Do you love the base model?

kens88gt

Established Member
Thanks for the info...great price for a fantatsic ca.r Good luck with it; I love the white!

venumus93

Established Member
**** yeah i ordered my bast gt wth brembos and 3.73 gears and love it. the seats are comfortable as hell. i was coming from an evo X with recaros. these seats are heavenly

This is my car exactly....except mine is black...and I LOVE IT! :banana:

I think the cloth seats are very comfortable and I wasn't too concerned with an extra-fancy interior. I do like the way the Premiums look inside, but I am more of a plain and simple kinda guy...liking the Mustangs for their power/looks. And this one reminds me of my very first one, a '93 Black LX 5.0 hatch, balck cloth interior. So, the Base with Brembo's and 3.73's were just what I wanted. :rockon:

southernsindiki

Established Member
Do you guys like White with black stripe? Here's the video [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eucCbX9ebE"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Flowmaster Exhaust[/nomedia]

either this or black! Can't decide.

Where would you get that black stripe package from, Ford or a body shop?

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
My wife's V-6 base model is nice. The no spare and steering wheel are my only gripes. Other than that it's pretty nice for a base model stang. I would proudly roll in a base model 5.0 also, I was considering a couple before I found mine.

Crigitine

Established Member
For all of you guys that bought the base model GT...

How do you all like the base audio system? I understand it's not going to be anything spectacular, but is it at least usable and doesn't sound like a base model Ford Ranger system with AM/FM tape? That, and the lack of SYNC on the base model are the only things holding me back. Haven't heard anything about Ford offering SYNC as a dealer-installed accessory on 2011 models yet. :(

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
We were looking for a base model when we found ours. We wanted to keep it light as possible. The only option on our car is the auto. Seats are nice and the radio is fine. The manual seats can be a pain adjusting height but is saved about 45lbs.:beer:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
We were looking for a base model when we found ours. We wanted to keep it light as possible. The only option on our car is the auto. Seats are nice and the radio is fine. The manual seats can be a pain adjusting height but is saved about 45lbs.:beer:

+1 Rick, I was also looking for a light weight starting point!

I just weighed my base model 6 speed manual coupe. It weighed 3,560 pounds with a 1/2 a tank of gas! Not too bad in today's era of very heavy cars.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
For all of you not liking the steering wheel, I had the same problem with my 05'. I upgraded the wheel to from the deluxe to the premium leather wrapped/aluminium spokes. You may want to see what parts would charge for the wheel, and I believe that it was only an hour labor for the swap at the Dealership. I have not paid attention to the deluxe wheel and whether or not it has all of the touch controls.

Radiohead

Established Member
Here is a good thread on the base GT. I took some pics for some of the other people who wanted to see a base GT.

Anyone order and receive a Base GT yet and have pics? - Ford Mustang Forums

I don't regret getting the base for 1 second. I ordered exactly what I wanted. The only thing I missed out on with a base was the HIDs, but I will add those later.

The base is a great car. I paid $ 31.5k for a base with 6sp manual, Brembo, spoiler delete, 3.73, & security pkg. That is one hell of a deal.

Note, I replaced my base wheel with an 08-09 Bullitt wheel. It works great.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
And that's the difference for the 2011 cars, the Premium GT has a wheel with audio controls and they do not work if you put that wheel on. However, the 08 Bullitt wheel like I used has the same style buttons as the stock 2011 base wheel, just for the speed control. The electrical connector is different between the 2, so I just removed the buttons from my base wheel and installed them into the 08 Bullitt wheel. You could also do the same if using the earlier GT500 wheel.

Here is a good thread on the base GT. I took some pics for some of the other people who wanted to see a base GT.

Anyone order and receive a Base GT yet and have pics? - Ford Mustang Forums

I don't regret getting the base for 1 second. I ordered exactly what I wanted. The only thing I missed out on with a base was the HIDs, but I will add those later.

The base is a great car. I paid $ 31.5k for a base with 6sp manual, Brembo, spoiler delete, 3.73, & security pkg. That is one hell of a deal.

Note, I replaced my base wheel with an 08-09 Bullitt wheel. It works great.

Either one of you guys got a pic of what the wheel looks like in you base car?

Thanks!! :beer:

Radiohead

Established Member
Sure, here you go

interior.jpg

For the person on the last page asking about the base radio, I think it is very good. I believe I read somewhere it was 170 watts. It sounds very good for a base unit.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Sure, here you go

interior.jpg

For the person on the last page asking about the base radio, I think it is very good. I believe I read somewhere it was 170 watts. It sounds very good for a base unit.

That looks like it should have come in the car from the factory!! Do you mind me asking where you got it and how much did you had to pay for it?

Radiohead

Established Member

That looks like it should have come in the car from the factory!! Do you mind me asking where you got it and how much did you had to pay for it?

NP. I got it from partscheap.com. I think it was around $ 350. The GT500 wheel is a lot more money, but it works, too. Note, you use your same airbag and stock wheel center cap (with the horse on it). You change the wheel, and you put your original airbag in and then use the cap over it. You do have to remove the Bullitt cruise buttons and use your 11 wheel buttons in the Bullitt wheel as they do have different connectors. They slide right in though.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
NP. I got it from partscheap.com. I think it was around $ 350. The GT500 wheel is a lot more money, but it works, too. Note, you use your same airbag and stock wheel center cap (with the horse on it). You change the wheel, and you put your original airbag in and then use the cap over it. You do have to remove the Bullitt cruise buttons and use your 11 wheel buttons in the Bullitt wheel as they do have different connectors. They slide right in though.

Thanks for the info, I will have to check that out!! :beer:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I love mine! Don't miss leather.....still a very well optioned car for no options. Window sticker is on my website and photos

Last edited:

Bokeo

Established Member
Nice car!! I have a question, does the base model sound system have an AUX port for plugging in Ipods and such? Thanks!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member

Hey Rick, are the seats fully manual, or are the power front/back adjustment?

also, I pulled the invoice for a local premium coupe with no options and it showed shipping weight of 3461. Came with full fluids also, but very little fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread