Do the Verts have stock Subframe Connectors for 2003?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
yes they do

however the ones that come from the factory are complete shit...they are bolt on and don't really provide much support

get a set of after market ones that are welded in and you will notice a big difference

64comet

Established Member
As everyone has said, yes they do, but they aren't the best. I will tell you though that they do help some. Had a buddy's coupe cobra on a jack and tried to open the door and it wouldn't. Never had that issue with mine, but I still put in the global west subframe connectors with the jacking rails and you can tell the difference.

postalbunny

Established Member
I noticed the same thing... bought mine used so I assumed someone had put them on. Mine appear to be weld-in pieces, not bolted.

divided

Established Member
My 03 didnt have them. But I bought it used so someone may have taken them off at some point.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
Wow. It's been so long since I had my subframe connectors welded on I forgot about those stock toothpicks. The vert also has a front K member that the coupe's don't.

mach1033

Established Member
I put in full subs welded in along with a roll bar. Car is tight now even with the stock springs.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
+1

stock one's are very weak/thin. But I did not notice any difference when I installed/welded up some FLSC.

black 10th vert

Established Member
+1

stock one's are very weak/thin. But I did not notice any difference when I installed/welded up some FLSC.

you are actually the first person that I've ever read of that says the FLSC didn't make a difference after install.:??: What ones did you use?

TRBO VNM

Wow. It's been so long since I had my subframe connectors welded on I forgot about those stock toothpicks. The vert also has a front K member that the coupe's don't.

huh? the kmembers are the same in the couple and vert. the difference is that the vert has an extra 4 point support connected to the Kmember that the coupe doesn't. the kmember is the same.

the coupe actually has a 2 point(straight bar) support

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
huh? the kmembers are the same in the couple and vert. the difference is that the vert has an extra 4 point support connected to the Kmember that the coupe doesn't. the kmember is the same.

the coupe actually has a 2 point(straight bar) support

Intresting, I never new that.
so there are a few subtle diffrences between the two, beside the obvious

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread