Do they listen.........

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
interesting thread. The wife and I have noticed the exact same thing. I like to google movies and read about the cast while watching them, and soon as you start typing, the movie auto populates.

now, even stranger than this. we have noticed several times just talking about a subject can make facebook ads appear. example. Last month, we went to my sisters house and started to plan a summer end vacation. discussing where to go. The subject came up of the outer banks which none of us had ever been to and we all decided on there. Her husband was going to connect a laptop to their living room tv so we could all see what we were looking at together to view rentals and the outer banks area. took him about 15 minutes to do that, so I started facebooking and bam...ad after ad for outerbanks condo / home rentals. HTF?

this also happens with restaurants, if we talk about going to get pizza, or seafood of steak BAM we will see ads for pizza, seafood or steak almost immediately. try it, youll creep yourself out.

Blown 89

Established Member
They're listening and i don't care because what they provide makes my life better and is worth it.

Then again I'm not one of those crack pots that thinks my life is so special it's worth listening to.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
They're listening and i don't care because what they provide makes my life better and is worth it.

Then again I'm not one of those crack pots that thinks my life is so special it's worth listening to.

Keep saying that right up until you eventually go to Jail for posting a meme or liking a comment.

scott_0

Established Member
yup, i’m watching the office at the moment on netflix, open google, type a T in, the office is the first option.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmsa540

Established Member
yup, i’m watching the office at the moment on netflix, open google, type a T in, the office is the first option.........

Yep..

This is what i find strange.

NONE of my accounts are linked to my computer.

Ill look up parts for my sn95 on my pho ne and when i get on my computer those ads are now displayed on my laptop.

How?!

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MFE

Established Member
So to start off, I'm not a tin hat type of person.

But with this summer being so hot and humid me and my wife have been watching a lot of movies at night. Some on netflixs, or on the movie channels on cable.

But we have noticed if we google movies that we are watching in our phones to check stuff out about the movie or who was in it, that our phones always knew the search before we typed it out.

We just watched the movie "They Live" and I typed in my phone "THE" and the first thing it started to auto fill in was "they live".

How out of all the things that start with "the" would it go to the movie thats randomly on the tv if my phone wasn't listening to whats around it. Am I crazy or does it seem like our phones know what I'm doing all the time.

Short answer is: Yes. Connected devices are always listening, and it is influencing search results and content recommendations at an accelerating pace.

MFE

Established Member
Yep..

This is what i find strange.

NONE of my accounts are linked to my computer.

Ill look up parts for my sn95 on my pho ne and when i get on my computer those ads are now displayed on my laptop.

How?!

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The holy grail of cross-device targeting. Between your device ID's, your program logins, your computer cookies, and your geo-location, an ever-increasingly accurate picture is available to advertisers of what device is tied to which user, and when.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Yeah, yeah, yeah.......but at least we are able to keep the “another reason to hate ‘you know who’....” thread going.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Algorithms that use previous search history for you, and popular searches currently, and it just adds 2 and 2 together and will auto pop up what it thinks you're looking for. It's been around for quite a long time.

scott_0

Established Member
Algorithms that use previous search history for you, and popular searches currently, and it just adds 2 and 2 together and will auto pop up what it thinks you're looking for. It's been around for quite a long time.

so you’re saying it’s safe for me to remove my tin foil hat?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
636C1AAA-0552-4EC5-8722-E5ED15C6278E.png
See where it says “robots?”
You’re being tracked.
I can break down better when I’m on a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread