Do you love the base model?

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
^ i agree. I got a ton of compliments on the color, from everyone, girls, guys, older people. I think its going to be one of the more popular colors..

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
that's right hot girls love the color lol and it was popular on first boss stang.. I'm man enough to drive it.. I get compliments from everyone on mine.. It's purly a personal decision. Most cars are bland to me everyone chooses no color white silvers and black make for a dull world... Plust it's to dam hott hers for black lol

^ i agree. I got a ton of compliments on the color, from everyone, girls, guys, older people. I think its going to be one of the more popular colors..

+2

TermNewb

Banned
I didn't read any follow up posts, but having driven a premium GT ( HID's, Leather, Shake500, Brembos etc etc ) and looking/sitting inside a base I guess I'll add my 2 cents.

The base model would be good if all you care about is a car to go fast in ( esp one that will be modded into a drag only car ). Otherwise I'd get the nice version. If you buy 1 share of ford stock and then get your x-plan pin, you can get a fully loaded GT ( minus navigation ) for like 34K. Thats a good deal considering your base is like 31.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I didn't read any follow up posts, but having driven a premium GT ( HID's, Leather, Shake500, Brembos etc etc ) and looking/sitting inside a base I guess I'll add my 2 cents.

The base model would be good if all you care about is a car to go fast in ( esp one that will be modded into a drag only car ). Otherwise I'd get the nice version. If you buy 1 share of ford stock and then get your x-plan pin, you can get a fully loaded GT ( minus navigation ) for like 34K. Thats a good deal considering your base is like 31.

I got my base model GT with 3.73's and Security Package with X-Plan pricing for $29,111.

I looked at both and drove and rode in both before I bought. I liked the cloth seats and felt that the extra money I would have spent on the Premium GT would more than pay for the mods that I have already gotten (except JLT CAI).

X-pipe/SCT tuner/93 Octane tune package: $769
Flowmaster 'Hushpower' axleback: $396
JLT CAI: $350 (estimated)
CDC chin spoiler: $225
Hood stripes: $31
Rear decklid blackout panel: $33
Premium wheel center caps: $33
Window tinting: $160

Total cost of mods: $1,997

Total cost of 'Base' GT + mods: $31,108

For about $3,000 less than the loaded Premium model, I have a car that is capable of running high 11's in the 1/4 mile (with sticky tires), still has all the power equipment of the Premium model except power driver's seat and has a few exterior mods so that it doesn't look like everyone else's car!!

dru440

Established Member
I dunno guys, I drove the base today, feels cheap compared to the old base gt's. the old ones had a power seat, had a leather wrapped steering wheel, and the clutch just doesnt feel like a mustang clutch, may still end up with it, or go to a 08 gt500

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I have had them all lol that stuff in premium is just that to pay a premium for it.. I have had leather and it's to dam hot for it .. Base stere is great .. Didn't wanna pay for 19 that I can do nothing with.. The wheel sux though and I installed a 500 wheel and it's awsome. And cruis control wks radio buttons don't.. I'm working on it though

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
How are you going to do this? I agree, base steering wheel is my only complaint and it is horrible!

order a skin online and stitch it like a baseball. i've done it to every car i've ever owned. even a 70 superbeetle. real leather and wrap it yourself. costs about 50 bucks and an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread