Do you love the base model?

southernsindiki

Established Member
Hi, I'm planning on getting my 2011 GT soon and was wanting to get some feedback from base model owners!

How comfortable are the seats, etc... Thanks

I plan on redoing the stereo so the shaker 500 would be a waste, but the white faced gauges do look nicer. One thing I like about the base model is no antenna in the middle of the trunk!

Not sure if I want to spend $35k+ for a mustang. 5.0 with brembo's and 3.55's sound like a great combo for a good price. I live in a really hot area during the summer time and leather seats burn your a$$!

SpectorV

Established Member
about the only thing I would miss is the leather seats~ or other such interior upgrades looks wise as the radio doesnt bother me (and you will be upgrading anyway)

check with katskins to see how much they charge for leather, might be cheaper than ordering a package that comes with leather.

cgjarvis

Established Member
My 11 GT base standard, Brembo, with 3.55s should be here any day. I will keep you posted on what I think of the seats, etc. I know the steering wheel will have to go.

As for price with X plan - $1750 in rebates I'm paying just under $29k for it. That's a deal in my book!:beer:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I bought a base model Grabber Blue GT last Saturday. I drove it 150 miles home from the dealership and thought that the seats were very comfortable. I do have to agree that the 'feel' of the steering wheel is the worst part of the interior.

Last edited:

2013Boss302

Established Member
**** yeah i ordered my bast gt wth brembos and 3.73 gears and love it. the seats are comfortable as hell. i was coming from an evo X with recaros. these seats are heavenly

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
odered mine the way it is. love the base car. seats are fine. going to wrap the wheel in leather myself.

rexisme

Established Member
I wouldn't of gotten mine any other way, after owning 13 cars all with leather I was done with it. I HATE leather. That and, the fact that the x plan coupled with the rebates made it worth buying a mustang. Because let's face it, if you pay damn near 40k for a mustang gt, you're a retard

andymarkv

Established Member
Base model isn't what it once was!!! Having power locks & windows and a ton of stuff standard seems pretty well equipped to me!

I was pretty shocked to see our local high volume dealer have new 5.0's on the lot well under sticker.
This baseish kona blue 5.0 6sp car must have some options, (because of the $30,890 sticker) but the price is nice at $28,799

(click the link, then choose the Mustang tab)
New Ford - Simmons-Rockwell, Inc.

southernsindiki

Established Member
After seeing the Boss 302 interior... wow just amazing!

Would you be able to put the dash trim and gauges from the Boss into the base model along with the steering wheel?

zilla8

Established Member
I love my base GT.I wanted to recreate my 91 LX 5.0

the only option I wanted was 3.73 gears.This car compared to my old Fox cars is loaded.I like the cloth seats and the biggest thing is the price.

for 27K with Xplan I had some change left over for mods:banana: I had Steeda CAI/SCT tuner along with complete Magnaflow exhaust waiting for her before she arrived.

I hooked up my 6 year old Sirius stream jockey reciever via the aux input inside the console and it works perfect.The new 5.0 motor was the main thing I wanted and boy is it a monster!!!!

2011m1.jpg

pic17.jpg

pic18.jpg

Last edited:

southernsindiki

Established Member
Wow love it in white! I really don't know if I should get the brembo pkg or not. I like the stock 18's. Can you post more pics from different angles?

kens88gt

Established Member
ZILLA8: I am xplan eligible and am considering a base GT. what was the MSRP for yours?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The base gt with brembo is a great mustang! The only reason I would not order it is because I am not a fan on black or gray interiors. I could care less about leather, however today leather is the only mustang interior that comes with a dash of color.

southernsindiki

Established Member
No dealership around me has a mustang with brembo's in stock. Wish I could see the different colors with the wheels in person.

Hard to judge with pictures you just see online.

zilla8

Established Member
ZILLA8: I am xplan eligible and am considering a base GT. what was the MSRP for yours?

msrp was $29,645 and my x-plan pricing through EAA was $28,076 I got the $750 coupon combined with the $500.00 from Ford for $1250 discount.The good thing is any options you get with x-plan are cheaper also.

the 3.73 gears are $344.00 vs $395.00 without x-plan.

I see Ford is offering $1,000 cash now:cuss: but I just received a 2011 broshure and there was no more $750 coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread