Do you like R/KR Versions? Or prefer one model?

Dusten

Established Member
Do you even hear yourself? Demon is awful on the street? Yeah it’s not getting 0-60 in 2.1 like on a prepped track sonny boy but it still shoots out of the dig like a monster if you know how to drive.

Hate to break it to you but most races in the real world happen while cars are rolling. Do you really want to know how far back a demon with 840bhp shoots back a measly Gt350? Son wake up.

What do you even drive? Why can’t you answer that?
Brags about beating a purpose built corner carver in his ourpose built straight line car.... sweet bro.

Whats that demon lap at VIR?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So what car you driving? Still can't seem to find an answer.
I drove a Ranger FX4 as you stated...why do you even care what I drive. I care less what you drive.

Again any car with awd and 500+ hp/tq keeps up with your demon on the street(0-60) and destroys your car in the cold and wet.
The only place your car is good for is at the track, where you choose not to drive. It’s actually very ironic. Haha

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
I liked the previous KR, besides the V6 rear spoiler, but it solely depends on what they do to the next KR model. Maybe more boost? I hope it has more than just a CAI and tune over the regular GT500. More aggressive suspension, nicer wheels, more carbon fiber body components, etc.

Pick your poison.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Are there any drag strip races where a stock Demon takes on a stock newer Z06, both automatic of course! (But seriously, I would love to see that race.)
Would love to see that line-up. Make it a best of 3.

paluka21

Established Member
Are there any drag strip races where a stock Demon takes on a stock newer Z06, both automatic of course! (But seriously, I would love to see that race.)
Would love to see that line-up. Make it a best of 3.
I think the ZR1 is a better comparison. New stock Z06 A8 cars tend to trap anywhere between 125-134mph.
Yes big variance but so are DA’s, track prep, and driver skill.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
The Demon beats a McClaren 720s down the strip. It is utterly comical that we are even comparing a Demon to a GT350. Seriously. A ****ing 2010 GT500 is as fast in the 1/4 mile as a GT350. Can I go find my penis now? Are we done here?

Look, the new GT500 is gonna be GREAT. But it WILL NOT be faster than a Demon in a straight line. Can you comprehend that? That also means 95% of street races in America the Demon will walk a GT500. Can you agree? Who the **** races 700+ muscle cars around turns. You guys have lost touch.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The Demon beats a McClaren 720s down the strip. It is utterly comical that we are even comparing a Demon to a GT350. Seriously. A ****ing 2010 GT500 is as fast in the 1/4 mile as a GT350. Can I go find my penis now? Are we done here?

Look, the new GT500 is gonna be GREAT. But it WILL NOT be faster than a Demon in a straight line. Can you comprehend that? That also means 95% of street races in America the Demon will walk a GT500. Can you agree? Who the **** races 700+ muscle cars around turns. You guys have lost touch.
1. You don’t go to the strip.
2. I’m sure your running DR in 20 degree NY air temperatures.
3. I would love to see you run an RS7 in said NY temps, 0-80 mph.
4. Where is that run, 720s vs demon with 315 front wheels?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
People are getting ahead of themselves on this topic.
I agree. But it seems like we’ve got 9 days left until we hear something real. Then several more months to continue this bench racing BS. But hey, winter is long here, what else to do?
Without knowing the true options, for now I’d say I’m looking for a second year car. I’ll drive it for a few months and determine what mods I’m looking for.
Really the basics for any hot new model. Some will pay large ADMs and go crazy modding while shops will push hard to set first milestones. I’ll sit and learn from them.
It’s gotta be fun to have the first on the street, and in some ways I see that attraction.
Just wondering how much we’ll learn at NAIAS.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Demon will lose many races on the street. Watch videos of “demon vs” on YouTube.

The demon lost drag races to an awd m5 in this very honest comparison test. They did chose the demon as the overall winner, and are usually a little more the euro favoring.

Here is a demon vs mclaren at the strip. Still, loses. Badly.

15 min mark is roughly when the racing started.

First two I found and said I’m done for today.

I’ve smoked modded hellcat challengers and chargers on the street. You have to get many things right the heavier and higher powered a car is. It’s exactly why a light short geared full bolt on mach1 could be built to slaughter an 03 cobra both on slicks in the 8th mile 15 years ago.

Clicking a 1.4 to 1.5 60ft is that magic 2.x 0-60mph that people cream their shorts about. I’ve done them in a rwd IRS cobra. Almost half the people in this thread and on this site have.

The fastest demon 60ft time I’ve seen is a 1.38. That is 1.9 0-60 territory, and indeed fast. I’ve also seen an IRS cobra do a 1.38, it’s on youtube too. “Irs cobra 1.38 60ft”

While the demon is setup factory for this, it’s nothing new or black magic.

•killer chiller (ac to cool temps) dates back decades.
•air intake from head lamp. Since cars were raced.
•drag suspension setup. Since cars were raced.
•drag slicks. Since cars were raced
•skinnies. Since cars were raced
•weight reduction. Since cars were raced.
•vinyls. Since cars were sold
•mystic marketing. Since water
•bad and average customers unable to replicate perfect marketing hyped scenarios. Since water.

The 2011 gt500 is bolt ons, TVS, suspension and slicks from low 10’s@136 in Florida. I just watched a 30 min video of a demon running those times.

I don’t hate on dodge for winning at this game. The demon is a great exercise of build it for the niche culture, not demand. The post sale value will rise.

Chevy destroys resale value by leapfrogging itself every 2-3 years. Ford could easily have released a car in the same fashion, but it would have destroyed its resale value. Look back at the cobra 94-04, and then at the cobra R. 94-01 cobras don’t have the very strong resale value like and 03/04. 93, 95 Cobra r aren’t near as strong as 00 cobra r. Space your echelon models.

Lastly, many people race 700hp+ muscle cars. AI and AIX may cap out far below that, but just on this forum are probably 100+ people who have track day’s in 700+hp muscle cars. There is a market for hyper muscle just as there is for hyper exotics.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Like I said any awd 500+hp/tq car will give the demon fits on the street 0-80mph.

Of course don’t tell this to Kaneda. One has to ask where does he drive his car? Hahaha

Modded race fuel skinnies demon still could not beat a stock 720s.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’ve been in a 900whp hellcat. It felt like an auto 750whp turbo terminator +/-. Car had trapped 146 up here. It definitely wasn’t slow, but it didn’t feel like 900whp.

The demon makes 750-775whp. That’s tops 135-140 territory in a 4300lbs auto shaped boldly (drag coefficient). It’s not slow by any means but you won’t be competitive with other 750-775whp cars.

That said, a 750whp terminator feels slow for the power compared to a 500whp gutted honda, and the battle of cheapest shitbox will always go to the lightest cheapest shitbox

blk02edge

Established Member
Like I said any awd 500+hp/tq car will give the demon fits on the street 0-80mph.

Of course don’t tell this to Kaneda. One has to ask where does he drive his car? Hahaha

Modded race fuel skinnies demon still could not beat a stock 720s.
He clicks off 9.65 1/4 mile runs on his daily commute duh

Users who are viewing this thread