Do you believe that every guy/girl has a soul mate?

Do you believe that every guy/girl a soul mate?

• No way

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Of course

Votes: 22 52.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
sorry if this is a repost....

But just like the title says... Do you believe that everybody has a soul mate?

Me and my g/f had a discussion today about soul mates. Basically I said it was crazy to think that of the 3.5 billion women out there that there is only one I truly match with.
She's was just the opposite, she believes that there is a "one and only" out there. :bored:

I'm just trying to get an idea of how this subject stands with a mixed group of individuals such as yourselves. So please, be honest.
I may even have her register so she can chime in, especially if the majority are on my side. :lol:

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
With someone you are compatible with yes. "Soul mate" in the context that most people use, no.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
The "Everyone has one soulmate somewhere" theory doesn't strike me as true.

First off, how is it that cultures in different countries rarely marry outside their own culture. If your pre-destined to be with someone out of your culture and you marry someone within your culture and stay happily married for 25+ years, is that deemed a failure?

ie. Hypothetically, if your Japanese and "supposedly", according to the topic, to be married to a woman of Sweden descent and you marry a Japanese woman, does that jinx your marriage?

I think not. There is no one soulmate for everyone. There is an "ideal soulmate", but no pre-determined one.

Hope I made sense.:shrug:

jonas

Established Member
pure bs
One and only my ass. The math just doesnt add up.

Some are good lays, some are good friends, some you dont mind waking up next to and raising kids with. Just matters on circumstance (sp?)

Id say the avg guy/girl; is compatible with 10% of the people of the opposite sex. so one out of every 10 people of the opposite sex can be good life partners. Its curcumstance that pushes you closer or pulls you away. Ok so im not exactly a romantic, oh well.

before I hit the reply button, let me just say this. There are only soo many personality types out there.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Yeah, being a rational person myself, I find it impossible to think there is a one and only.

jonas

Established Member
just wanted to add when I say 10% can become i mean have the potential to become a life partner.
There are so manyt variables that can steer you towards and away from each other

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's all hogwash. Movie romance brainwashes people into this "soulmate" crap. During your life, you're lucky to hook up with one person that if the circumstances are right, you stay together and have a family until you grow old and die. These days, it's rare. A combination of many things, including the detioration of morals in society, are the culprit.

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
WTF?

Dude.......tell her "Yes"...that you not only believe in soulmates, but that she is your soulmate... ;-)

Keep telling her that until you are bored with banging her, then dump her like a wet dishrag and move on to the next one :bored:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
there is more than one soulmate for everyone....

03CobraBro

Established Member
No soul mates. All silliness

I think its another excuse for a significant other to say "Oh I found my soul mate Im leaving you for them" then 3 weeks later your ex significant other comes back and says "Oh I was mistaken, that wasnt my soul mate, take me back now please."

Oh brother... :rollseyes

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Of course. Somewhere. Dead or alive. In the past or in the future. Yak, yak, yak. Blah, blah, blah.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Of course. Somewhere. Dead or alive. In the past or in the future. Yak, yak, yak. Blah, blah, blah.
Kinda sucks to have a dead soulmate if you're still alive.:)

ssssnake

Established Member
I don't think there is just one out there. But I do think that you can find someone who is just right for you and then you grow into soulmates.

nj7703

Established Member
I would say the "soulmate" thing sounds like it is a Hallmark invention. It's all about 2 incomes, being able to pool your resources to get bigger toys :thumbsup: I have personally known 3 or 4 that were "the one" but things happen and things change and it could go either way, and so i moved on. The idea of a soulmate was thought up to keep guys from not looking at other women. I am convinced no matter who you are with you can do better, you just get comfortable in the situation presented to you, and you are "happy". Who wants to go thru life trying to do better?

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Well, the reason some people believe this theory is because they also believe that everything happens for a reason. Again, complete bs but the two go hand and hand.

Thanks for those words of wisdom LB :rolleyes:

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
Yeah, being a rational person myself, I find it impossible to think there is a one and only.

There doesn't have to be only one soulmate out there. There may be five or six. You just have to find them. Timing is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread