Do you love the base model?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
The manual seat is manual....no power at all. No prob for me...I am the only driver and she isn't an everyday car. And yes there is an aux Jack in the arm rest glove box.

My total base cars shipping sticker says 3461 also. I just checked.

My cars pic and info with window sticker is on my Www.HotRodHarrys.com website

Last edited:

Radiohead

Established Member
Nice car!! I have a question, does the base model sound system have an AUX port for plugging in Ipods and such? Thanks!

Why yes it does. See it here inside the back storage compartment

center_open.jpg

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Hey Rick, are the seats fully manual, or are the power front/back adjustment?

also, I pulled the invoice for a local premium coupe with no options and it showed shipping weight of 3461. Came with full fluids also, but very little fuel.

The manual seat is manual....no power at all. No prob for me...I am the only driver and she isn't an everyday car. And yes there is an aux Jack in the arm rest glove box.

My total base cars shipping sticker says 3461 also. I just checked.

My cars pic and info with window sticker is on my HotRodHarrys.com - Home Page website

My car invoice also had a 3461 on it. I weighed mine the other day with a touch over a 1/2 a tank of gas in it. It weighed 3,560 pounds.

Bokeo

Established Member
Why yes it does. See it here inside the back storage compartment

Thank you Radiohead!! Im leaning more and more towards a base 5.0 over terminator everyday. I get back from Iraq in November so I cant wait to test drive one of these :beer:

Radiohead

Established Member
Thank you Radiohead!! Im leaning more and more towards a base 5.0 over terminator everyday. I get back from Iraq in November so I cant wait to test drive one of these :beer:

The base GT is good choice! Take care and come back safe!

5.0jake

Established Member
odered mine the way it is. love the base car. seats are fine. going to wrap the wheel in leather myself.

How are you going to do this? I agree, base steering wheel is my only complaint and it is horrible!

Last edited:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
There's a $1,000 incentive until Oct 4th, so you can get a base model through USAA's car buying service for $27,535 (price will vary a lil depending on your area, this quote is for the Roanoke, VA area). The great thing about the car buying service, is it's a no haggle price, you get your guarantee and just go to the dealer and get your car, no bs.

I wouldn't mind a base model with 3.73's, would still come in under $28k. :-D

USAA Autos | New Car Pricing

I posted about it in another thread a while back, but just thought I'd add it here too. Oh, and while the insurance side of USAA is still military only, the banking side is now open to everyone, which includes their car buying service. :thumbsup:

(No, I don't work for USAA, just think it's a great company with excellent customer service)

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I love my grabber blue. Only option is 3:55s. I hate the steering wheel lol but I orderd a gt500 wheel from Mike R @ tousley ford. Will take pics when it comes in...

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I love my grabber blue. Only option is 3:55s. I hate the steering wheel lol but I orderd a gt500 wheel from Mike R @ tousley ford. Will take pics when it comes in...

I ordered the same wheel from Mike at Tousley as well!!! He told me someone else had bought one and that they had just sent it out.

Let me know how the switch goes and if you run into any problems. I'm wondering about the audio controls on the GT500 wheel since our base wheel doesn't have them. If they work after the switch that would be an added bonus!!

5.0jake

Established Member
If you get a different steering wheel for the base model that has different buttons like volume control for example, can they be used?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
If you get a different steering wheel for the base model that has different buttons like volume control for example, can they be used?

Should know by next week, kyoshosp2 and I both should have our new GT500 wheels by then.

Last edited:

kyoshosp2

Established Member
wheel arrived today.. i will install this weekend. i also got the darker brushed alu spoke to go better with my car interior. there are like 6 part #s he said lol. But here is my base model...

stock springs
2011gt-3.jpg

2011gt-5.jpg

Lowerd on motorsports springs
2011gt-2.jpg

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
wheel arrived today.. i will install this weekend. i also got the darker brushed alu spoke to go better with my car interior. there are like 6 part #s he said lol. But here is my base model...

stock springs
2011gt-3.jpg

2011gt-5.jpg

Lowerd on motorsports springs
2011gt-2.jpg

Looks good!! :beer:

He got me the wheel that was just like the one in a Black (stripe delete) 2010 GT500 coupe that had 10K miles on it on Ebay.

southernsindiki

Established Member
I'm having a hard time deciding on a color!! I really like Grabber blue with the stock 18's and white with the brembo wheels. I'm to ocd so I really can't get black, it would bother me 24/7... lol

How does Grabber blue do in the used car market? Thinking a 3-4 years down the road how hard would it be to sell that color. White or Red would be much easier. Decisions, decisions, decisions... =\

southernsindiki

Established Member
this is my 3rd black car and to be honest the paint is top notch and i have ZERO scratches, im sorry but grabber blue looks like cotton candy to me aka girls color

Really? So it's not like the sh*t black paint GM put on the camaro's? Girl's will think Grabber blue is "cute" so they'll wanna get in the car... :dancenana:

kyoshosp2

Established Member
That's right hot girls love the color lol and it was popular on first boss stang.. I'm man enough to drive it.. I get compliments from everyone on mine.. It's purly a personal decision. Most cars are bland to me everyone chooses no color white silvers and black make for a dull world... Plust it's to dam hott hers for black lol

Users who are viewing this thread