Do I Need Injectors?

imran

Established Member
Hi, I have a stage 5 ported Eaton, accufab throttle body, accufab plenum, ported lower intake, welded and port matched accufab TB and Plenum, Mafia, JLT RAI, Heat Exchanger……2.80 pulley

It’s not tuned yet, I’ve been keeping off the boost, but do you all think I need injectors?

What numbers do you think I should be getting with this setup?
I was hoping for about 490 rwhp....without injectors. I've also read that 490-500 range is close to maxing out stock injectors?

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
What pulley combo will you be running? The safe answer is to you say might as well get them just in case, in reality you should be fine with the stockers and even if you do get close your tuner can ramp up the fuel pressure to allow them to spray more.

prostkr

Established Member
Please don't call it a stage 5. Its a Prostkr version 27-10 revision 1. If your not going to add a lower or spray it the stock injectors should get you by.

imran

Established Member
Please don't call it a stage 5. Its a Prostkr version 27-10 revision 1. If your not going to add a lower or spray it the stock injectors should get you by.

Prostkr version 27-10 revision 1 is too much bs, tell you what I'll call it a stage negative 5.... that work? lol. jk.

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Running a STEGGY stage V+ and maxed everything out and put down 483/467 last summer so had to get KB BAP, MAFia and injectors (60's) and dyno is in 3 hours!!! lol ill keep u updated but I would say yes get the injectors

prostkr

Established Member
Mine maxed at 477 hp. The base pressure can be raised to extend the injector out some more but it also puts extra load on the pumps. With a good tuner and a clean voltage table it can be done. Id want it street logged with me (the owner) banging gears after the dyno tune to verify. (free advise in the last sentence)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hi, I have a stage 5 ported Eaton, accufab throttle body, accufab plenum, ported lower intake, welded and port matched accufab TB and Plenum, Mafia, JLT RAI, Heat Exchanger……2.80 pulley
Pretty decent setup.....If you add a little boost (2.65" upper or 2/4 lb lower), and run a decently aggressive tune (22-23 degrees of advance, 11.5 A/F, 93+ octane), you could be in the 520-525 RWHP area, where the stock 39 lb injectors may be getting a little over their head. If you're planning on getting even more aggressive in the futrue, may as well spring for the 60's. If not.....you have a decision only you can make. :beer:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ditto to what Iron Terp said. I'll add that every car is different, so there is no steadfast point, power wise, where the stock injectors would be maxxed out. IMO if you're going to upgrade your meter and pumps, do the injectors at the same time. Overall your fuel system will be "happier". It's not a huge expense and you'll be set for future mods. And you might even save yourself a headache down the road if you're doing a dyno tune and find out that you need to upgrade your injectors and thus end your day until you can get them. This happened to me once and I was a bit ticked at myself for wasting a dyno tune session just because I didn't plan ahead, knowing that I was at least near maxxing them out.

imran

Established Member
Just got car back from dyno tune, put down 485rwhp and 455tq. The injectors were maxing out, plus he did a "Safe" tune on my request because I drive it like I stole it sometimes :beer:

Boost was at 13.16 lbs.

Last edited:

Steve2050

Established Member
Do the 60's now and you will be set for future upgrades. I would hate to get the car to the dyno($) and find out that it needs fuel.

imran

Established Member
Good numbers for 13# boost. Mine was happy in the 17# range. Cool man!!

I think 17 is pushing it alot on the blower, but it does sound like a plan. I think after I do a 2 or 3 lbs lower with fuel mods, I'll be happy at 15/16/17... I'd really like to keep it no higher then 15lbs... i mean first and second gear are already useless @ 13lbs!:bowdown:

imran

Established Member
Do the 60's now and you will be set for future upgrades. I would hate to get the car to the dyno($) and find out that it needs fuel.

Yes! I am planning on doing the 60lbs, pumps, and a couple other small things in the next 30 to 60 days. ( just gotta see how much $$$ my birthday party is going to put be back, LOL )

Users who are viewing this thread