wanted to hear from guys that already have the kit to get some feed back about it. would you do it again if you had a chance to push the do over button?

i love my 2.8h and now doing behemoth inlet, the mammoth is great but alot of rerouting and moving of stuff on top of hefty price tag good luck!

xenodragon

Established Member
I love how my banners show a picture of a Mammoth elephant once i click on this thread....Heard great things about the 2.8!!

viperstang

Established Member
i guess there's not alot of people with this setup? i already have a 3.4 whipple but was going to sell it and buy the mammoth, but wanted to see what the KB guys thought about it.

Last edited:

YGETV8

Established Member
Am I wrong or does it seem that KB spent a lot of time trying to convince us that the driver's side was THE best place for an inlet on these cars? I'm thinking, in reality, they just didn't want to cast a whole new piece for us Cobra owners. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they didn't as new, low run castings are expensive. But just tell us it was cheaper to sell as a kit this way, don't blow smoke and say it was in our best interest!

Jroc

Established Member
I think that the Behemeth is cool and all, but I would rather use the kit thats directly R&D'ed from KB.

Mammoth FTW!

I don't have one or anything, I'm just saying.

GodStang

Established Member
I think that the Behemeth is cool and all, but I would rather use the kit thats directly R&D'ed from KB.

Mammoth FTW!

I don't have one or anything, I'm just saying.

Try installing one and you will change your mind... You have to move everything over to the drivers side and everything that is there you have to move elsewhere except the oil filler and dip stick. IIRC you have to remove your CAI to change the oil/check the oil. Everytime you take your CAI apart you run into problems of not getting it back together correctly and getting air pockets.

The ones sold for the whipple are being sold through Injected Racing. I do not thin they are vendors here so not linking them.

And yes KB does go a long way in trying to tell people its cooler on that side....

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Try installing one and you will change your mind... You have to move everything over to the drivers side and everything that is there you have to move elsewhere except the oil filler and dip stick. IIRC you have to remove your CAI to change the oil/check the oil. Everytime you take your CAI apart you run into problems of not getting it back together correctly and getting air pockets.

The ones sold for the whipple are being sold through Injected Racing. I do not thin they are vendors here so not linking them.

And yes KB does go a long way in trying to tell people its cooler on that side....

I have heard that installation is a biatch. I would like to see some back to back #'s between the car as I would agree the Mammoth wouldn't be worth it if it doesn't produce anymore power, but if it does then maybe. The point of these large blowers is to maximise HP with a positive displacement blower. KB claims that they get better airflow on the drivers side.

GodStang

Established Member
I have heard that installation is a biatch. I would like to see some back to back #'s between the car as I would agree the Mammoth wouldn't be worth it if it doesn't produce anymore power, but if it does then maybe. The point of these large blowers is to maximise HP with a positive displacement blower. KB claims that they get better airflow on the drivers side.

I agree but in my personal belief on the way a blower works you will not gain anymore from it being on the drivers side. Just my 2 cents.

GodStang

Established Member
Off topic,kinda.
GodStang,you ever get that idle figured out?I was reading your thread on MF.

Nope but I was given a massive list of things to check. Today's my anniversary so starting in the morning I will be trying them all.

Users who are viewing this thread